Curious but Netflix is no longer on the Amazon App store when I search for it on my Q5. Does anybody else have this strange issue?

Used SNAP and 1Mobile to get it np.
    Posted by Q5
    02-28-15 12:06 PM
    Yes they dropped it, try 1mobile they have it.
    02-28-15 12:08 PM
    It's bizarre. I still have the latest version but when it needs an upgrade will have to get elsewhere.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-28-15 01:20 PM
    That's so weird. Just noticed the same thing.
    03-01-15 08:52 AM
    Amazon app store is getting worse.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:05 AM
    Amazon offers streaming service directly competing with Netflix so I could see why they dropped it. Install Snap and there you'll have it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    03-01-15 10:42 AM
    Install Snap and download it from there.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:51 AM
    This came up a month ago.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=994780

The OP thought it specific to the Z30, but it was the Amazon App store in general.

Netflix is still offered on Amazon to "compatible devices". It still shows up on my wife's Kindle Fire.

Someone asked Amazon about it and got back the message that the developers decide what devices their app works with. Meaning that for some reason, Netflix has decided to leave our Blackberrys out even though it works fine on them.

You can get it through Snap, except you'll have to patch it to remove Google Play Services dependences from it that's been added to Netflix since a couple of updates ago. And, of course, the latest beta of Snap V2 can't save a copy of the apk yet to do such patching.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:37 PM
    If they dropped it...why does netflix and many other apps still show up under my account (for download) *when logging in from a pc or a galaxy s4 - but no longer on my q10?

I got a funny feeling 'gaggle' is behind this...also noticed kaspersky internet security, plants vs. Zombies, shazam encore (i.e. paid version), the raymand ravin rabbids game series & a whole bunch of others missing too
    nah.uhh likes this.
    03-01-15 06:02 PM
    I know that feel, for Deer Hunter 2014 disappeared from my apps list on the Amazon App store even when it worked fine when I had it on my phone. Fun game, so I decided to email customer support at the developers' page. I've yet to receive an answer back, but I've got a gut feeling that the devs decided to block off BB10 users. :/

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 08:32 PM
    Please complain loudly to Amazon. Some of the apps that they offered as compatible (OneNote before 10.3.1, Zinio, etc) actually were not, so they should never have been labeled as compatible. Some were compatible, then removed, then added back (Fruit Ninja). Netflix is still on Amazon app store, just not listed as compatible with our BB devices even though they actually are compatible. Amazon is a strange seller. Back during the Playbook war, their Instant Vids would play on the browser, then they wouldn't, then they would, then they wouldn't. They are very fickle. If we complain loudly, we might get their attention and have Netflix back. I would really rather not go to 1mobile.
    03-02-15 09:00 AM
    I'm not seeing Facebook or Facebook pages app any longer too

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 06:15 AM
    Please complain loudly to Amazon. Some of the apps that they offered as compatible (OneNote before 10.3.1, Zinio, etc) actually were not, so they should never have been labeled as compatible. Some were compatible, then removed, then added back (Fruit Ninja). Netflix is still on Amazon app store, just not listed as compatible with our BB devices even though they actually are compatible. Amazon is a strange seller. Back during the Playbook war, their Instant Vids would play on the browser, then they wouldn't, then they would, then they wouldn't. They are very fickle. If we complain loudly, we might get their attention and have Netflix back. I would really rather not go to 1mobile.
    It's not Amazon that decides or determines which devices are compatible with the apps they sell. It's the developers of the apps that makes that determination. You can bring it to Amazon's attention all you wish, but they don't get to decide which devices Netflix chooses to support. Netflix can make the change by literally just ticking a couple of checkboxes from the app's developer page hosted by Amazon. Even though Amazon host's the distribution model for the apps, the developer holds full control over who or which devices the app can be distributed to.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    03-03-15 10:29 AM
    It's not Amazon that decides or determines which devices are compatible with the apps they sell. It's the developers of the apps that makes that determination. You can bring it to Amazon's attention all you wish, but they don't get to decide which devices Netflix chooses to support. Netflix can make the change by literally just ticking a couple of checkboxes from the app's developer page hosted by Amazon. Even though Amazon host's the distribution model for the apps, the developer holds full control over who or which devices the app can be distributed to.
    I did send a message to Amazon about it. I acknowledged that it was likely Netflix that determines the device restrictions. I asked to relay my displeasure to Netflix at having my device of choice singled out for exclusion when the app, in fact, runs just fine on it.

I figured since Amazon is easier to contact right within the app, they can then forward the issue to Netflix. Amazon did respond that they would actually do that.

Although, the note from Amazon was well written to seem like it was a direct response, it was just vague enough that it still could have been a canned response - never once mentioning Netflix or my Z10 by name as I did.

Still, the basic issue seemed to have been conveyed, and perhaps Amazon will actually notify Netflix about it.

Of course that doesn't mean anything will be done about it on Netflix's side.

It's a shame that it's the shared customers who get hurt in what appears to be an apparent pissing-match between two companies.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:57 AM
    Personally, I don't even use Amazon App store. Snap v3 is the app store for me. I haven't found anything on Amazon that I can't get through Snap, but there's lots on Snap, that isn't on Amazon.

PaulJ
    03-03-15 01:31 PM
    So it seems the Amazon app store I loaded manually on my Z10 still has it but the Amazon store that came with 10.3 updates does not.

Can this be right??

03-04-15 07:57 PM
    I went to netflix directly on this one.

I got the "stock" answer that they gave before about Native apps. "We're waiting for BlackBerry to work with us on this", which is hogwash. The app works, I know it works, I've used it a lot and they don't *need* anything from BlackBerry for the Android app to run on the device.

I suspect "work with" means "pay us for the privilege of the app and the support costs/bandwidth costs of users using the app on BlackBerry"
    03-05-15 05:38 PM
    Saw this post. It's gone off my amazon also. So I googled 1 mobile market. Download new app store and there it was Netflix. Downloaded Netflix worked hdmi first try. Don't know why I waited so long to do this. Pretty cool

Vtecberry Z10
    03-07-15 07:27 AM
    Saw this post. It's gone off my amazon also. So I googled 1 mobile market. Download new app store and there it was Netflix. Downloaded Netflix worked hdmi first try. Don't know why I waited so long to do this. Pretty cool

Vtecberry Z10
    You can get the apk lots of places. Problem is you don't get the updates.

03-08-15 01:24 PM
    You can get the apk lots of places. Problem is you don't get the updates.

With Snap you do. Same with the Cobalt solution.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:26 PM
    With Snap, you get the one that requires Google Play. It still works, but you get that annoying Google Play pop up at various times while using it. Patching it works fine, but the latest Snap v3 can't yet save the apk to patch.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 04:50 PM