Thorsten Heins....let me shake your hand. you are really quite the visionary. All the research and development, and total associated costs with the PlayBook upgrade to BB10.....PROMISED ON THE NEWS, and then scrapped.

YOU KILLED THE PLAYBOOK.

Now if we could get the next CEO to realize just how much people still love the playbook, and want BB10 on it and how much BlackBerry NEEDS a tablet (with BB10) for those users who desire to see more tablets in the future ( Which is a great thing, in my opinion) , that would make people see that the company is taking WE consumers very seriously.

It would be a small change like this, that would restore some faith to us playbook users, and it would show everyone that the trend of lies and broken promises is over.

It is with a deed like bringing BB10 to playbook, by a new CEO, that he would show us it can be done, and that BlackBerry seriously does care for you....the customer.

I think then, it would really untarnish BlackBerry 's reputation once and for all, and show the public they're back....and serious as ever.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    10-04-13 06:53 AM
    We need a CEO that will do something like that for everyone....not just fill his pockets. there has to be a sincere and genuine caring for the company and it's user base.

If a new CEO Could pull off an upgrade to BB10 on playbook, the demand for a BlackBerry tablet would no doubt increase ten fold.

We simply have a desire for it on our tablets. If a new CEO could deliver to us that in true form, it would make the company money, by changing the minds and opinions of so many.

BlackBerry....wake the hell up! There are lots of playbooks out there. Lots more people who sat back waiting ( and still have a glimmer of hope) are still waiting for BB10 to hopefully be a topic for the next CEO, and to be taken seriously.

The company does in fact have their name brand on the tablet. The new CEO should see that we playbook users are still a priority, and ADDRESS THIS WITH BB10!

We tablet users matter a lot too!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:04 AM
    ME for next CEO!
    10-05-13 10:21 AM
    Somehow they need to find a person who has had success in the past. It's going to be hard to find anyone who would take this extreme challenge on if BlackBerry stays around. I can see why many are upset with Heins and understand he needs to move on. It could not have been easy to take over a company with the worst public/press perception around though . When you really think about it, BlackBerry should be proud of what they accomplished in so little time with bb10. Yes, some moves proved to be disastrous, but they still have an operating system that could improve emensly with time. If they do ever turn this around, it would be one of the biggest come backs in technology history. No harm in wishful thinking right?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:05 PM
    Alan Mulally was the best idea so far to become Blackberry's CEO he single handedly (making my own words, I know) saved Ford. Thank you Thunderbuck for that idea, would have never thought of it.
    10-08-13 07:41 PM
    Definitely not, he has had his time as CEO. Also I don't think he could take the product where it needs to go
    He would drive his views more than customer needs and wants. New CEO should be an outsider,who understands the importance of delivery, market intelligence, customers, marketing etc....

An outsider for sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:19 PM
    I vote for John Scully as CEO (with Dan Dodge as CTO).

And merge the cream of the BBOS and BB10 teams...
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:19 PM
    No, Mike was a great engineer but lousy CEO. It would be like getting Wozniak to run Apple.
    Are you saying great engineers make crap CEO's? Oh, nevermind... lol
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:22 PM
    I thought Mike was opposed to BB10. So if you want them to can the new OS and phones. . .

Posted via CB10
    Mike wasn't opposed to BB10 per say; he was opposed to x-platform BBM, touch screen phones and BlackBerries running Android as their OS. He didn't 'get it'.

As for Jim, wasn't he the guy responsible for treating BlackBerry like his personal bank?
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:24 PM
    Alec Saunders would be my first choice, he's sharp, articulate but most of all he has that entrepreneurship mind that Lazaridis and Heins lacks to go forward, he's not afraid to take risks and he's the one responsible to move developers interest in the platform.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously??
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:24 PM
    What makes you think he doesn't understand that? His point seemed to be that the Z10 would be just another full touchscreen in a sea of them and that waiting so long with the Q10 would be a mistake. I seem to recall that most people on here thought the huge delay before the Q10 was released was a mistake.

Not saying he'd be the best choice to be CEO again, but he's not stupid.

Posted via CB10
    I think Mike was on the right track with touch-screen phones NOT being different.

When I've spoken to people who waited for the Q10, they're said that BlackBerry should have released the Q10 first.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:29 PM
    I think Mike was on the right track with touch-screen phones NOT being different.

When I've spoken to people who waited for the Q10, they're said that BlackBerry should have released the Q10 first.
    I know a lot of people who agree with you there. A side point is the question I get asked the most when I pull out my Z10 is, "Is that an iPhone?" People get the idea that it's different but don't see it as a BlackBerry. BlackBerrys have keyboards.
    10-08-13 09:33 PM
    I think Mike L should have a role in the "new" BlackBerry, for sure, but not as CEO.

They need a seriously customer-focused CEO. Mulally would be a dream, but apparently he's on the shortlist to replace Ballmer at Microsoft (figures).
    Mulally would be the best choice for BlackBerry CEO. If offered the role, would he take it?
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:34 PM
63 123