Ha ha ha ha ha

What foolish prejudice you have. Good for you anyway just keep doing double work then. Enjoy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I normally don't say this but I would have to agree with JeepBB. Do some research on MLM, the vast majority of people involved are not profitable. Every MLM uses the exact same tactics (perfected by one of the first and biggest - Amway) to sell people dreams and empty promises. The numbers are all there and it's a fact, most people will not make money and "quit their job" in 6 months or whatever spin they give.

Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    10-19-16 09:19 AM
    Chen did try to advocate for this. No one listened.

One reason my company didn't listen is because 99.5% of our users who have smartphones can easily download our apps from Play or the AppStore. There is no problem there for which we need a solution. BlackBerry might have had a problem, but we as developers didn't and don't. Our apps work just fine for our users.

Our job as a company is not to worry about BlackBerry. Our job is to cater to what our own users want and need.

Also, those same users have access to our HTML5 mobile site. For the most part they don't care for that, they strongly prefer the app. Performance, fluidity do matter even for non-games. And our designers have much, much more freedom in native apps than they do in HTML.

This isn't 2010 when it was taught that there might be five or six mobile platforms that developer would have to deal with not to mention the other appliances like Blue-ray and Smart TVs, and HTML5 was seen as the solution for developers. It's 2016 and there are only two mobile platforms that cover 98% of the mobile market and a big part of the appliance market.

I can't think of one company that has dropped their device app in favor of a mobile shortcut to a web app (sure there might be some, just don't know). But more and more I see business moving to device apps as a way to "lock-in" their engagement with customers.

The strangest trend that I have noticed... it seems many build with a focus on iOS and then port their apps to Android. Which seems backwards based on Android's marketshare...
    10-19-16 09:38 AM
    I normally don't say this but I would have to agree with JeepBB. Do some research on MLM, the vast majority of people involved are not profitable. Every MLM uses the exact same tactics (perfected by one of the first and biggest - Amway) to sell people dreams and empty promises. The numbers are all there and it's a fact, most people will not make money and "quit their job" in 6 months or whatever spin they give.

Sorry I was not referring to MLM. I was just referring to having to develop a an app for Android, iOS and another web version.

Since the developer has to develop for the web why not just do the job one time and make it compatible with mobile devices then you don't have to develop apps for both Android and iOS separately thus doing double work.

10-19-16 11:35 AM
    Sorry I was not referring to MLM. I was just referring to having to develop a an app for Android, iOS and another web version.

Since the developer has to develop for the web why not just do the job one time and make it compatible with mobile devices then you don't have to develop apps for both Android and iOS separately thus doing double work.

Ahh okay i misunderstood. I take back agreeing with jeepBB .

JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    10-19-16 12:20 PM
    Ahh okay i misunderstood. I take back agreeing with jeepBB .
    Thanks Ray!

It's been one of those days for me... and that provoked a genuine belly-laugh and brought a smile to my face!
    10-19-16 01:26 PM
    Twitter has triple the market cap of BlackBerry.

Might as well ask them to acquire Apple.
    Yes shoot for the Galaxies. Shooting for the stars is not big enough a goal.
    10-19-16 01:34 PM
    Thanks Ray!

It's been one of those days for me... and that provoked a genuine belly-laugh and brought a smile to my face!
    Lol glad I could help out.

JeepBB likes this.
    10-19-16 02:31 PM
    That's my plan for when CrackBerry is no longer relevant.
    Wait.... I haven't been here for a few years..... Crackberry is still relevant ?? Really ?? I half expected the site to be gone as I was typing in the URL
    10-19-16 10:56 PM
    We do make a mobile website. And then we also make apps for Android and iOS. Then we watch our users, who have free access to both, download the apps and have higher transaction rates on the apps, higher (more frequent) engagement, higher satisfaction scores, lower fraud risk and higher overall NPS.

We will always do extra work and invest additional money if our data shows it leads directly to more engaged, safer, and happier customers. We're a business, and that's our job, and that's how we get paid.

This happens of course because writing real apps is like giving our chefs (developers and designers) in the kitchen real knives and powerful stoves and all the fresh ingredients as Apple and Android roll them out. Making them stick to the subset of HTML5 that actually works in most browsers is like giving them plastic knives from McDonalds and microwaves instead.

We're not the only ones with this experience. Colleagues of ours at FB, Uber, Google, Amazon all report the same thing (remember when FB said a few years ago that they were going HTML? Look how that turned out for them). Colleagues of ours at other banks report the same thing. I have friends at major hotel chains who report the same thing. Mobile websites are less attractive or useful to most users in 2016. The only exception being the tiny, tiny number of people who can't use our apps easily.
    10-19-16 11:45 PM
    The strangest trend that I have noticed... it seems many build with a focus on iOS and then port their apps to Android. Which seems backwards based on Android's marketshare...
    That happens less now than a couple of years ago. One reason I still see this happening where I work is that most of our top product owners and designers still use iPhones themselves so that's their "native" platform when they think of new ideas for our apps. Two, is that our competitors iPhone apps are still much better than their Android apps and so the competition in the AppStore is greater still. Three is that although a majority of our users are on Android, the vast majority of our highest value customers (high transaction, deposit and/or highest credit score) are on iPhone.

The third seems to be common for companies that have high end brands. I had a good discussion recently with the head of mobile of a major hotel chain that has a super luxury brand all the way down to budget brands. They still see very high iPhone usage among their luxury brand customers. We basically see the same thing in our own data.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and TGR1 like this.
    10-19-16 11:56 PM
    The third seems to be common for companies that have high end brands. I had a good discussion recently with the head of mobile of a major hotel chain that has a super luxury brand all the way down to budget brands. They still see very high iPhone usage among their luxury brand customers. We basically see the same thing in our own data.
    I work for an Audio/Video company, which, as you would imagine, means that a great deal of our customers are wealthy - because they're the ones who can afford to put 21 zones of audio, 12 TVs, 7 WiFi access points, and full automation into their homes. The vast majority of those customers have iPhones, iPads, and Macs.

As I've said, I'm not an Apple fan at all - they irritate me - but for this class of customer, who wants to have to think about how to do something as little as possible (they want everything to "just work") and who expect a VERY high level of customer service (like they get in an Apple Store if they bring in a broken device), Apple products are the ideal fit. It doesn't hurt that they are flagship-level devices with what is generally considered to be a beautiful, minimalist design, and are still seen as "a product that only the wealthy can afford" (even though there is plenty of evidence to the contrary in every elementary school).

I am typing this from a ski lodge near Lake Tahoe (owned by one of our Bay Area customers) where we are finishing up a fully automated audio/video system, data network, and security cameras. A group of high-end commercial real estate brokers will be showing up this evening to spend a weekend at the lodge - these are people who sell skyscrapers and office parks, which means REAL money. You can safely bet that 80% of them will bring an iPhone with them.

Even as an Android guy, I have to give Apple respect.
    10-20-16 09:55 AM
    I work for an Audio/Video company, which, as you would imagine, means that a great deal of our customers are wealthy - because they're the ones who can afford to put 21 zones of audio, 12 TVs, 7 WiFi access points, and full automation into their homes. The vast majority of those customers have iPhones, iPads, and Macs.

As I've said, I'm not an Apple fan at all - they irritate me - but for this class of customer, who wants to have to think about how to do something as little as possible (they want everything to "just work") and who expect a VERY high level of customer service (like they get in an Apple Store if they bring in a broken device), Apple products are the ideal fit. It doesn't hurt that they are flagship-level devices with what is generally considered to be a beautiful, minimalist design, and are still seen as "a product that only the wealthy can afford" (even though there is plenty of evidence to the contrary in every elementary school).

I am typing this from a ski lodge near Lake Tahoe (owned by one of our Bay Area customers) where we are finishing up a fully automated audio/video system, data network, and security cameras. A group of high-end commercial real estate brokers will be showing up this evening to spend a weekend at the lodge - these are people who sell skyscrapers and office parks, which means REAL money. You can safely bet that 80% of them will bring an iPhone with them.

Even as an Android guy, I have to give Apple respect.
    Your point is well taken, Apple made the choice long ago to be the "it" company. It did this with superior customer support and being the leader in its field. Quality never needs a shill, it will sell itself.
    JeepBB and MikeX74 like this.
    10-21-16 06:56 PM
    Your point is well taken, Apple made the choice long ago to be the "it" company. It did this with superior customer support and being the leader in its field. Quality never needs a shill, it will sell itself.
    But apple is becoming a little boring. If they don't surprise next year they will be more like Toyota. Quality products but a little boring.
    10-23-16 06:41 AM
    Well, if you wanted to see Twitter die off completely then yes.

Anything BlackBerry touches slowly withers away and dies.
    10-23-16 07:01 AM
    Well, if you wanted to see Twitter die off completely then yes.

Anything BlackBerry touches slowly withers away and dies.
    I kinda agree. The main reason is also as long as there is a word BlackBerry associated with it that thing or company is already bankrupt. Nobody will want to be associated with it or use it's products or services. It has a very negative social stigma.
    10-23-16 09:40 AM
    But apple is becoming a little boring. If they don't surprise next year they will be more like Toyota. Quality products but a little boring.
    The world likes boring.

The markets like boring old Apple, because they predictably sell an enormous quantity of phones every year, bring home monster revenues and are boringly profitable.

Consumers like boring old Apple, because every new iPhone brings a boringly incremental evolution of what they already know, and are familiar with, in a boringly reassuring quality package.

There's a lot to be said for being boring.
    10-23-16 10:41 AM
    True but most companies would love to be in that position.........
    11-01-16 06:00 PM
    Well we saw how BlackBerry and Nokia fell. There is no law that will protect Apple also. Overconfidence is a curse.
    11-02-16 02:02 AM
    Well we saw how BlackBerry and Nokia fell. There is no law that will protect Apple also. Overconfidence is a curse.
    No law. Just large amounts of money that Nokia and BlackBerry never dreamed of.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-16 02:11 AM
    No law. Just large amounts of money that Nokia and BlackBerry never dreamed of.
    Nokia had that much of money Apple never dreamt of back then. Things change. Time will tell. Smartphone future is fading, tablets are dying year over year and seems like Microsoft is seriously making a leap towards pcs. This is just my opinion but if true Apple Car will be the BB10 of Apple.
    Last edited by ardakca; 11-02-16 at 02:34 AM.
    11-02-16 02:23 AM
    Nokia had that much of money Apple never dreamt of back then.
    Nokia had way more than 200 billion +$ tucked in their pockets? Not market evaluation but actual filthy lucre? You are aware just how much money and equivalents Apple has?

And, yes, I am aware they are carrying substantial debt but since they are also currently garnering 100 million in revenue daily I don't think they are stretched yet.
    11-02-16 08:38 AM
    Nokia had way more than 200 billion +$ tucked in their pockets? Not market evaluation but actual filthy lucre? You are aware just how much money and equivalents Apple has?

And, yes, I am aware they are carrying substantial debt but since they are also currently garnering 100 million in revenue daily I don't think they are stretched yet.
    Did I say anything about the amount of money Nokia or Apple has? I said Nokia had a lot of money Apple never dreamt of back then. Not so hard. Apple today has so much money they never dreamt of )).

Toyota has much more money than Porsche (don't add VW group) but porsche is better. I don't see the point.
    11-02-16 11:16 AM
    Did I say anything about the amount of money Nokia or Apple has? I said Nokia had a lot of money Apple never dreamt of back then. Not so hard. Apple today has so much money they never dreamt of )).

Toyota has much more money than Porsche (don't add VW group) but porsche is better. I don't see the point.
    I am not sure what you are saying and frankly I don't think you are either. That's cool.
    11-02-16 12:24 PM
    I am not sure what you are saying and frankly I don't think you are either. That's cool.
    Tell me the part you don't understand and I will gladly help. You are telling me Apple has way more money than Nokia which is fair. I am telling you Nokia was the king back then but now nowhere to be seen in the handset business. Having a lot of money won't be able to save Apple if the boring overconfident attitude don't change. That's all.
    11-02-16 12:57 PM
    Same can be said of BB products which doomed them.
    ardakca likes this.
    11-02-16 07:12 PM
84 1234