Let's assume as per all the rumours that both the Visa and full touch are going to be released this year.
    Which one should be released first?

I think the full touch should be released first. There are far less users waiting for a sliding keyboard device and if JC keeps full touch users waiting even longer, then some current BB users may jump ship and purchase the new HTC M9, Galaxy S6, Sony Z4, or other 2015 phone that'll be released at MWC.
    02-13-15 04:19 PM
    if the full touch is the Z3 upgrade....it won't matter.
    I don't want a kb, I don't want a slider. If the full touch is just a step above the Z3, i am off to one of those other phones you mentioned. Unfortunately. I will use my Z30 till it dies and then goodbye.

Let's hope the all touch FLAGSHIP device like a Z50 comes out!
    02-13-15 04:34 PM
    I don't want a kb, I don't want a slider. If the full touch is just a step above the Z3, i am off to one of those other phones you mentioned. Unfortunately. I will use my Z30 till it dies and then goodbye.

+1

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-13-15 04:37 PM

As I see it, the Visa would be the "all-touch" upgrade you (and I) are looking for. Tucked away, only a single row of convenience keys would be left that could double as a trackpad. It takes up no more room than the black "BlackBerry" band above the silver band on the Z30, and it appears it will not be any thicker either. I see no downside.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-13-15 04:49 PM
    Rio will be next.

Not sure what's coming after that.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    02-13-15 04:51 PM
    Who says the Visa and its companion full-touch won't be released at the same time?
    02-13-15 07:58 PM
    I think it would be a good business decision to release the slider to try and make both type of consumers happy. The ones who want a new touch and the ones who want a new keyboard will be at least partially satisfied. You will also bring on new adopters for a new type of phone or anyone who liked the torch.
    02-13-15 08:06 PM

I completely agree with this.

Here are my dream specs:
    -better battery life than the Passport (important! Because of the bigger screen)
    -screen size the same or even just slightly longer than the z30
    -nice look (the z30 looks horrible to say the least. This needs to be changed)
    -13-16mp camera with OIS. The camera should be as good as the iPhone's camera hardware-wise
    -3Gb of ram
    -32Gb SSD
    -same/better processor than passport
    -really smooth screen. (feel the screen on an iPhone. It's softer and more solid than the Z30's. It also needs to be a lot brighter)

This needs to come out during summer

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 08:12 PM
    -really smooth screen. (feel the screen on an iPhone. It's softer and more solid than the Z30's. It also needs to be a lot brighter)

Posted via CB10
    ... if it's still intact! :-D

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-15-15 01:59 AM
    Go Slider/Hider first. It's a unique device and more likely to stir the possums.

I do not quite understand why people (all-touch purists?) don't like it, the extra (always exposed) row might make for some really useful shortcuts. That's what's missing on the Z models, quick access to stuff. Still, if it operates in Z30 mode, there shouldn't be a prob, just an additional half inch or so. All-touch purists, I guess... :-)))

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-15-15 02:04 AM
    I want either a full slider, as in a Torch 9810 replica (but with a nicer Bold 9900 keyboard and leather trim) or they may as well roll out a Z30 upgrade.

I have no use for a gimmick. They already have the passport for people who don't want a full luxurious keyboard.

If you can slide it out for one row you can slide it out for the whole 9 yards.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    02-15-15 04:24 AM
    I have a feeling Rio (full touch) in April and Visa in June. Hope it's the other way around but let's see.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    02-15-15 04:37 AM
    I think they should release an under-powered low spec version of the Torch, not unlike the current Classic. Why invent new when you can pull out old designs from the archives ?

I'll bet they'd sell hundreds of these devices !!
    02-15-15 12:42 PM
    I think they should release an under-powered low spec version of the Torch, not unlike the current Classic. Why invent new when you can pull out old designs from the archives ?

I'll bet they'd sell hundreds of these devices !!
    What is this post supposed to mean? Are you serious, or are you trolling?
    Please explain why your suggestion could make sense.

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    02-17-15 08:22 PM
    What little hope I have in BlackBerry making good competitive phones is almost gone.

Chen is boring.
    Chen has no idea what BYOD.
    Chens financial plans don't add up.
    Chens is slowly turning into the worst thing for BlackBerry.

The silence we now are experiencing with BlackBerry right now is not good.
    A major product launch is under way and this guy is no where to be found.

Sad.
    Pathetic.
    Total waste.

I want a company I can by my next secure phone from.

That doesn't seem to be happening. He has to kiss major backside just to get one or two carriers to sell his outdated and oddball phones.
    The guy doesn't have a creative bone in his body.

Sorry to rant but I'm a about done with Chen.

BlackBerry hates America!
    Doggerz likes this.
    02-18-15 12:36 PM
    What little hope I have in BlackBerry making good competitive phones is almost gone.

Chen is boring.
    Chen has no idea what BYOD.
    Chens financial plans don't add up.
    Chens is slowly turning into the worst thing for BlackBerry.

The silence we now are experiencing with BlackBerry right now is not good.
    A major product launch is under way and this guy is no where to be found.

Sad.
    Pathetic.
    Total waste.

I want a company I can by my next secure phone from.

That doesn't seem to be happening. He has to kiss major backside just to get one or two carriers to sell his outdated and oddball phones.
    The guy doesn't have a creative bone in his body.

Sorry to rant but I'm a about done with Chen.

BlackBerry hates America!
    He started off well but that trend seems to be disappearing

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 02:27 PM
    He road the coattails of TH. Not a fan of TH but the PlayBook, Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Z3 and passport were all his. Chen hasn't done much except release the classic.

BlackBerry needs to design 3 lines of phones and release them/upgrade them once a year. Just like Apple or Samsung. They need to be like clockwork.

If they'd release a well designed slider they'd sell. Or else there wouldn't be a demand for the Typo. People would love an optional keyboard. What they need to do is release an upgraded Torch with a Bold 9900 keyboard on it.

I'm going to use my Z30 until it dies. And then I guess I'll be forced to go to the best quality android I can find at the time. It almost doesn't matter if BlackBerry goes out of business if they don't step it up.

They should go all in and try to do something and go out in a flaming ball of glory rather than with a whimper.

I'd like to see a CEO like John Legere. Someone who shakes things up and gets people excited.

jaydee5799 and kdklein like this.
    02-18-15 03:26 PM
    He road the coattails of TH. Not a fan of TH but the PlayBook, Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Z3 and passport were all his. Chen hasn't done much except release the classic.

BlackBerry needs to design 3 lines of phones and release them/upgrade them once a year. Just like Apple or Samsung. They need to be like clockwork.

If they'd release a well designed slider they'd sell. Or else there wouldn't be a demand for the Typo. People would love an optional keyboard. What they need to do is release an upgraded Torch with a Bold 9900 keyboard on it.

I'm going to use my Z30 until it dies. And then I guess I'll be forced to go to the best quality android I can find at the time. It almost doesn't matter if BlackBerry goes out of business if they don't step it up.

They should go all in and try to do something and go out in a flaming ball of glory rather than with a whimper.

I'd like to see a CEO like John Legere. Someone who shakes things up and gets people excited.

I agree. Here's what I think they should do:
    -release a full touch with amazing specs
    -release a slider with the same specs as the passport

Then next year, they should release:
    -z3 and/or q5 upgrade
    -full touch upgrade
    -pkb or classic upgrade

And then the following year, release:
    -full touch upgrade (every year like iphones)
    -passport upgrade
    -slider upgrade

---

Basically, I think they should release a full touch screen (with very powerful specs) upgrade. This will compete with all the other phones out there basically.

Then, they should release an upgrade to the Passport and slider every 2 years to keep It fresh. Probably, the classic too.

Finally, they should release a q5 and/or z3 upgrade every 2 or 3 years for students and people in poorer countries (and anyone else who doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a phone). But they should make these low-end phones with slightly better specs to compete with all the other low-end phones

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:38 PM

-z3 and/or q5 upgrade
    -full touch upgrade
    -pkb or classic upgrade

-passport upgrade
    -slider upgrade

---

Basically, I think they should release a full touch screen (with very powerful specs) upgrade. This will compete with all the other phones out there basically.

Then, they should release an upgrade to the Passport and slider every 2 years to keep It fresh. Probably, the classic too.

Finally, they should release a q5 and/or z3 upgrade every 2 or 3 years for students and people in poorer countries (and anyone else who doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a phone). But they should make these low-end phones with slightly better specs to compete with all the other low-end phones

Posted via CB10
    This isn't going to happen. We are lucky if they release TWO new devices in 2015...not the 4-6 you have mentioned. And as far as a single row slideable kb....I DON'T WANT A KEYBOARD. LMAO
    call me a purist or whatever. I don't want even one row of keys. I wanna smooth glass bar of a phone. Is that too much to ask? lol

of course, if all they give me is a single row kb and mostly glass phone....with the superspecs Patrick has mentioned, well then i will give it a try! I don't want to leave BB. Make us a kickazz upgrade to the Z30 PLEASE!
    lnichols and Agustin Aleman like this.
    02-18-15 03:52 PM
    This isn't going to happen. We are lucky if they release TWO new devices in 2015...not the 4-6 you have mentioned. And as far as a single row slideable kb....I DON'T WANT A KEYBOARD. LMAO
    call me a purist or whatever. I don't want even one row of keys. I wanna smooth glass bar of a phone. Is that too much to ask? lol

of course, if all they give me is a single row kb and mostly glass phone....with the superspecs Patrick has mentioned, well then i will give it a try! I don't want to leave BB. Make us a kickazz upgrade to the Z30 PLEASE!
    I actually agree a lot with this. I actually mentioned only 3 devices every year.

And yes, I don't want a slider either but a lot of people do.

In all honestly, all I want as well is an upgrade to the z30. But it needs to have amazing specs. I mean AMAZING!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 04:20 PM

I'm with you. Had too many PKB and Trackpad issues in the past and with my Z30 all I have to worry about is a broken screen, which can happen on PKB devices too. They need a Z30 refresh (possibly with a slightly larger screen and definitely better PPI, and make the existing Z30 your entry all touch device at the $250 to $300 price point it is now, Passport, Classic, and maybe the V device even though I don't want it (I just know those exposed keys and/or mechanism to expose the rest is going to fail or creak, or do something to make the device seem subpar). That would be four devices to cover the larger market (all touch) and niche (PKB and slider). Refresh them yearly at staggered intervals and you have your high end an low end covered. Eventually the Classic FF goes away and you get to 3 devices per year.

I only care about the Z30 refresh, the PKB fans have their devices and poor sales number to go with them even though they all predicted that PKB would send BB10 sales figures soaring!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:30 PM
    How about no weirdness and some extra effort on the full touch, instead?
    lnichols likes this.
    02-18-15 05:45 PM
    Finally people here on Crackberry are thinking this. For a while, people kept saying that they wanted new, innovative devices. As good of an idea that is, we just released the passport.
    So let's focus on the upgraded touch screen device with preferably 5+in

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:53 PM
    Yes now that they have all the pieces in place: BES12 and 10.3.1 and Amazon App store (shaky but better than nothing app store), Actually release a competitive all touch device on the specs front and put a little effort into the marketing!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 06:45 PM

-z3 and/or q5 upgrade
    -full touch upgrade
    -pkb or classic upgrade

-passport upgrade
    -slider upgrade

---

Posted via CB10
    Makes sense to me.

02-18-15 08:14 PM
66 123