Hi guys, yesterday I sent my idea in the new icanmakeitbetter page. What do you think about it?
    If you agree with my vision please vote it

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....-different-way
    02-25-14 07:27 AM
    For the lazy (like myself):

Let me rapidly explain what I mean when I say "different way":Instead of relying on carriers only for the sale of devices, Blackberry should employ many people whose only purpose is showing features of the BB10 system. Substantially a direct selling made by representatives.
    Today at work, one of my colleague told me she bought a samsung galaxy (s-anything) as a replacement for her blackberry because she used to "hate" it because of the lack (undeniable) of many functions. I told her that the new OS is really different and I showed her things she doesn't even think were possible to be done in such a small amount of time.
    That's the point, show people DIRECTLY how it works and please don't think there's information's symmetry between all customers. In practical people have a close to nonexistent knowledge of what they need, you need to convince them that a Blackberry is the best choice.
    It would be a great investment for the future of the company with a ridiculous amount of capital for developing it.

Thanks for your attention
    02-25-14 05:26 PM
    It's not a new idea - BB had BB vans traveling around the country showing people BB10 in the early launch months. The problem is that this is VERY expensive to so, and BB just doesn't have the money for it right now.

A lot of people don't understand the kinds of cost something like this takes. BB wouldn't hire full-time employees to do this, because the liabilities are too big, so they'd contract it out to some company that would charge them $400-500 a day per person, and that's not counting vehicles or kiosks or permits or anything else. There would have to be additional people coordinating everything (setting appointments, booking space in malls, parks, colleges, bookstores, etc.), getting the permits secured (what, you think you can just pull up somewhere and set up shop? As a corporation? HA!), and traveling around doing spot-checks to make sure the employees are doing a good job and not just hanging out at Starbucks.

One-on-one sales is just about the most expensive way to get new customers, and it wasn't very successful for BB last year, so I doubt it would do much better this year.

For better or worse, most people are trained to buy their phones from their carrier's store. They want it NOW, and that's (generally) what a carrier can give them: the phone they want RIGHT NOW. There's no way around the fact that carriers are a critical part of the system, and without them, you aren't going to succeed.
    02-25-14 09:57 PM
    how about BB pays ME / US - when we send them a customer. Tied to BBID. Kinda like back in the day when you were with MCI or such, and you could sell it to friends and family and make a little money. Make it a decent spiff so it is worth it, can be a referral thru BBM to the BB online sales page or heck - they could even make it payable for taking a customer into the carriers. Payout would be thru the often talked about BBM Money!
    02-25-14 10:33 PM
    Let me explain better:
    1. Consumer are excluded (for the moment) it's more small-business oriented: e.g. "Crackberry Onions ltd" has 18 employees. The purpose of what I suggested should be convincing the boss that in order to broaden the sales volume and improve the efficiency of the whole team BB is the key.

Then he/she says "nope, blackberry sucks" and the salesman is able to answer to such affirmation by exposing facts and showing that it's absolutely false. 2nd step would be an aggressive price: 10/z30 and 8/q10, huge discount for reasonably large quantity. In such way you start contacting all the small businesses that generally don't even think about a unified smartphone policy

2 Answer for troy: the things you wrote are valid, I only think that the van entire initiative was a failure because it was a stupid way to spend money. Who can understand the power of a product if he doesn't have the chance to try it sitting on a desk or a sofa or in the office? Blackberry doesn't sell vacuum cleaner.

I meant something like MLM but in Blackberry fashion (I mean salespeople have to be chosen with certain parameters in mind)

3 Answer to DocDRM: I would invite you in my country house in Caribbean if that happens really. I would be millionaire
    02-26-14 02:37 AM
    I think BlackBerry should trained all their dealer for their new os 10 and marketing in all cities.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 10:25 AM
    Again, you fail to understand how integral the carriers and carrier stores have become (in the US, at least) to the process of buying a cell phone. Unless you had the infrastructure to sell someone a phone right there on the spot, including things like transferring their contacts/data from their old phones, then all you are going to be able to do is demo the product. If all you can do is demo, then the customer is still going to go to the carrier store, and will likely walk out with an iOS or Android phone (for reasons we all know).

Plus, it would cost a FORTUNE to hire and train thousands of sales-people and dozens of managers/schedulers. BB doesn't have the money.

It's easy to think up an idea, but once you actually think through what it would actually involve to IMPLEMENT that idea, you often find that it's no where near as simple, viable, or cost-effective as you thought. If this was the way forward, I'm sure BB's marketing teams would have figured it out already, but as I said: it's the most expensive way to get new sales, and BB needs the CHEAPEST way, because they're broke!
    02-26-14 12:58 PM
    I wouldn't mind getting paid minimum wage to do something that I like for BlackBerry =). I would love to to around and showing everyone how great BlackBerry 10 OS is!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 01:05 PM
    I wouldn't mind getting paid minimum wage to do something that I like for BlackBerry =). I would love to to around and showing everyone how great BlackBerry 10 OS is!
    Right, but BB can't count on people working for them (or, rather, their contracted marketing companies) who would be happy to make minimum wage. Plus, the contracting companies typically charge 3-4 times whatever the workers make for their time, to pay for benefits, taxes, etc. BB isn't a small sole proprietorship - they can't just hire the neighbor-kid down the street; they'd need to hire national, or at least regional marketing contractors for this type of work.
    02-26-14 08:33 PM