A full android phone is everything that Black Berry does NOT stand for. It defeats the entire purpose on why we have BB in the first place
    WE are not enough for BBRY to survive. BBRY needs THEM, the others.

Posted via CB10
    DS1331 likes this.
    07-20-14 04:39 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't need to build an Android phone. It has to improve its android runtime and partner up with Amazon (already done) and to a greater extant Samsung to push Amazon's forked Android to the forefront. People are tired of Google and their atrocious record when it comes to privacy issues. As well Samsung has had enough of Google and the demands they make on them to run Google services, it's heating up even further in the android wearable market between Samsung and Google. Why do you think Samsung is developing Tizen? Not to mention the class action lawsuit Google is facing now is the right time to give consumers a viable alternative.

Z30 and loving it!
    I'd wager Samsung is far from tired.

Tizen doesn't make Samsung money. Android does.
    07-21-14 06:00 AM
    Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:53 AM
    If you were the carrier, would you sell BlackBerry products and advertise it for free while other companies pay you a decent money to advertise their's and also with massive demands? And also, would you do it while most of the people in the world believe that BlackBerry is no longer a good phone maker?

I doubt you would say "yes" if we assume you don't know anything about BlackBerry today.

In my opinion, I think BlackBerry isn't yet advertising their phones a lot because they knew other companies are building phones that catches the eyes of the customers better than BlackBerry's. They know they still have to improve things within the software. They know they have limited money... and they have to be on time. Not like before under TH.

One wrong move will break the ankle and fall and wont be able to survive the injuries after hitting the ground. (its like they're having brittle bones but still have some serious b0ner.)

Marketing would be useless if you try to sell a phone with bad reputation. It might work but wouldn't be a big bang for the money.

If they're really building an octa core full touch screen flagship for next year, +10.3.2.xxxx, +better and has the latest spec, +with new functionalities and extreme efficiency, and + other features,.. it would be a big booom.

They don't need to build massive numbers of new phones. Just build enough then They should wait until the demand goes up snd building again. Then build another phone with better version then sell like hell with another enough or lesser numbers of products for the demand.

Where's my beer?

Posted via CB10
    On the contrary, I would say Yes.

Let me tell you why. Where I am there is competition amongst the networks on 2 prongs:

1. Consumers users or mass market users

2. The. Business users

I would use BlackBerry & work together with BlackBerry for mutual benefits. Here is how I would do it.

To provide an all round solution to the business users. At the moment networks only provides a good call rate package & device deals to capture the businesses to sign up with the networks.

I will use the same approach but I would work together with BlackBerry to market the Balance & the BES as well to the business users. Most SME's & SMI's will not spend too much on additional services so if I can offer the BlackBerry device with Balance & BES I'm sure it will be a win, win, win situation for my network, Blackberry & the SME's

As for the consumer or mass market I will launch a new product where users with the BlackBerry 10 device will be able to use their phones to pay for goods & services. This can be either riding on the BBM money system or we can work together with a payment gateway service provider.

So in this way consumers will be able to pay for goods & services using the credits on their phones by just tapping their phones on a credit card device in the stores or BBM using BBM money.

These two things will unleash unlimited earning potential to my network and at the same time bringing the competition to a different level playing field that we create. At the same time tying in the users to the networks & ensuring long term revenue to the networks.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 12:07 PM
    LOL

Put the keyboard down and move away from it. BB has already fragmented itself from its own position to direness with BB10, now you want a BBandroid....oh please move along before the idiots at BB head table take you seriously with their 'throw the device at the wind and lets see how it flies' mentality for incoming revenue.
    07-21-14 09:35 PM
    On the contrary, I would say Yes.

Let me tell you why. Where I am there is competition amongst the networks on 2 prongs:

1. Consumers users or mass market users

2. The. Business users

I would use BlackBerry & work together with BlackBerry for mutual benefits. Here is how I would do it.

To provide an all round solution to the business users. At the moment networks only provides a good call rate package & device deals to capture the businesses to sign up with the networks.

I will use the same approach but I would work together with BlackBerry to market the Balance & the BES as well to the business users. Most SME's & SMI's will not spend too much on additional services so if I can offer the BlackBerry device with Balance & BES I'm sure it will be a win, win, win situation for my network, Blackberry & the SME's

As for the consumer or mass market I will launch a new product where users with the BlackBerry 10 device will be able to use their phones to pay for goods & services. This can be either riding on the BBM money system or we can work together with a payment gateway service provider.

So in this way consumers will be able to pay for goods & services using the credits on their phones by just tapping their phones on a credit card device in the stores or BBM using BBM money.

These two things will unleash unlimited earning potential to my network and at the same time bringing the competition to a different level playing field that we create. At the same time tying in the users to the networks & ensuring long term revenue to the networks.

Posted via CB10
    Wow! I'm impressed bro!..
    That's a good schematic there. Seriously, I think we should push this. It might help BlackBerry big time.

I think its genius.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 06:31 AM
    WE are not enough for BBRY to survive. BBRY needs THEM, the others.

Posted via CB10
    The others that never had a BlackBerry before and come because of QNX (BB10), like me.
    medic22003 likes this.
    07-22-14 02:38 PM
    QNX is a basic thing for the users like me to switch to BB.
    I do want a phone that runs compiled code like, and that means that the only choice is BlackBerry or iPhone.
    Android support is a good thing for the time being but better to have an option to switch it off somewhere in settings.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 12:41 PM
    Making an android phone does not means giving up BlackBerry UI. It just means to make a phone that is fully compatible with android apps, no restrictions or flaws at all. BlackBerry should continue with its looks and feel by making own UI for android. Fully supporting google play store would be the best option.
    08-10-14 12:42 AM
    Heck, wasn't long ago that most the people here said that cross platform BBM would kill BlackBerry. Now all of the good little fanboys and girls have changed their tune.

LOL!!!!! oh yah those were the selfsame fanbois who launched thermonuclear holocaust on me for saying it needed to be done.....waaaay back in 2011.....😅
    08-10-14 06:48 AM
    I would go with the caption of this chat. But then BlackBerry should not give up its individuality. At the same time "customer is king" which why BlackBerry is facing the woes of being the third or perhaps the fourth OS in terms of sales. I have quite a few apps which are unavailable in BlackBerry World! Sad but true that many migrate out to get user-friendly and user-needy units! But can BlackBerry then compete with existing manufacturers such as Samsung, HTC who are in the android for a lifetime!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 06:54 AM
    Bbry needs to replicate the bb10 front end in a launcher for Android. Then they need to start selling Android phones.

Make them premium phones for consumers and business.

In enterprise, how good would it be to be able to cross sell Android/BB10/BES?

Keep Android stock. Tell enterprises that if they want to get the best security, to go with BB10. If not use the Android solution.

But make the android phone with consumers in mind. Make it beautiful!

Posted via CB10
    They simply can't because a full fledged Android device is no longer Android. It is a Google device. Meaning they will be as botched on the app front as the Firefox, Linux, Tizen and Amazon flavors of Android. Google play services bundle is everything nowadays.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    08-10-14 08:55 AM
    LOL!!!!! oh yah those were the selfsame fanbois who launched thermonuclear holocaust on me for saying it needed to be done.....waaaay back in 2011.....😅
    I think it will hurt over the long run IMHO. You are now BlackBerry less if I read right in a post somewhere, but can still use BBM. I have seen other long time CB members here that have been leaving. I'm starting to think about bailing now depending in the new iPhone 6 because I want all touch, BlackBerry hasn't mentioned any new high end all touch and the last one wasn't even available to many in the US, and it wasn't really high end. I'm tired of waiting for Android apps taking forever to load on my Z10, the Z30 isn't enough of an upgrade, and I don't want to go back to a PKB device that will likely develop stuttering key issues like my 9900 did, and I read the Q10 still has this issue, and no doubt the Passport will be no different. BBM has kept me with BlackBerry for a while, but now I can go to any of the other major platforms and still have my BBM, and a superior app selection. Oh and BlackBerry won't make a dime off me on BBM with lame things like stickers because I'm not a little kid that needs to send them to others.

Right now the only things that BlackBerry has for me to stay is the hub, the superior VKB, and all touch, but the last might be gone and the previous two might not be enough for me to stay anymore. I now can go BlackBerry less too and not miss out on much

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    08-10-14 12:54 PM
    I think it will hurt over the long run IMHO. You are now BlackBerry less if I read right in a post somewhere, but can still use BBM. I have seen other long time CB members here that have been leaving. I'm starting to think about bailing now depending in the new iPhone 6 because I want all touch, BlackBerry hasn't mentioned any new high end all touch and the last one wasn't even available to many in the US, and it wasn't really high end. I'm tired of waiting for Android apps taking forever to load on my Z10, the Z30 isn't enough of an upgrade, and I don't want to go back to a PKB device that will likely develop stuttering key issues like my 9900 did, and I read the Q10 still has this issue, and no doubt the Passport will be no different. BBM has kept me with BlackBerry for a while, but now I can go to any of the other major platforms and still have my BBM, and a superior app selection. Oh and BlackBerry won't make a dime off me on BBM with lame things like stickers because I'm not a little kid that needs to send them to others.

Right now the only things that BlackBerry has for me to stay is the hub, the superior VKB, and all touch, but the last might be gone and the previous two might not be enough for me to stay anymore. I now can go BlackBerry less too and not miss out on much

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    The thing is, BlackBerry seems to be going more into a services company than a handset.

That's what I'm reading into their actions. Therefore, monetise BBM. That's still not fully fleshed out, from what I've read.

And you're right. I retired from BlackBerry in June.
    08-10-14 01:00 PM
    I don't think they should at all. It's one thing for BlackBerry to run android apps which is a good thing.

However, for them to enter the android market completely looks bad. If BlackBerry were to make a fully capable android phone it would use too many resources they don't have. Instead they could focus it on the products they have now, which are actually pretty good.

To add, it would also make BlackBerry look like they are giving up on bb10. BlackBerry is currently on the right course to establish bb10 than ever before because they are focused on it.

If blackberry created a fully capable android phone, it would only confuse consumers even more. Some people don't even know about bb10, let alone an android BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 11:28 PM
    Stop it already

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 04:20 PM
    I think not.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    08-18-14 04:41 PM
    Thanks but no thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 06:27 PM
    They simply can't because a full fledged Android device is no longer Android. It is a Google device. Meaning they will be as botched on the app front as the Firefox, Linux, Tizen and Amazon flavors of Android. Google play services bundle is everything nowadays.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    In plain English:
    the world got sucked into using Google's services ("free"), app store and ecosystem, by continued usage got locked into it, and now that they are considered "indispensable", they can corner the market and nobody else has a chance...

I wish Microsoft, Amazon and BlackBerry all the best, a de-facto monopoly has never been a good thing...

Food for thought and discussion.

(No offense to Google users. :-) )

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-26-14 11:08 PM
    The thing is, BlackBerry seems to be going more into a services company than a handset.

That's what I'm reading into their actions. Therefore, monetise BBM. That's still not fully fleshed out, from what I've read.

And you're right. I retired from BlackBerry in June.
    If BBM is only service they can monetize then is its better for them to try to keep devices group alive. When BlackBerry had "for sale" sign, and when it could be bought for relatively small amount there was no one to buy it. No IBM, Google, Apple or Microsoft showed interest for "high value enterprise solutions and the most refine and secure MDM solutions accompanied with best IM solution on the market". Simply put, BlackBerry's selling something that no one wants to buy. There was more interest in Palm buyout then in BlackBerry. I remember that S. Jobs thought to buy Palm and even wanted to keep It alive to use it against BlackBerry.
    I really can understand that group of people gathered on this forum really love BB10 (heck, I love BB10), but I cant understand this blind zealotism that its better for BlackBerry to kill hardware division then to try to go multi-platform.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-28-14 12:48 PM
    If BBM is only service they can monetize then is its better for them to try to keep devices group alive. When BlackBerry had "for sale" sign, and when it could be bought for relatively small amount there was no one to buy it. No IBM, Google, Apple or Microsoft showed interest for "high value enterprise solutions and the most refine and secure MDM solutions accompanied with best IM solution on the market". Simply put, BlackBerry's selling something that no one wants to buy. There was more interest in Palm buyout then in BlackBerry. I remember that S. Jobs thought to buy Palm and even wanted to keep It alive to use it against BlackBerry.
    I really can understand that group of people gathered on this forum really love BB10 (heck, I love BB10), but I cant understand this blind zealotism that its better for BlackBerry to kill hardware division then to try to go multi-platform.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Let me have a guess:

By buying BlackBerry,
    Google / Microsoft / Apple would have admitted that something is missing in their own offerings and they need this "obsolete" company to add and integrate that which is missing ...

Also, BlackBerry's privacy / security focus is probably
    - incompatible with Google's data mining business and lax privacy policies,
    -Microsoft has a completely different software architecture (no POSIX / Unix style OS), buying BlackBerry would be an reinforcement of the stereotype that their software is inherently insecure and prone to malware infections
    - and Apple "doesn't need BlackBerry because it makes the best and most innovative phones anyway"... "Keyboards - never... !"

I'm just throwing this in as some fodder for discussions, not necessarily well thought through. :-)

08-31-14 04:46 AM
    No one buys a blackberry specifically to use bbm only. That's ridiculous. And a BlackBerry android phone is a dream for me but I believe it will never come to fruition

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 09:46 AM
    No one buys a blackberry specifically to use bbm only. That's ridiculous. And a BlackBerry android phone is a dream for me but I believe it will never come to fruition

Q10 Posted via CB10
    Would you be able to root / use ADB?
    Probably, and there goes your security, just like Blackphone.

If you want Android's customizability or using mods/ROMs, your BlackBerry security pretty much goes out the windows... (pun intended).

Who would be able to tell you that you're not loading a poisoned ROM?

Any input welcome...

09-07-14 06:26 PM
    An android qwerty phone would be nice and would probably sell well initially. As for a touch screen android version, there's just not much differentiation between blackberry products and the rest of the market to make any real money. IMO, and this is just one person's opinion, I think the UI color scheme and overall device design could use a lot of work.

Moreover, someone brought this up in a BGR comment, I'm surprised blackberry didn't think of TYPO first.
    09-07-14 07:29 PM
    Would you be able to root / use ADB?
    Probably, and there goes your security, just like Blackphone.

If you want Android's customizability or using mods/ROMs, your BlackBerry security pretty much goes out the windows... (pun intended).

Who would be able to tell you that you're not loading a poisoned ROM?

Any input welcome...

If you load custom rom then no BES to you, and that's fair. Security concerned customers will not root their phones.

If BlackBerry is really going services route then their proprietary OS is just an obstacle. I'm just saying if time comes to decide if they should ditch hardware unit, before doing so they might consider to kill BBOS and go Android/WP route. Somehow, I think they could have better position for placing their services as Google and Microsoft hardware partners than as their competition.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 01:03 PM
254 12345 ...