The primary issue has been that cash flow is still declining because people are giving up BBOS regardless of reason and the company is losing $60/year per device of service revenue. What has kept Blackberry from going under already has been that revenue stream. The carriers were more than happy to support Apple IOS and Google Android since the carriers were able to keep 100 percent of data revenue instead of giving Blackberry 20-25 percent of monthly revenue. When Palm lost carrier support to competing OS, they went under in 24-36 months depending on how you measure the decline. The service revenue is how come they delayed offering BB10. When you look at how consumers are tied into two primary OS, it's because of either itunes/Apps or it's because of cheapOS/ Apps. With IOS, the access of itunes was more important for consumers than for quick text/email. The itunes component helps pay for design and marketing of the phones etc. The reason so many companies build Android is low OS cost but that's why there are so many companies and even big 3 manufacturers are struggling to make profit with the hardware. Blackberry is trying not to become the next Palm and looking at their future cash flow prospects, they've done well to make it this far. I hope they make it. Give them a break though, if they could afford to make your dream phones and do crazy marketing, they would. Right now they have to focus on hitting singles and getting on base.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 06:25 PM
    4 devices per year.
    Keyboard High End and Low
    Passport / Classic
    Full Touch Same
    Visa / RIO

Posted by Q5
    02-28-15 12:23 AM
    4 devices per year.
    Keyboard High End and Low
    Passport / Classic
    Full Touch Same
    Visa / RIO

Posted by Q5
    How much money do you think BlackBerry has?! :O
    02-28-15 08:15 PM
    We will know in a few hours. I will pick up a full touch if BlackBerry releases a high end device otherwise will just stay with the Passport. But I will kind of be shocked if they do show a high end all touch tomorrow. We'll see soon.

Passport on AT&T
    03-02-15 09:27 PM
    Keyboard fanatics are what brought BBRY down in the first place.... failure to innovate!! It's happening again, low spec devices with keyboards. The. 04% market share is proving this, if they were so great we would be leading.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the new classic but it's just not for me.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say it was the failure of the Z10 to deliver and convince at the time (me-too device?). Had they stuck with KB and released the Q10 first, things might have been different... :-)

(sure, there are more than just one aspect to look at)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-03-15 05:13 PM
    I actually agree a lot with this. I actually mentioned only 3 devices every year.

And yes, I don't want a slider either but a lot of people do.

In all honestly, all I want as well is an upgrade to the z30. But it needs to have amazing specs. I mean AMAZING!

Posted via CB10
    I am right there with you. I love my z30, I just want a new one on the horizon. Let me know it's coming.

They also need to work on the OS, the camera is often slow to open/focus and I miss photo opps a lot.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:54 PM
    Chen knows what he's doing, genius sees what lesser mins can't imagine.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:20 PM
    Chen knows what he's doing, genius sees what lesser mins can't imagine.

Posted via CB10
    You're basing that on what? I love all the blind faith as if he's some sort of savior.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    03-11-15 01:00 PM
    Going with Chens business out look, it's probably going to be an updated Z3. The Z30 will be the last top dog all touch. Most likely some mid tear Kbp, better than the classic but not as high end as the passport.
    The consumers on the site would love a new all touch but we aren't the focused bunch here.

Posted via CB10
    Except that there's no evidence that businesses want PKB devices.

Bbnivende likes this.
    03-11-15 01:01 PM
    No more full screens to be released in 2015, after Leap, all new phones released in 2015 will have PKB.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 07:41 PM
    No more full screens to be released in 2015, after Leap, all new phones released in 2015 will have PKB.

Posted via CB10
    Is that your opinion or do you have an actual source for that information?

03-11-15 10:06 PM
    Is that your opinion or do you have an actual source for that information?

It was an official Chen quote that I read in another forum section here, over by news and rumors and general disscussions.
    03-12-15 04:55 AM
    It was an official Chen quote that I read in another forum section here, over by news and rumors and general disscussions.
    I definitely think that we're not likely to see another full touch, but I certainly haven't read any quote from Chen saying that.

03-12-15 10:59 AM
    I definitely think that we're not likely to see another full touch, but I certainly haven't read any quote from Chen saying that.
    Here is the link / Ignore the top post about all PKB forever, another guys corrects him a few posts down that after Leap, all Phones to have PKN remainer of 2015; http://forums.crackberry.com/general...e-pkb-1004142/
    03-12-15 12:57 PM
    Here is the link / Ignore the top post about all PKB forever, another guys corrects him a few posts down that after Leap, all Phones to have PKN remainer of 2015; http://forums.crackberry.com/general...e-pkb-1004142/
    Thanks for the link. I hadn't heard that.

Guess I will be switching platforms when my contract expires. If Chen isn't going to release an update to the Z10 this year, which will be almost 3 years, then he never is.

03-12-15 09:38 PM
    There will be a kick *** upgrade for z30. Maybe holiday time or fist quarter. Just not now.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    03-13-15 07:40 AM
66 123