In my view Blackberry Should make more tablets. The Playbook was a poorly executed product, but it achieved somewhat high market share and sales. Tablets get people to use a platform who wouldn't necessarily want a phone. I myself currently own no smartphone and use a tablet feature phone combo. Non phone devices make a large portion of Android's user base. In my view if they are to make a tablet again they need to do several things differently. Make sure the software out of the gate is feature complete. Better prices, the Playbook was 500 dollars out of the gate which is more than most can afford for such a device. By the time the HTC Flyer fell to 300 dollars, the Playbook was still 500 dollars which was a deciding factor for my purchase. Better pricing would be 300 - 500 dollars, depending on configuration. The Playbook was also not that feature rich, it didn't have an SD card slot or a stylus. In my future Playbook devices should have stylus input of some sort as this is popular feature on Samsung, Microsoft, and Asus tablets. Stylus input has become easier to implement with many companies producing digitizers at various screen sizes such as Wacom, Morgan Touch, Synatik, N-trig and various others. Precise Stylus input can be implemented with more advanced capacitive touchscreens that allow stylus input from non skin objects.Stylus input would attract business users and would attract artist people like myself. Definitely include an SD card slot, all of Blackberry's phones include a card slot why not the tablet? An IR blaster would be nice too, Blackberry should also add that feature to their phones. Finally Blackberry Playbooks should come in a full range of sizes because not everyone wants the same size. A 6" tablet to compete with the iPod Touch, Sony Walkman, 6" Kindle Fire, and the various generic Chinese Android media players/handheld game consoles, A 7" tablet, a 8" and a 10.1" .
    12-12-14 03:55 PM
    If they made a very inexpensive tablet I might consider it. I was a week one BlackBerry PlayBook (aka BB10 alpha tester) and after spending $700 (+ another $130 on extended warranty directly from BlackBerry because they were going to be providing so much more functionality and eventually the phone OS), I wouldn't be willing to drop much on another tablet from BlackBerry since I have been burnt once on it, and I bet many others would feel the same. I only have a Z30 now because of the sale (love it, but not worth the $449 non sale price). They should leverage the partnership with Amazon to buy Kindle Fire hardware and load BB10 on it and sell it through them and at similar pricing.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:27 AM
    If they made a very inexpensive tablet I might consider it. I was a week one BlackBerry PlayBook (aka BB10 alpha tester) and after spending $700 (+ another $130 on extended warranty directly from BlackBerry because they were going to be providing so much more functionality and eventually the phone OS), I wouldn't be willing to drop much on another tablet from BlackBerry since I have been burnt once on it, and I bet many others would feel the same. I only have a Z30 now because of the sale (love it, but not worth the $449 non sale price). They should leverage the partnership with Amazon to buy Kindle Fire hardware and load BB10 on it and sell it through them and at similar pricing.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^ This!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 01:47 PM
    I think they should to....but only to meet a Corporate need and partner with a hardware maker.

Look at the tablet market now !

It's a total gong show with everyone trying to produce the cheapest device with the highest specs. If you're a PC/Laptop maker then, knock yourself out. I think Blackberry would be wise to rebrand and re-skin a current device, if they really require a application delivery platform.

Designing and building another new tablet is simply a waste of resources and completely unnecessary given the number of devices on the market today.
    12-15-14 03:06 PM
    I don't want to argue the enterprise vs consumer but I think any tablet needs to have enough ability to satisfy consumer needs. I think sales will be limited to mass corporate sales (ie 500 to a hospital)
    I, and many I know need a device i can let the kids play Barbie on and bbm chat/ video chat with their friends.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    12-15-14 08:11 PM