With QNX getting alot of visibility via the infotainment consoles in cars, I think that the deal with auto maker must include prominent branding of the BBRY/QNX logo. When companies like Ford start putting Sync 3 in their cars, you need to BBRY/QNX logo to be prominent. When people see what Blackberry is up to, they might show more interest in the phones. Cross marketting should be a huge area to look at within blackberry elsewhere but this seems like a home run if done right. If not done right, it's striking out while looking.
    Last edited by kfh227; 01-13-15 at 08:48 AM.
    MTL likes this.
    01-12-15 10:52 PM
    I think the status quo is okay.
    Let QNX be the backbone of BlackBerry 10 and still run its own race, just like BBM needs to run its own race more or less.
    QNX has done well thus far.
    It is entirely up to BlackBerry (devices; as this is the most volatile business area for the group) to find ways to dig itself out of this quagmire.
    As more people realise BlackBerry devices are not going anywhere and BlackBerry work at it more, they will find their place.
    01-13-15 02:18 AM
    With QNX getting alot of visibility via the infotainment consoles in cars, I think that hte deal with auto maker must include prominent branding of the BBRY/QNX logo. When companies like Ford start putting Sync 3 in their cars, you need to BBRY/QNX logo to be prominent. When people see what Blackberry is up to, they might show more interest in the phones. Cross marketting should be a huge area to look at within blackberry elsewhere but this seems like a home run if done right. If not done right, it's striking out while looking.
    I think the status quo is okay.
    Let QNX be the backbone of BlackBerry 10 and still run its own race, just like BBM needs to run its own race more or less.
    QNX has done well thus far.
    It is entirely up to BlackBerry (devices; as this is the most volatile business area for the group) to find ways to dig itself out of this quagmire.
    As more people realise BlackBerry devices are not going anywhere and BlackBerry work at it more, they will find their place.

Interesting points. I think the truth is somewhere in between, a bit more cross-marketing wouldn't hurt, but but they should not to overdo it - also it needs to be timed properly.

What they need to avoid in any case is damaging the QNX brand in any way.

Yes, BlackBerry is here to stay and more and more people are realising...

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-13-15 02:28 AM
    Has anyone noticed that the QNX logo actually shows the play symbol (play, pause, fast forward and rewind symbols anyone?) between N and X.
    I think this could be made more famous.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:09 AM
    With QNX getting alot of visibility via the infotainment consoles in cars, I think that hte deal with auto maker must include prominent branding of the BBRY/QNX logo. When companies like Ford start putting Sync 3 in their cars, you need to BBRY/QNX logo to be prominent. When people see what Blackberry is up to, they might show more interest in the phones. Cross marketting should be a huge area to look at within blackberry elsewhere but this seems like a home run if done right. If not done right, it's striking out while looking.
    While putting QNX front and center is best, I'm not sure if Blackberry has the leverage to force carmakers to add QNX branding on to vehicles. The licensing fee is very low so this gives you an idea of how much influence/value QNX has to them.

Crackberry has a bad habit of making QNX out to be a LOT more important than it really is. Probably the most hyped Blackberry product ever even considering pre-launch BB10 due to widespread gross misunderstanding of the purpose of QNX and what it is.
    Troy Tiscareno and asherN like this.
    01-13-15 03:20 AM