Separate the phones business as well. What Chen is doing is not smart enough. He is getting caught up in the sexiness/awesomeness of the best phones. Its the apps stupid, its the marketing stupid, its the perception stupid, its the carrier support stupid.
    01-13-15 01:55 PM
    Ya. You tell him. Stick it to the man. Fight the power..

or something like that.
    01-13-15 02:05 PM
    LOL.
    01-13-15 02:49 PM
    Lollllllll

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 06:37 AM
    Right now BB10 is half a$$ed.

The BB10 side does not have the apps needed or even the functionality that old legacy phones had except in the browser . It's security isn't up to the level of the old legacy phones (non BES).

On the BB10 side BB10 only runs some Android apps and it most cases it does not do that well. Functions that don't work. Some crash and run very slowly.

Even the name is half a$$ed as it was to be BBX but they could not use that.

The Classic is the same way. Old hardware.

Carrier relations as well.

Sad...

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-16-15 08:55 AM
    Right now BB10 is half a$$ed.

The BB10 side does not have the apps needed or even the functionality that old legacy phones had except in the browser . It's security isn't up to the level of the old legacy phones (non BES).

On the BB10 side BB10 only runs some Android apps and it most cases it does not do that well. Functions that don't work. Some crash and run very slowly.

Even the name is half a$$ed as it was to be BBX but they could not use that.

The Classic is the same way. Old hardware.

Carrier relations as well.

Sad...

Actually you're wrong, android apps work amazingly on the latest leaks. They run smoother and smoother it surprises me sometimes. Obviously some apps are not fully operational but most apps I need, I could find. You said it only runs some android apps, that used to be the case when bb10 first came out, it was only some but now most of them work

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    01-16-15 10:48 AM
    Actually you're wrong, android apps work amazingly on the latest leaks. They run smoother and smoother it surprises me sometimes. Obviously some apps are not fully operational but most apps I need, I could find. You said it only runs some android apps, that used to be the case when bb10 first came out, it was only some but now most of them work

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    That's not the case at all. A small minority or the Android apps run well. The vast majority run slowly with lags and errors. A large number require Google Play Services and won't run at all.

Certainly it's better than nothing, but hardly anything to brag about.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    01-16-15 10:52 AM
    That's not the case at all. A small minority or the Android apps run well. The vast majority run slowly with lags and errors. A large number require Google Play Services and won't run at all.

So far the only issues I have are with Googleplay apps downloaded using snap. Roughly half of them work properly the rest simply don't work at all due to BlackBerry not having google play services on their forked Android runtime. Now amazon's app store is another story of the various apps I've downloaded perhaps 5% of them don't work most likely due to my Passports 1 to 1 screen form factor. With every new OS update things are improving. All in all the so called app gap is closing ever so slowly.

Loving my Passport!
    Swave514 likes this.
    01-16-15 11:17 AM
    All of you knew the app situation when you bought your BB10 phone, so why are you complaining so much? I think it is hard for some people to accept the fact that BlackBerry will not be getting people to make native apps for them for a long time if even at all. If you chose BlackBerry for its apps, then you made a poor decision.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 and Zirak like this.
    01-16-15 11:20 AM

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    How am I wrong? Try running Google Maps or anything that take Google Play sir.

I have tried several android apps. Put of 4 that remain on my phone only 2 are fully functional.

Try them on an Android phone and compare how they are on a BlackBerry.

Your opinion is only as good as your experiences.

They may run smoother than they did on prior BlackBerry players but no where near what they do on the full android OS. Just not possible.

Still half a$$ed.

01-16-15 11:21 AM
    All of you knew the app situation when you bought your BB10 phone, so why are you complaining so much? I think it is hard for some people to accept the fact that BlackBerry will not be getting people to make native apps for them for a long time if even at all. If you chose BlackBerry for its apps, then you made a poor decision.

Posted via CB10
    Lame. When I bought my Z10 BlackBerry was still trying and getting BlackBerry Devs on board. Now BlackBerry has given that up.
    They changed the game, not me.

01-16-15 11:23 AM

I think you're wrong. It's getting better. I'm witnessing it! I remember apps being so dysfunctional, fast forward a year later and they run beautifully. Apparently on the passport they run better because of the cpu? I also noticed coming from my z10 to z30 android apps run better. Maybe I'm crazy

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    01-16-15 11:26 AM
    I think you're wrong. It's getting better. I'm witnessing it! I remember apps being so dysfunctional, fast forward a year later and they run beautifully. Apparently on the passport they run better because of the cpu? I also noticed coming from my z10 to z30 android apps run better. Maybe I'm crazy

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    It can't get any worse. So maybe you're right and it's getting better. It's still crap.

01-16-15 12:43 PM
    A lot of the Android apps I use don't work well on bb10 devices. And in using 10.3.1 too

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 12:49 PM
    A lot of the Android apps I use don't work well on bb10 devices. And in using 10.3.1 too

Posted via CB10
    Out of curiosity, which ones do you use?

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    01-16-15 01:04 PM
    Lame. When I bought my Z10 BlackBerry was still trying and getting BlackBerry Devs on board. Now BlackBerry has given that up.
    They changed the game, not me.

If you really thought that BlackBerry was going to be able to convince companies to buy in to their platform within the first few years then you were very mistaken. People who build apps, for the most part, only care about numbers - the number of people on a platform. They won't care about a platform that has 1% or less market share.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 01:35 PM
    Now amazon's app store is another story of the various apps I've downloaded perhaps 5% of them don't work most likely due to my Passports 1 to 1 screen form factor. With every new OS update things are improving. All in all the so called app gap is closing ever so slowly.

Loving my Passport!
    The bigger issue is why has the entire Amazon app catalog not opened up to BlackBerry users? Why do I need snap to get flipboard when it's in Amazon's app store? This won't help the cause of getting people to adopt the platform. People that don't frequent this and other forums don't know anything about sachesi, loading .bar files etc

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 03:12 PM
    I can't even find flipboard in amazon app store? Anyways a simple search for flipboard apk will do it for anyone

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    01-16-15 03:16 PM
    I can't even find flipboard in amazon app store? Anyways a simple search for flipboard apk will do it for anyone

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    You can't find it because your device is listed as incompatible. Search for it in your web browser from a PC. It's there.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 03:25 PM
    The bigger issue is why has the entire Amazon app catalog not opened up to BlackBerry users?
    It's completely up to the application owner to decide which devices to mark as incompatible - Amazon has nothing to do with that. Devs mark devices incompatible so they don't have to provide support for them - usually because of known incompatibilities. But even if it works perfectly, it's still up to the dev to decide.
    01-17-15 11:22 AM
    Ask an average Joe or Jane, and they will say: Great phone but not all the apps that i want.
    There is a world outside Crackberry... apple sells 100 million phones

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    01-20-15 04:39 PM
    Ask an average Joe or Jane, and they will say: Great phone but not all the apps that i want.
    There is a world outside Crackberry... apple sells 100 million phones
    Apples numbers don't mean anything to what I said? I'm talking about android apps lmfao...and it's all about the OS...and also I don't care about apple selling 100 million....but good marketing

Z30 | 10.3.1.2072
    01-20-15 05:24 PM
    Apples numbers don't mean anything to what I said? I'm talking about android apps lmfao...and it's all about the OS...and also I don't care about apple selling 100 million....but good marketing

Z30 | 10.3.1.2072
    He's pointing out that the average person isn't going to side load Snap and then install Android apps. Many android apps don't work all that well anyway.

Last edited by crazigee; 01-22-15 at 02:31 AM.
    01-21-15 03:13 AM
    He's point out that the average person isn't going to side load Snap and then install Android apps. Many android apps don't work all that well anyway.

But that wasn't his point? And again, all people have to do is google the apk they want. Not hard, people will figure it out one way or another

Z30 | 10.3.1.2072
    01-21-15 03:43 AM
    If you really thought that BlackBerry was going to be able to convince companies to buy in to their platform within the first few years then you were very mistaken. People who build apps, for the most part, only care about numbers - the number of people on a platform. They won't care about a platform that has 1% or less market share.

Posted via CB10
    You weren't even a CB member when the PB or the Z10 came out.
    You weren't here when BlackBerry was doing everything it could do to get Devs.

20 20 hindsight at best.

Your opinion means nothing to me period.

Moving on.....

MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-21-15 07:03 AM
53 123