I dont know what the mission that given by the fail CEO TH to Indonesian BB office... but so far they have been "successful" at marketing and nurturing the BB community in Indonesia:
    - people still think BB image as stupid, slow and hangg!! due too the uber fail of BB7
    - due to factor number 1 of course selling are totally lagging
    - the marketing team seems like done a GREAT job to do nothing on it, in terms of communication to the market
    - 10.2 officially hasn't been rolled out by the largest operator in Indonesia TELKOMSEL (125 million customer!!!! dont know how much is BB user though).. which is weird... isnt u guys supposedly be able to lobby or push this roll out ??
    - which leave the feeling that the BB10 community is neglected here.. by the Blackberry as the corporate
    - and you wish the selling of your phone to be picking up by this kind of activity ? keep on dreaming (until u guys crash and burn of course) Blackberry
    - dont know whether the BB Indonesia team is totally potato, or the global BB give a strict direction in terms of communication and marketing thus hampering the way it communicate in Indonesia (have been working in MNC before.. and saw firsthand how the egomaniac HQ self proclaimed geniusess thinks they know it all and dictate idiotic communication language that is useless and just a waste of money)

just my 2 cents
    12-04-13 08:01 AM
    Well, your 2 cents are as good as anyone's I guess.

But if you're seeing any kind of marketing, then you're probably quite lucky. I know in the UK, BlackBerry has (probably) better marketing than anywhere else in Europe. I haven't seen ANY kind of marketing from BlackBerry in France for several months.

As you may know, the Chief Marketing Officer for BlackBerry has recently been fired, we can only hope for better direction in the future.

Si.
    12-04-13 09:18 AM
    Thats interesting to hear... in Canada, i almost never see any BB advertising... apart from when a BBM update hijacks my status message lol

Well, your 2 cents are as good as anyone's I guess.

But if you're seeing any kind of marketing, then you're probably quite lucky. I know in the UK, BlackBerry has (probably) better marketing than anywhere else in Europe. I haven't seen ANY kind of marketing from BlackBerry in France for several months.

As you may know, the Chief Marketing Officer for BlackBerry has recently been fired, we can only hope for better direction in the future.

Si.
    12-04-13 11:02 AM
    i see BB commercials all the time in Canada. oh and you're in Indonesia? Id like you to go visiting the pin spammer for me. apparently he has a car with my name on it. you can go claim it for me.
    12-04-13 11:06 AM
    Nice! Where? On TV or?

i see BB commercials all the time in Canada. oh and you're in Indonesia? Id like you to go visiting the pin spammer for me. apparently he has a car with my name on it. you can go claim it for me.
    12-04-13 11:50 AM
    Also in UK not any more TV spots

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 08:09 AM
    Wow for some un godly reason.. I just got notification about 10.2 update.. either my rant was heard or just planned as schedule lol... Thx I guess

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 05:46 AM
    No doubt it was your comment referring to the BB Indonesian team as potato (heads) that likely challenged them to show that they had some meat to go with their otherwise vegetable performance.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 06:18 PM
    Your post made me laugh. You are right but it was funny. The sarcasm came through clearly. Yes they are potatoes. Hope to see more changes soon and I'm glad you finally got 10.2.
    12-07-13 07:20 PM