I happened to meet the CEO of a software company last week who asked me if BlackBerry was still making phones.

'Nuff said.
    04-18-15 08:26 PM
    I hope you told this so called software CEO that they went out of business years ago.....DOH. Enuf said.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    04-18-15 08:41 PM
    No I told him the truth.
    04-18-15 08:47 PM
    I happened to meet the CEO of a software company last week who asked me if BlackBerry was still making phones.

'Nuff said.
    I'd blame BBRY for that. Easier said than done, obviously, but BBRY needs to increase its profile among execs in its own sector.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-18-15 09:18 PM
    I'd blame BBRY for that. Easier said than done, obviously, but BBRY needs to increase its profile among execs in its own sector.
    I couldn't agree more. It's almost as if they're embarrassed by the devices and won't tell people they're out there. But their advertising efforts have never been top-notch, if you ask me. Remember that horrible Super Bowl commercial a few years ago? Disastrous.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-18-15 09:37 PM
    Clearly that "software CEO" doesn't keep tabs on the market.

I would never try to defend Blackberry's marketing prowess given their historical poor performance in this area, but anyone who is really "plugged in" knows what Blackberry is doing, if only for their fairly wide footprint in the mobile market.

Any CEO that makes a comment like that is either a minor player, lazy or playing stupid for some reason.
    nt300 likes this.
    04-19-15 09:47 AM

I would never try to defend Blackberry's marketing prowess given their historical poor performance in this area, but anyone who is really "plugged in" knows what Blackberry is doing, if only for their fairly wide footprint in the mobile market.

Any CEO that makes a comment like that is either a minor player, lazy or playing stupid for some reason.
    Nah. It could mean he has a good setup going, and doesn't need to look around. As a BBRY investor, I'd put the onus on BBRY to convince him otherwise.

Having said that, I would assume a tech exec would have a feel for what the big players are up to.
    04-19-15 12:10 PM
    I couldn't agree more. It's almost as if they're embarrassed by the devices and won't tell people they're out there. But their advertising efforts have never been top-notch, if you ask me. Remember that horrible Super Bowl commercial a few years ago? Disastrous.
    Why would they need to know. "Software CEO" covers a huge range. Maybe his company does oil exploration support software or something like that. Why would they know about BB?
    04-19-15 02:20 PM

Isn't that why he asked, cause he didn't know.
    04-20-15 12:00 AM

'Nuff said.
    Indeed. Scary to see CEO not being aware of their industry.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 10:18 AM
    Or his iPhone/Android works for him, and he doesn't have time to research what else is out there.

There's probably many people in the same situation.
    04-22-15 10:31 AM

Posted via CB10

I really don't understand this. Unless he is in telecommunications or something similar, why would anyone expect that he know much about what Blackberry is currently doing?
    04-23-15 07:05 AM