If were at the last BBRY JAM, you would have heard Alecia Keys tell the audience that when she met FB, she could not understand a word he was saying .

That's the second time I've seen you type this nonsense

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 05:59 PM
    Why not? It is the BEST BlackBerry that is out in the Market.

Only competition is the Q10. Damn you, Q10!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 05:59 PM
    If Chuck Norris is involved, the internet would explode with memes involving BBRY. It would be something!

If chuck Norris is advertising, everyone would buy a blackberry...No choice ha ha

Posted with blackberry second best smartphone behind the Q10, the Zed10...lool
    08-16-13 06:01 PM
    Celebrity endorsements work better when the product pushed is something the celeb uses directly. Take musicians there's more marketing value for a guitar manufacturer to endorse a popular musician then a smartphone company. I don't understand the Alicia Keys or race car thing. It doesn't click with me. In my mind What would make more sense is an ad with famous business or mediapeople that are known to be industrious/ busy. Caption can read: Why do I use BlackBerry? Cause I'm busy and don't have time to **** around. That would resonate with me. It's straight to the point no bs

Swordsmanship Channel: C000C9AF6
    08-16-13 06:03 PM
    While I found the commercial amusing, are you seriously telling BlackBerry to take tips from HTC? You do know HTC isn't exactly in the best of shape either right? HTC has been falling and rising since 2009. Sound familiar? lol
    The big difference is that HTC now has a hit on their hands in the One, which is something to build on now. Does anyone remember the first Samsung Galaxy being wildly popular? I don't. It was a phone that put them on the map as far as consumers were concerned and gave them something to build on. It wasn't til the GS3 that Samsung really took off in its marketing and consumers were conscious about it. Now? Forget about it. People are already lining up in their heads for the next Galaxy phone.

I think we'll see a turnaround in a year or two from HTC.. As long as they keep doing what they have been. As for BB? They still need to find that hit phone that consumers want. Which I don't see happening for a long time to come.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-16-13 08:05 PM
    I think a better example for the OP to have used in his original post was either Apple or Samsung. Both are very successful companies with great products and have superior marketing.

HTC as a company has not done well in recent years. There is no doubt that the HTC One is an excellent phone, but it is not selling as well as the company would like. It's release was plagued with delays (sounds familiar) and was too close to the SG4 launch, so many of its potential buyers bought the SG4 instead.

And that marketing add, even with the Iron Man Robert Downey Jr was totally stupid.

A good example of an add to compare to is the Marc Saltzman Samsung advertising that he does. He knows the technology, so he knows what he is taking about and shows you all the must have cool features.

The HTC add does not even come close and would not in any way make me want to buy a HTC phone.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    08-17-13 08:58 AM
    The big difference is that HTC now has a hit on their hands in the One, which is something to build on now. Does anyone remember the first Samsung Galaxy being wildly popular? I don't. It was a phone that put them on the map as far as consumers were concerned and gave them something to build on. It wasn't til the GS3 that Samsung really took off in its marketing and consumers were conscious about it. Now? Forget about it. People are already lining up in their heads for the next Galaxy phone.

I think we'll see a turnaround in a year or two from HTC.. As long as they keep doing what they have been. As for BB? They still need to find that hit phone that consumers want. Which I don't see happening for a long time to come.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    The GS2 was actually the phone that put Samsung on the map.
    The GS3 wasnt much better than the GS2 but it was thanks to the GS2 that the GS3 became the hit it was.
    Basically people locked into other contracts saw how good the GS2 was and went for the GS3 as that was out by the time they were free to upgrade.
    GS1 was ok. GS2 was a huge improvement. GS3 slightly improved, and the GS4 is again a minor upgrade.
    Rickroller likes this.
    08-17-13 12:11 PM
32 12