https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...or-touchscreen

BlackBerry revolutionised and is still revolutionary when it comes to physical keyboards, their touch screen keyboards are good (if not the best compared to other platforms) but as BlackBerry themselves have said.. good is not good enough!

Why not buy this company, integrate their keyboard with BB10 and release it with the 'Z50' and possibly with a software update to older phones too. This would make this 'beast' phone stand out even more at launch..

I would have it come as standard with the option to go back to the older keyboard , and still have the swipe functionality

I would note one error in their ks page, the current layout at least on my BlackBerry allows for 5 connections not four because of the way the top row os arranged, but the way they've organised letters by most common use (which I would assume alters by language) is interesting..

Check Out TechCraze
    07-14-14 04:11 AM
    Interesting idea, but right now it's a fantasy keyboard for a fantasy phone is the only reason I can say why. It's an idea, and still some time before it can even be used, because the language isn't even written, yet.
    07-14-14 06:14 AM
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...or-touchscreen

BlackBerry revolutionised and is still revolutionary when it comes to physical keyboards, their touch screen keyboards are good (if not the best compared to other platforms) but as BlackBerry themselves have said.. good is not good enough!

Why not buy this company, integrate their keyboard with BB10 and release it with the 'Z50' and possibly with a software update to older phones too. This would make this 'beast' phone stand out even more at launch..

I would have it come as standard with the option to go back to the older keyboard , and still have the swipe functionality

I would note one error in their ks page, the current layout at least on my BlackBerry allows for 5 connections not four because of the way the top row os arranged, but the way they've organised letters by most common use (which I would assume alters by language) is interesting..

Check Out TechCraze
    this would be the same success and easy to adapt as to these phones:
    Nokia 3650 - Full phone specifications
    Nokia 7600 - Full phone specifications
    or
    Nokia 7280 - Full phone specifications
    07-14-14 06:52 AM
    I think that's more relevant to the Passport maybe, this is a completely software program, and as stated in the OP, there would be an option to use the traditional one.. something that wouldn't be possible with the hardware you've shown above

Check Out TechCraze
    07-14-14 06:57 AM
    Interesting idea, but right now it's a fantasy keyboard for a fantasy phone is the only reason I can say why. It's an idea, and still some time before it can even be used, because the language isn't even written, yet.
    There's actually a beta version out on the Google Play store. Anyone with an Android phone wanting to test this?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.keybee&hl=it

While ghost company takeovers aren't something I usually look for or am particularly positive about, this might just be a smart move.
    BlackBerry has always and still is associated with keyboards. Buying and patenting this particular design will give them one more bullet in their gun.
    That being said, I'm a strong advocate to have the BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard on iOS and Android devices. Aside from the increased revenue stream, it will give BlackBerry some marketing and it will make sure they reign supreme when talking about keyboards.

Also it would be awesome to see iOS and Android users to admit that they BlackBerry Keyboard is better
    tinochiko likes this.
    07-15-14 03:25 AM