Microsoft will be the next to do so with Windows Phone 10.
    I suspect you are right, though I also think it will take about a year of Win10 being on the market before enough people are won over. But Win10 should remove a lot of the objections that people have had with Win8, and the Surface tablets have been getting a lot better (my boss has a Surface 3).
    01-28-15 08:27 PM
    I suspect you are right, though I also think it will take about a year of Win10 being on the market before enough people are won over.
    During that time they'll need a good flagship or two to compliment their successful low end lineup.
    01-29-15 10:57 PM
    Why android? BlackBerry 10 is the best.
    I'm looking forward to a big screen BlackBerry 10 devices, such as PlayBook 2.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 07:46 AM
    Why android? BlackBerry 10 is the best.
    I'm looking forward to a big screen BlackBerry 10 devices, such as PlayBook 2.
    It's the best if you believe BlackBerry is content with maintaining 1% market share.

And sorry bud, PlayBook 2 will never happen.
    01-30-15 03:28 PM
    To me that would mean BlackBerry selling out. I wouldn't blame them if it kept the company afloat and everyone kept their job but that would be the day I get an iPhone and call myself a wallhugger and and an isheep loud and proud. F**k android.

And since my concerns are privacy related and my mission is to be google free, I'll get a tizen phone or I might just get a dumb phone and give up mobile computing altogether. I'll use the Internet at home or at work. Rant: off

P.S. Maybe BBOS but im not sure, bb10 spoiled me way too much.

Posted via CB10
    Amen Brother!! There is no way I would be apart of the Google G-borg spymaster.

Posted via the pure awesomeness of blackberry.
    02-12-15 06:18 AM
    Hard to give up hub.... but would be nice to run android apps properly instead of what is happening now

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:08 PM
    Google can create native Google apps for any platform it desires, as it has with iOS. The OHA rules prohibit third parties from taking the open-source Android OS, forking it, and then adding Google Services to it. It doesn't prevent Google from writing native apps.

Google wrote native apps for iOS because iOS initially had the biggest marketshare and because iOS still has a huge portion of the upscale, high-spender market. Google has not written native apps for WinPhone, BB, Tizen, Sailfish, Mozilla, Ubuntu Mobile, or anything else because they have tiny marketshare. Google has stated that if a platform can manage 10%+ marketshare, they will consider making native Google apps for that platform. So far, no one (but Apple and Android) has done so.
    Google's CEO uses BlackBerry for his daily driver.

Posted by Q5
    03-08-15 11:14 AM
    The only reason I switched from Android to BlackBerry is because of BB10 OS.
    If I find blackberry stop making phones with BB10 OS. Then probably I will just switch to windows phone.

I'm sure phones with BB10 will grow if the promotion or advertising is massive like Samsung.

See Jolla sailfish, firefox OS. They're growing. Why not blackberry?! Stay positive.

Posted from CB10 with BlackBerry Z3
    03-08-15 11:38 AM
    Google's CEO uses BlackBerry for his daily driver.
    No, Larry Page, Google's CEO and co-founder, uses a Nexus 6.

If you mean Executive Chairman and former CEO Eric Schmidt, he hasn't been CEO since 2011, and yes, he uses a 9900 along with his Moto X, mostly because he's used to a PKB.

But what does that have anything to do with my earlier point?
    03-08-15 11:52 PM
    No, Larry Page, Google's CEO and co-founder, uses a Nexus 6.

If you mean Executive Chairman and former CEO Eric Schmidt, he hasn't been CEO since 2011, and yes, he uses a 9900 along with his Moto X, mostly because he's used to a PKB.

But what does that have anything to do with my earlier point?
    Is there a super-secret locked down CEO ROM available?
    If not, is his Google account data stored with all the other peasant profiles, or is it separate...?

Would be curious to know... :-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-09-15 05:57 AM
    After using my BlackBerry z10...I'm not interested in anything Android.

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-09-15 06:22 AM
    If blackberry can use all there great features like the swipe gestures,hub,and give the entire UI of bb10 on an android phone then I see why not make one for consumers. But also blackberry should continue making enterprise phone for consumers and businesses who take security more seriously.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 09:19 AM
    Hard to give up hub.... but would be nice to run android apps properly instead of what is happening now

Posted via CB10

I agree. I had to use my Nokia Lumia 1020 today because I had major trouble with my overheating Passport. While I liked the nativee Spotify, Audible, Netflix and NFL Gamepass app, I missed the hub too much to leave the Passport behind. But I was surprised how quickly I adapted back to a software keyboard.

Anyway, if BB will really be used software-wise on iOS and Android devices I might give it a try.

I mean imagine the beauty of a Xperia phone with a BB hub. That would be awesome!!!
    03-09-15 03:15 PM
    I'll never go back after my experience on Z10 over the last two years, and now the passport! Ios, android and windows Have a long way to go on os.

Posted via my Passport
    03-09-15 06:52 PM
    The only reason I switched from Android to BlackBerry is because of BB10 OS.
    If I find blackberry stop making phones with BB10 OS. Then probably I will just switch to windows phone.

I'm sure phones with BB10 will grow if the promotion or advertising is massive like Samsung.

See Jolla sailfish, firefox OS. They're growing. Why not blackberry?! Stay positive.

Posted from CB10 with BlackBerry Z3
    I was kinda disappointed with no mozilla phone in the US. I think they are pretty cool as far as privacy on the Web and my PC. In a perfect world...there would be direct sync with thunderbird.

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-09-15 10:24 PM
    The answer is no because all people want in android is fast fast fast. Why make a device to clash head to head with this new Samsung GS6 that's sporting an Octa Core 64 bit chip? I like my Blackberry for what I just used it for. It does a great job of keeping me organized.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:25 AM
    The answer is no because all people want in android is fast fast fast. Why make a device to clash head to head with this new Samsung GS6 that's sporting an Octa Core 64 bit chip? I like my Blackberry for what I just used it for. It does a great job of keeping me organized.

Posted via CB10
    That supposed speed is deceptive. Lollipop has all kinds of bugs. QNX by nature does more tasks with less hardware in terms of OS. The S 6 "speed " is also useless as far as not having HUB. When I can check 3 different emails, twitter,facebook in one spot on a 1.5 year old z10 faster ...its almost comical.

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-10-15 02:39 AM
    I'd buy a BlackBerry classic running android.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:27 AM
    QNX is owned by BB. QNX reliable multi task capability has made it a favorite for chemical plants, automobiles and other applications where lives depend on micro second to micro second reliability. QNX already runs some Android Apps faster and more reliably than Android hardware platforms. I bought my Z30 in large part because I am familiar with QNX. I have a useful productivity tool with 99.9% uptime with the Apps I consider critical. Keep QNX!

Z30 Blackberry Rocks !!!
    03-14-15 10:25 PM
    QNX is owned by BB. QNX reliable multi task capability has made it a favorite for chemical plants, automobiles and other applications where lives depend on micro second to micro second reliability. QNX already runs some Android Apps faster and more reliably than Android hardware platforms. I bought my Z30 in large part because I am familiar with QNX. I have a useful productivity tool with 99.9% uptime with the Apps I consider critical. Keep QNX!

Z30 Blackberry Rocks !!!
    Better Android than Android?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    03-14-15 11:02 PM
    It's the best if you believe BlackBerry is content with maintaining 1% market share.

And sorry bud, PlayBook 2 will never happen.
    There's intelligence and intuitiveness built into BB10. And even with 1%, yes they will continue to maintain the best mobile OS out to date in a profitable manner.

Quote:
    Physical keyboard that doubles as touch pad. Adaptive, predictive virtual keyboard for "flicking" words on screen. Time Shift camera. 100% gesture OS. Auto download attachments Native zip file support Native file manager with PC, USB, and Cloud support. Native device/task manager I have lists of at least 30 things BB 10 phones do natively that iPhones and Androids can't do without a separate app...
    I'd buy a BlackBerry classic running android.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you and nobody else.
    03-15-15 10:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    The issue with Android is it sucks power, most power hungry OS out to date. Its because Android is not a well designed OS. Despite me hating iOS, its still better designed then Android for argument sake. BB10 in the meantime, blows them all out of the water, untouchable and the only mobile OS that represents the future of mobility. BB10 is here to stay regardless whether people agree or not.
    03-15-15 10:07 PM
    The issue with Android is it sucks power, most power hungry OS out to date. Its because Android is not a well designed OS. Despite me hating iOS, its still better designed then Android for argument sake. BB10 in the meantime, blows them all out of the water, untouchable and the only mobile OS that represents the future of mobility. BB10 is here to stay regardless whether people agree or not.
    LOL. That was awesome!
    03-15-15 10:23 PM
    LOL. That was awesome!
    The level of delusion? Lol
    03-16-15 12:37 AM
    LOL. That was awesome!
    Do you enjoy continually restarting, pulling out your phones battery, OS freeze ups, slow downs etc. on your Android device. Well its a well known fact, that is the life of a Android user. Facts are facts, regardless whether you choose to believe them or not.
    03-16-15 01:31 AM
254 ... 678910 ...