With Samsung being synonymous with Android devices many other droid users feel the same in regards to there non-sammy devices...

While Apple and Blackberry are each know for their across the board shapes and sizes, Android is simply an OS chosen by multiple manufacturers with none if any sharing the same form - therefore many of them have the same accessory issues...
    04-27-14 08:10 PM
    I convinced my mom to upgrade from a Bold 9780 to a Q10. Recently I was in an Ontario mall to buy her an iShieldz screen protector. I stopped at T-Mobile (sold out) an independent kiosk (didn't carry them) and then a Koodo booth. The guy at Koodo told me that they were phasing out BlackBerry entirely. I then went to The Source, and found exactly what I was looking for. I took the 2nd last Q10 iShieldz to the counter to pay, and found out it was 50% off. When I expressed my happiness at the discount, the salesperson said "well it is Blackberry," like I was supposed to know what he was talking about. Whenever I tell them how much I enjoy my Q5 I am met with a blank stare. So frustrating. No wonder sales are so low.
    Sad but true, unfortunately this has been going on at the retail level for years now...at least you can buy all sorts of accessories online and at better pricing to boot !!
    KarissaBean likes this.
    04-27-14 08:36 PM
    It is sad. I hope the next devices release sooner rather than later.
    ....but ONLY if they're ready.
    04-27-14 08:48 PM
    Since when did BB build Conestoga Mall?
    04-27-14 09:33 PM
    The OP was in a Best Buy *Mobility store* which is not much bigger than a kiosk so you can't compare it to a BB box store.
    You're making an argument where there isn't one

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 09:56 PM
    Touring the modern and very nice mall in Waterloo today and I wander into a Best Buy Mobile store and can't even find a section that has a single BlackBerry accessory.

I approach a stunned sales person and ask where the BlackBerry items are? He grins and says "when we run out its difficult to get BlackBerry stock in". I asked where is the wall with empty space? He walks away... I said to the clown that BlackBerry built this mall and pretty much everything around it.

Mr Chen, please sort out your own back yard.

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    I live in Waterloo and it doesn't even seem like BlackBerry has it's company located here. There are little things like a Ping Street app being advertised in uptown Waterloo but other then that BlackBerry advertising is no where to be seen.

It's rare to even see BlackBerry's in people's hands now. Seems like only business men and fathers have them. EVERYONE use to have a BlackBerry 4-6 years ago.
    04-27-14 10:23 PM
    You're not in Canada.

Though interestingly, I did recently discover there are 3 different "Waterloo's" in Virginia, and a bunch in other states.
    Considering that I expressly stated that I went to AT&T and that I mentioned that I worked in the U.S. federal government, it should have been abundantly clear that I don't live in Canada. That would be one long commute every day. The poster I answered did not specify going to a Walmart in Canada, either.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    04-27-14 10:40 PM
    ....but ONLY if they're ready.
    Well, there's that too. I agree.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    04-27-14 10:43 PM
    Conestoga mall stinks
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    04-27-14 10:45 PM
    You may think you didn't...but you did.
    Again, I manage a location of a national chain that isn't BBFS.

For the record, I've personally owned a Pearl 8130, Curve 8330 (both of which I still own), a Storm 1, Bold 9900, and a Z10.
    No harm intended reeneebob, simply an error...I corrected wording in my post !!

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Q5
    reeneebob likes this.
    04-27-14 10:52 PM
    No harm intended reeneebob, simply an error...I corrected wording in my post !!

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Q5
    No worries gliveron...unfortunately some others on the board have made comments like that NOT in error in an attempt to get a response, so I tend to get my back up a bit about it.

I figured it was a mistake.
    04-27-14 10:57 PM
    I live in Waterloo and it doesn't even seem like BlackBerry has it's company located here. There are little things like a Ping Street app being advertised in uptown Waterloo but other then that BlackBerry advertising is no where to be seen.

It's rare to even see BlackBerry's in people's hands now. Seems like only business men and fathers have them. EVERYONE use to have a BlackBerry 4-6 years ago.
    I live in KW and personally see at least a couple a day. As for the advertising, you must not watch the biggest hockey team in the world and the biggest sports franchise in Canada??? BlackBerry teamed up with MLSE this year so I would say they are making some positive steps. I don't see why they would waste advertising dollars in KW???

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-28-14 01:13 AM
    http://www.mlse.com/news/mlseblackberry_062613.aspx

Trust me, in Canada it doesn't get any bigger than MLSE and It's ratings.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-28-14 01:20 AM
    OK so OP checks on store in waterloo and everyone on CB thinks Canada is so bad, doesn't support cdn companies and there's no BlackBerrys in Canada.
    Lol you guys are funny. There's a ton of BlackBerrys around Canada (not enough but still a bunch) and there is still stores that have BB stuff as well just maybe not the one store OP checked lol

Posted via CB10
    This x2...in Cambridge (about 20 minutes from the said Waterloo store mentioned by the OP), they still have lots of BB10 devices and accessories...so the Waterloo store could be an anomaly.

Kev
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-28-14 09:53 AM
    This x2...in Cambridge (about 20 minutes from the said Waterloo store mentioned by the OP), they still have lots of BB10 devices and accessories...so the Waterloo store could be an anomaly.

Everything is an anomaly when your sample size = 1.

But that doesn't stop the endless pontification and wild gesticulations here on lovable Crackberry.
    habs_fan and anon(5624621) like this.
    04-28-14 10:50 AM

Kev
    Considering that as of now there are thirteen posts in this thread, I would say that the statement that "everyone on CB" says anything regarding the OP's report is a bit of a hyperbole, no?

In your very own words, there are not enough BlackBerry devices around Canada, but still a "bunch." Also, when using the word "still" it is reasonable to understand that there is an implied statement that things have changed. Meaning BlackBerry and BlackBerry accessories are not as easily found as they once were. So in your very own words, there is tacit support of the OP's assessments.

Seems in your rush to discount the discussion in the thread you have added to the OP's original assessment of circumstances surrounding availability of BlackBerry devices and accessories in Waterloo.
    See qbnkelt instead of being negative about BlackBerry and me look around and you will see lots of CB CANADIAN Users still have good stories and have stores with lots of BlackBerry stuff. There is no Conspiracy, just OP looked in wrong spot

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 10:57 AM
    See qbnkelt instead of being negative about BlackBerry and me
    You call it being negative about BlackBerry and you. Let's discuss.

I am critical of BlackBerry. I criticise mistakes. Companies are not holy nor are they infallible. I haven't got a personal relationship with BlackBerry where I am sworn to allegiance to it. It is a company that produces products I use and if they produce products that do not meet my standard I say so. There is no logical reason that compels me to not criticise a company's production. When BlackBerry produces something I like, I say so; witness my posts on my Q10 versus my Z10 versus my 9900 series. The 9900 series and the problems I had with those devices pushed me completely away from BlackBerry. The Z10 was a meh experience. I love my Q10. If I can stand up and say I love my Q10 I can also stand up and say that I hated the 9900 series. There is no reason why I should be able to say one thing and not the other. Has BlackBerry lacked in execution? Yes. So I criticise that.

Similarly, BlackBerry has failed to market its new platform appropriately. And they failed to bring the big apps after implying or stating that they were coming. So I criticise them for that. I see no reason why not. The money spent on an outrageously flawed Super Bowl spot might have been better spent in print ads, smaller commercials, radio spots. Did they pay Alicia Keys? The money spent on that failed relationship could have been used on displays like the Torch display. So I criticise them.

Where don't I criticise them? In giving me an OS that is a joy to use, that brougth me back. I don't criticise them for not having all the bells and whistles that BBOS had in terms of maturity because I understand that it's an infant OS. I don't criticise them in compromising my privacy.

So....there is a difference in being negative (BlackBerry SUCKS GOATS!!!! This is a USELESS POS OS THAT'S GOOD FOR NOTHING!!!!) and being critical in the manner mentioned above.

Now....let's talk about me presumably being negative about you. I challenge your words. I challenge your posts. I have no feeling, negative or positive, towards you. I don't make it personal. I don't know you from Adam. Unlike a certain number of posters who congregate in other sites, I have not dragged your name through the mud. I have not used verbally abusive language against you. I have not insulted you. Point to one instance where I have publicly insulted you in the same manner as this group of posters have insulted me. One. I challenge you. Hint: there isn't one.

So....I am not negtive about you. I challenge your words. There is a difference. I challenge everyone. I question everyone. I challenge my team members and I challenge my Director. And I challenge my children as I challenge my parents. To challenge is to question the thought and the logic. That, I do. To every person with whom I have a relationship. Because I don't simply accept anyone's statements without question. That's who I am. That's what I do.

look around and you will see lots of CB CANADIAN Users still have good stories and have stores with lots of BlackBerry stuff. There is no Conspiracy, just OP looked in wrong spot

Posted via CB10
    Take a look at my words and tell me where I said that there was a conspiracy:

And yet all the conspiracy theories would have everyone believe that BlackBerry's absence from stores is because of the American market.

It is sad. I hope the next devices release sooner rather than later.
    Did you find it? No? That's because I never said that. I actually said the same thing you did. That there is no conspiracy. I stated that it is not true that there is a conspiracy against BlackBerry perpetrated by the American market. My point is that the American market is not responsible for the absence of BlackBerry devices and/or accessories in stores, whether carriers as I originally erroneously understood, or Best Buy or Walmart or Target.

See....here is the thing. You are so ready to wage war against me that you don't realise that I am saying the same thing as you - there is no conspiracy. BlackBerry has lost ground of its own volition. Through its own missteps. It's not the American market that has caused the troubles, nor the Canadian market, nor anyone other than BlackBerry's lack of marketing, flawed execution, and slow response to the challenge of Apple and Android.

So....are we done now? I am not negative about BlackBerry, I am critical. If I were negative, I would not have bought a Z10 when I sworn off the brand nor would I have followed it up with a Q10 when my Z died. And I am not negative about you, I don't chase you all over the forum quoting your posts. I have stayed away from those who trashed me and insulted me in certain sites and certain forums, because the trouble is not worth it to me. They are irrelevant, the opinions about me of those who insulted me and continue to insult me. Frankly, I find it amusing that one woman they don't know sitting at a computer could get them so worked up.

So....are we done making this thread about me?
    04-28-14 12:08 PM
    You call it being negative about BlackBerry and you. Let's discuss.

I am critical of BlackBerry. I criticise mistakes. Companies are not holy nor are they infallible. I haven't got a personal relationship with BlackBerry where I am sworn to allegiance to it. It is a company that produces products I use and if they produce products that do not meet my standard I say so. There is no logical reason that compels me to not criticise a company's production. When BlackBerry produces something I like, I say so; witness my posts on my Q10 versus my Z10 versus my 9900 series. The 9900 series and the problems I had with those devices pushed me completely away from BlackBerry. The Z10 was a meh experience. I love my Q10. If I can stand up and say I love my Q10 I can also stand up and say that I hated the 9900 series. There is no reason why I should be able to say one thing and not the other. Has BlackBerry lacked in execution? Yes. So I criticise that.

Similarly, BlackBerry has failed to market its new platform appropriately. And they failed to bring the big apps after implying or stating that they were coming. So I criticise them for that. I see no reason why not. The money spent on an outrageously flawed Super Bowl spot might have been better spent in print ads, smaller commercials, radio spots. Did they pay Alicia Keys? The money spent on that failed relationship could have been used on displays like the Torch display. So I criticise them.

Where don't I criticise them? In giving me an OS that is a joy to use, that brougth me back. I don't criticise them for not having all the bells and whistles that BBOS had in terms of maturity because I understand that it's an infant OS. I don't criticise them in compromising my privacy.

So....there is a difference in being negative (BlackBerry SUCKS GOATS!!!! This is a USELESS POS OS THAT'S GOOD FOR NOTHING!!!!) and being critical in the manner mentioned above.

Now....let's talk about me presumably being negative about you. I challenge your words. I challenge your posts. I have no feeling, negative or positive, towards you. I don't make it personal. I don't know you from Adam. Unlike a certain number of posters who congregate in other sites, I have not dragged your name through the mud. I have not used verbally abusive language against you. I have not insulted you. Point to one instance where I have publicly insulted you in the same manner as this group of posters have insulted me. One. I challenge you. Hint: there isn't one.

So....I am not negtive about you. I challenge your words. There is a difference. I challenge everyone. I question everyone. I challenge my team members and I challenge my Director. And I challenge my children as I challenge my parents. To challenge is to question the thought and the logic. That, I do. To every person with whom I have a relationship. Because I don't simply accept anyone's statements without question. That's who I am. That's what I do.

Take a look at my words and tell me where I said that there was a conspiracy:

Did you find it? No? That's because I never said that. I actually said the same thing you did. That there is no conspiracy. I stated that it is not true that there is a conspiracy against BlackBerry perpetrated by the American market. My point is that the American market is not responsible for the absence of BlackBerry devices and/or accessories in stores, whether carriers as I originally erroneously understood, or Best Buy or Walmart or Target.

See....here is the thing. You are so ready to wage war against me that you don't realise that I am saying the same thing as you - there is no conspiracy. BlackBerry has lost ground of its own volition. Through its own missteps. It's not the American market that has caused the troubles, nor the Canadian market, nor anyone other than BlackBerry's lack of marketing, flawed execution, and slow response to the challenge of Apple and Android.

So....are we done now? I am not negative about BlackBerry, I am critical. If I were negative, I would not have bought a Z10 when I sworn off the brand nor would I have followed it up with a Q10 when my Z died. And I am not negative about you, I don't chase you all over the forum quoting your posts. I have stayed away from those who trashed me and insulted me in certain sites and certain forums, because the trouble is not worth it to me. They are irrelevant, the opinions about me of those who insulted me and continue to insult me. Frankly, I find it amusing that one woman they don't know sitting at a computer could get them so worked up.

So....are we done making this thread about me?
    I just think this needs to be read again.
    04-28-14 12:18 PM
    OK, I see we've had a pretty strong discussion about the difference between negativity and criticism. I think many of us realize, and some are angered, others passive about the availability or lack thereof for BlackBerry devices. The thing is, we can really only speculate why this is so. We can criticize, complain, belly ache, moan, and tear out our hair.

I've been to Best Buy Mobile stores before. They carry limited stock, and didn't always have what I was looking for. Just my 2�. To equate this as a business failure, conspiracy, or just overall apathy can all be valid. But we're just guessing. Don't attack each other over it, it hurts your point of view to use it to club others. When all else fails, treat each other respectfully. It's the right thing to do.

With that being said, the discussion has pretty well run its course. Let's learn from this and treat each other as we'd want to be treated.
    04-28-14 12:46 PM
119 ... 345