I know BlackBerry 10 is goin down but can't they just do us a favor and develop native version of these popular apps? Buying BlackBerry phone was my biggest mistake! Mr john chen plz do us a favour and give us native version of these apps I assure you we will not dare to buy BlackBerry again we won't repeat this mistake!! I didn't know we were buying BlackBerry phone to enjoy android. Apps on it!!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 05:36 AM
    You really have your facts mixed up there friend. BB 10 is not "going down". OS10 is probably one of the things that will remain for a while from Blackberry. As far as "i didn't know we were buying BB phones to enjoy Android apps" DIDN'T YOU BOTHER TO DO ANY RESEARCH before buying? what happened to being a smart consumer? How can you blame BlackBerry for your own shortcomings?

There are plenty of apps that are clients of the social services you seek. Do some searching and look around. Ask an intelligent question and you will get an intelligent answer.
    Uzi, SteelGreek, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    07-29-15 05:44 AM
    I just need that old Nokia phone game called snek and I want to hit maximum level. I hope BlackBerry releases a version soon. This phone is too expensive to not have exactly every little thing I personally demand
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-29-15 06:07 AM
    I just need that old Nokia phone game called snek and I want to hit maximum level. I hope BlackBerry releases a version soon. This phone is too expensive to not have exactly every little thing I personally demand
    Snek?

Posted via C5303
    07-29-15 06:26 AM
    Snek?

Posted via C5303
    Yah bro best game bro

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 06:59 AM
    OP, I agree! BlackBerry should go out and acquire all of these companies and then force them to make the apps you need!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-29-15 07:02 AM
    I know BlackBerry 10 is goin down but can't they just do us a favor and develop native version of these popular apps? Buying BlackBerry phone was my biggest mistake! Mr john chen plz do us a favour and give us native version of these apps I assure you we will not dare to buy BlackBerry again we won't repeat this mistake!! I didn't know we were buying BlackBerry phone to enjoy android. Apps on it!!

Posted via CB10
    Just be happy that we have the option of Android Apps.... some of us experienced BB10 before SNAP and Cobalt came along. Was even a point when BlackBerry was looking at locking down the runtime and each person had to have a developer key and use that key to convert APKs to BAR files and then sideload them.. if they wanted Android Apps. What we have today is a 1000% better than the first 10 months of BB10!

But yes it isn't equal to just having a real Android device or an iOS device.... if apps are important, then you came to the wrong platform.
    07-29-15 07:19 AM
    I know BlackBerry 10 is goin down but can't they just do us a favor and develop native version of these popular apps?
    BB does not own these companies, and legally does not have the right to make software clients for them. None of the apps you've listed have open (public) APIs, so anyone trying to make clients for them would have to illegally reverse-engineer their APIs (if possible) and likely break any security they might have. While a single indie developer living at home with mom and dad might get away with that for a while, any corporation that tried to do that would be slapped with an injunction instantly, and would be lucky not to be sued.

Facebook owns Instagram, Viber owns Viber, and Microsoft owns Skype. These other companies can do whatever they like with their services, and if that means not supporting a platform with 0.2% marketshare (and still dropping) with a native app, that's their right. The same is true of hundreds of thousands of other apps.

I can just imagine the uproar if someone insisted that Microsoft write a BBM client or a version of the Hub for WinPhone - they'd (quite rightly) scream that BB owns those properties and that MS has no right to steal them. They'd be right, but likewise, BB has no right to steal from other companies who have created popular services and platforms.
    07-29-15 10:34 AM