Enough said. Luv my passport. Best fone ever produced

Posted via CB10
    gugomat and David Tyler like this.
    12-22-15 03:18 PM
    And I'll never buy any phone that doesn't have os BlackBerry 10 on it. So there. Blccch

Posted via CB10
    Asvertus likes this.
    12-22-15 03:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    I do agree, but I'm pretty sure John Chen is no dummy, and if he thinks it will work for BB to make it, then it probably will.
    Switching to Android could save BlackBerry's hardware business. It obviously wasn't doing all that well with BB10 alone, so something had to be done. You might love you BlackBerry, but that won't save the company unfortunately. Chen made a good decision that could save the company you love.
    gugomat and paulbbp like this.
    It would if the fools would advertise. Just a little. Ok I'm butting 3 passports and hunkering down for the fallout

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    12-22-15 03:26 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 03:27 PM
    I meant I'm buying 3 passports and hunkering down. Drop dead John Chen btw. Thanks for killing bb

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and Killjoyhere like this.
    12-22-15 03:29 PM
    I meant I'm buying 3 passports and hunkering down. Drop dead John Chen btw. Thanks for killing bb

Posted via CB10
    Your'e about as p1ssed off as me, but i left and went to apple,
    12-22-15 03:31 PM
    It's hard to say whether Chen is to blame for killing bb10, ultimately people didn't buy into it and Devs wouldn't make apps for it. What else could they do?

I'm as disappointed as you BTW.

Posted by Passport on bb10 but not sure for how much longer!
    12-22-15 03:50 PM
    It is hard to sell a phone that noone knows about! Most people have never seen a Passport or seen any commercial for it! Passport is the best phone ever produced! Reminds me of the Betamax/VHS tape controversy in the 80s. Betamax was superior on every level such as picture quality. VHS tapes had poor picture quality but could tape longer. The consumers chose VHS and Betamax became a footnote. I am buying another Passport as a spare! Need a Betamax player?

8830<9650<9810<Playbook64<Q10<Passport
    josuam likes this.
    12-22-15 06:09 PM
    Your'e about as p1ssed off as me, but i left and went to apple,
    I left and went to android one plus 2 can't really blame me for the price and the amount of phone I'm getting.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    12-22-15 06:23 PM
    I left and went to android one plus 2 can't really blame me for the price and the amount of phone I'm getting.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    i like them, it's a dam good phone.
    12-22-15 06:28 PM
    Why is it so hard for people to understand that BlackBerry os never has and never will receive the type of development the competition receives?That's what led to its downfall, but that has been known for years now. I can't understand why people are still complaining. I am more than happy with the updates that will be coming from BlackBerry. If you want major development then go to the competition or buy a priv.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by Fernando Martin; 12-22-15 at 07:19 PM.
    12-22-15 07:08 PM
    He knows enough to make a formally on the edge of a buyout company profitable for 7 quarters straight for the first time in years.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    domokeats09 and David Tyler like this.
    12-22-15 08:04 PM
    He gave the company a breath of fresh air and instilled confidence in existing and new customers. Let's hope he did not arrive too late. (heinz should have been canned long before he was.)

12-22-15 08:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    OP, we are sure of at least one thing. He knows more than you do.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 02:35 AM
    The Board of Directors of Blackberry -- acted on behalf of shareholders -- hired Blackberry CEO.
    CEO of Blackberry main job : Protect shareholders' value. At any cost.
    John Chen CV: turn Sybase around and sold it at a price which was good to the shareholders (cmiiw)
    Go figure.
    TGR1 likes this.
    12-23-15 05:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Passport was Thorsten Heins' brainchild. It was already in development when Chen took over.
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-23-15 06:26 AM
    Chen is a lot of, "hmmm", "maybe", "possibility" etc. BlackBerry needs can do and will do. That attitude gets results. He doesn't exude confidence whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 08:00 AM
    BlackBerry 10 was deemed a commercial failure by BlackBerry in the summer of 2013 - within 6 months of launch. After spending huge money on promotion and developers conferences and incentives, the big name apps weren't coming. It was done.

Chen was hired and brought in to change the direction of the company away from BB10.

He had the difficult task of having to drag the BB10 division along for a bit, while he was switching to software.

Along the way, Louks convinced Chen that the Priv would be a low risk shot at potentially staying in the hardware business, and he agreed.
    JeepBB, app_Developer and TGR1 like this.
    12-23-15 08:11 AM
    BlackBerry 10 was deemed a commercial failure by BlackBerry in the summer of 2013 - within 6 months of launch. After spending huge money on promotion and developers conferences and incentives, the big name apps weren't coming. It was done.

BlackBerry os 10 is not done. Far from it in fact.

Chen was hired and brought in to change the direction of the company away from BB10.

There is no evidence to prove that. The fact is that Chen was brought in to make BlackBerry profitable again.

He had the difficult task of having to drag the BB10 division along for a bit, while he was switching to software.
    Pure speculation. Chen has not confirmed that he is dumping os10 or hardware in fact.

Along the way, Louks convinced Chen that the Priv would be a low risk shot at potentially staying in the hardware business, and he agreed.
    BlackBerry announced that 40% of its sales from last quarter were from hardware. The priv only became available during the first week of November. Most hardware sales came from BlackBerry os devices. I suspect that next quarter's report will show an even higher percentage of sales coming from hardware. BlackBerry's hardware division isn't going anywhere. Neither is bb10.

12-23-15 01:49 PM

There is no evidence to prove that. The fact is that Chen was brought in to make BlackBerry profitable again.

Pure speculation. Chen has not confirmed that he is dumping os10 or hardware in fact.

BlackBerry announced that 40% of its sales from last quarter were from hardware. The priv only became available during the first week of November. Most hardware sales came from BlackBerry os devices. I suspect that next quarter's report will show an even higher percentage of sales coming from hardware. BlackBerry's hardware division isn't going anywhere. Neither is bb10.

BB10 has lost billions. Profit off of BB10 device sales come no where near recovering OS development costs. They continue to lose millions every quarter on BB10.

If two minor maintenance/security patches mean BB10 has a glorious life ahead to you, then I have not much else to say.
    12-23-15 01:57 PM
    Chen is saving bb10 and the hardware business. Doing his best, by the way. If there is no Chen BlackBerry10 would be long time drop dead. To much mistakes were made by previous management. Mistakes with BlackBerry Playbook, mistakes on a touch phones market. Mistakes with a multiplatform BBM launch. All that done in a propper way could help avoid the current situation. But it wasn't. And the BlackBerry's marketing was totally f@@ed up. It is as is, so seriously, nothing to blame Chen for. He's working out all the ways to make the company profitable, saving the most risky part of the business (BlackBerry10 and hardware) for us. Yep, Android is not the best way to further develop .the BlackBerry, but it could turn back the switchers, so I guess there is nothing to blame that guy.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 02:06 PM
    If there is no Chen BlackBerry10 would be long time drop dead.
    I agree completely. Anyone else would have been smart enough to kill off BB10 long ago. Even Thorsten Heins knew that BB10's only chance was for it to be successful from launch and go up from there. That obviously didn't happen. Making the devices after the Q10 a waste of time and resources that could and probably should have been used focusing on shifting to Android.
    12-23-15 04:29 PM

With BB10, hardware % keep dropping. What does Priv sales have to do with BB10? All that does is prove to management that BB10 should be killed even quicker because every dollar needs to be maximized for shareholders and BB10 is just the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    12-23-15 04:38 PM
136 123 ...