Hi All,

I'm not sure if they're doing this, but I'd like to see BBRY aggressively strengthen their partnerships with Accenture, CSC, Deloitte, E&Y, IBM, etc. to ensure BBRY solutions are top of mind as viable solutions in the mobility space. Fortune 500 companies (and larger enterprises around the world) are trying to establish & strengthen their mobile strategies, often with their consultants and strategic partners.

BBRY needs their value proposition to be understood by these companies' sales & technical teams, resulting in 10's of thousands of professionals in the field talking about BBRY in a positive way to CIO's and business executives. It is the ultimate leverage model. Right now, I believe, BBRY is not even part of many of those conversations, making it much more difficult to grow the business. A BBRY sales team will help; however, direct sales to end companies, while important, has much less leverage (i.e., certainly appropriate for strategic prospects and accounts).

Just my thoughts I had today based on some things I've seen in the business world this week. Good luck Chen!
    James Nieves likes this.
    02-21-14 08:17 AM
    Sure sounds like a good idea.

We may see something like that soon. They are doing some risk mitigation so this could be a possible next step.
    02-27-14 12:20 PM
    Top 5 sellers in mobile are all in consumer market. Consumer market is worth hundreds of billions. How you cant get it that straight to corporate approach doesn't work anymore. Apple killed it. Consumer services are more lucrative than corporate. End of story.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 01:40 PM
    I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you referring to the device business? My original post is about mobility, more broadly, and specifically in the corporate/government space. While the consumer market is large, that's not BlackBerry's current focus. I believe that the other market is plenty large enough for them (for now).

Please let me know if I've misunderstood.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    02-28-14 06:08 PM
    I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you referring to the device business? My original post is about mobility, more broadly, and specifically in the corporate/government space. While the consumer market is large, that's not BlackBerry's current focus. I believe that the other market is plenty large enough for them (for now).

Please let me know if I've misunderstood.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    I think the enterprise market is being overtaken by the consumer market. I used to work for a large international engineering company, we had blackberries. One of the executives always used to say he did't want to be in the phone business, meaning the resources spent managing the blackberry servers, and supporting devices. They went BYOD giving employees a monthly stipend for using their own phone. They simply give users the information to connect to their exchange server.
    02-28-14 06:50 PM
    I think the enterprise market is being overtaken by the consumer market. I used to work for a large international engineering company, we had blackberries. One of the executives always used to say he did't want to be in the phone business, meaning the resources spent managing the blackberry servers, and supporting devices. They went BYOD giving employees a monthly stipend for using their own phone. They simply give users the information to connect to their exchange server.
    Some markets won't go BYOD, government being the biggest. But I don't see how focusing on this market will generate sales beyond that market. So many people in the government using the phones hate them, and then when it is time to go out and buy a personal device or recommend one they won't be buying or recommending a BlackBerry based on this.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:35 AM
    ^^ This!!
    While ago, BlackBerry had some aura of prestige, so people that had been forced to use them at least had some satisfaction.

Anyway, its ok to rally corporate bigshots behind BBRY, but in general, there is not enough corporate market left for mobile company betting only on security. Simply, times had changed, enterprise is not a golden milkcow willing to be molested indefinitly.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 01:56 PM
    ^^ This!!
    While ago, BlackBerry had some aura of prestige, so people that had been forced to use them at least had some satisfaction.

Anyway, its ok to rally corporate bigshots behind BBRY, but in general, there is not enough corporate market left for mobile company betting only on security. Simply, times had changed, enterprise is not a golden milkcow willing to be molested indefinitly.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, can not rely on Enterprise, can not rely on Carrier stores - what is left - Direct sales ?
    03-01-14 04:04 PM
    I think their other businesses beyond devices can be strong in enterprise. Not all companies need to be b2c to be successful. Agreed, security alone doesn't offer a strong enough value prop for everyone; however, if they can also provide platform flexibility, enable workforce efficiency, robust collaboration, improved end customer engagement, IT cost savings, etc. The story becomes much more compelling. Time will tell, but I'm long BBRY and hoping they will execute.

03-01-14 04:39 PM
    Some markets won't go BYOD, government being the biggest. But I don't see how focusing on this market will generate sales beyond that market.....

Posted via CB10
    It probably can't in the short term (the Foxconn partnership and xBBM offer some diversity). However, to generate sales outside of the market, the products they do sell need to be quality and well received. Then they need to improve their brand image. If they execute on the first two, they should be able to expand beyond this niche. We'll see

03-01-14 04:47 PM
    It appears that BlackBerry likely has so much inventory that will be offering heavily discounted phones as an incentive for signing up for BES.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-01-14 05:23 PM
    It appears that BlackBerry likely has so much inventory that will be offering heavily discounted phones as an incentive for signing up for BES.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    That would be a good start.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:00 PM