PlaybookuserMT

I bought my Q10 at the same store. The gal who sold it to me had one, loved it and was going to get one for her boyfriend. I shouldn't be so hard on the store. I had only one poor experience.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:52 PM
    The girl at my local Telus store is great (aside from being hot) we went in for the first time, just a SIM card after getting a Q to replace my wife's 9800. she took it, got a SIM, asked if we needed a run through of how it works and explained that is different from BB7, she set up the phone and email, etc. Best service I have had in years.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    10-21-14 11:12 AM
    He gave you feedback from the majority of his customers. He wanted to be sure you are happy with your choice and you dont take him responsible if you dont like it in the end.

The right question should have been : so you type with one hand ? And then listen to your answer.

Bad salesmanship is everywhere

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 08:19 PM
    I went to the same store a few weeks later and found the experience completely different. The sale guy was very positive about the Passport and said that there was a lot of interest in it. I have not bought one yet, but will. I have a friend who just got one and told me that it is "fantastic" and she cannot understand why "everyone doesn't have one".
    03-02-15 03:48 PM
    Something similar happened to me when the sales kid wanted to sell me a better phone. I had a week old 9900 and he told me it was outdated. Gooo Rogers!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:48 PM
    As a longtime Apple product user, I LOVE Apple products. I've been through the ringer, starting with the 3G. At one point, when the Q10 had first came out, instead of following the path and going to the 5S I tried it out. The only thing that I couldn't get over was the apps, well lack there of. I ended up buying out my contract and went with the 5S. Back when the 6 came out, I made sure to be one of the first to get one. I used it loyally up until about 2 weeks ago. A die hard BlackBerry roommate of mine showed me the Passport and how it had the amazon app store now and such. On a whim I traded in my iPhone 6 for the Passport. The first thing I heard was "are you crazy?! It's a completely different class of phone". It had me nervous. Regretting my trade. After 2 weeks I've come to realize it is a different class of phone: for the better. The functionality and productivity is amazing. BlackBerry Blend alone makes it worth it. Finally, the community is helpful and welcoming.

I've made the right choice. BlackBerry has won me over.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:15 PM
    As a longtime Apple product user, I LOVE Apple products. I've been through the ringer, starting with the 3G. At one point, when the Q10 had first came out, instead of following the path and going to the 5S I tried it out. The only thing that I couldn't get over was the apps, well lack there of. I ended up buying out my contract and went with the 5S. Back when the 6 came out, I made sure to be one of the first to get one. I used it loyally up until about 2 weeks ago. A die hard BlackBerry roommate of mine showed me the Passport and how it had the amazon app store now and such. On a whim I traded in my iPhone 6 for the Passport. The first thing I heard was "are you crazy?! It's a completely different class of phone". It had me nervous. Regretting my trade. After 2 weeks I've come to realize it is a different class of phone: for the better. The functionality and productivity is amazing. BlackBerry Blend alone makes it worth it. Finally, the community is helpful and welcoming.

I've made the right choice. BlackBerry has won me over.

Posted via CB10
    Live long and prosper... on your new platform!

(Welcome to the black side!)

:-D

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-03-15 05:18 PM
    Wow, iphone 6 to passport, that was a bold move. Pun intended

Every phone has a market

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:25 PM
    Typical sales staff spreading lies and miss-information just to sell a bloody iPhone. A device that's not premium but is sold as a premium.
    Pathetic, not to mention the majority of these adolescents know Jack about mobile technology.

What they are doing is a disservice to the store and to consumers.

Posted by Q5
    03-04-15 08:44 AM
    Wow, iphone 6 to passport, that was a bold move. Pun intended

Every phone has a market

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.
    The iPhone belongs in the lowest of Class.

Posted by Q5
    03-04-15 08:47 AM
    BlackBerry needs to open their own retail stores in Canada! I'd love to work for my home team!

Zoom Zoom Z30
    Yes. That's what they need to do it. It would be so different and attract a lot of attention as well. The same way that does Apple, because in the end of the day, both companies are the only ones fully producing their own hardwares and softwares at the same time. I would be very pleased if they do it and definitely would be willingly to be a franchisee and run the store. Can imagine it all black and very luxurious. With the Porsche phones lined up as well in the same way you walk into a Mercedes Benz store or Tiffany and Co store. Just feels right.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    03-08-15 11:55 PM
    Slightly off topic, but I went into an AT&T store today over here in Brooklyn and sitting right there was the rounded edges Passport, all powered up and looking so inviting.

Played with it for a few, but somehow it wasn't as appealing to me as the original square edge one I saw in the wild a few months back, where the owner was oh so kind to let me play it for a bit.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:31 AM
    Slightly off topic, but I went into an AT&T store today over here in Brooklyn and sitting right there was the rounded edges Passport, all powered up and looking so inviting.

Played with it for a few, but somehow it wasn't as appealing to me as the original square edge one I saw in the wild a few months back, where the owner was oh so kind to let me play it for a bit.

Posted via CB10
    Tamed, even a little 'emasculated', if you so wish...

Real square is definitely more hip... :-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-09-15 05:55 AM
    \\While playing around with it (not easy frankly with a tethered model) the young salesman who was standing next to us said he just wanted to make sure we understood that "you won't be able to type with one hand."
    So would you have preferred the sales guy not mentioning the negative aspects of the phone, praising it like crazy??

Believe it or not, but sales people want you to be happy with your device! And when they see people coming back to the store with previously purchased BlackBerrys, lamenting that they can't type with one hand, the sales people assume it is a major drawback to the phone, and so let you, the customer, know! As who knows, you might also like typing with one hand. If you do, it would be good for you to know. If you anyways don't - well then - no problem, it doesn't affect you.

I don't get your confrontational attitude.
    03-10-15 02:44 AM
    OMG! A sales rep providing information for you to make an informed decision!?? What a snot nosed, basement dwelling, mommas boy, eh?

I don't get the attitudes some of you people hand out like gods gift when it comes to BlackBerry devices.

These phones are **** compared to the abilities of other smart phones currently available and this is coming from a guy still using a Z10. I like my BlackBerry, it's functionality is limited but it doesn't limit what I want to do. I dont play games, or watch movies and such. I use it to communicate. That's it. Solely for communication. Not for entertainment.

When people **** on our phones, try and remember how they use theirs.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:27 AM
    The iPhone belongs in the lowest of class.
    Which is why they've sold 700 million to date with no signs of stopping.
    03-11-15 11:42 AM
    Which is why they've sold 700 million to date with no signs of stopping.
    Sold to mindless and brainless iSheeple. Right ON.
    03-16-15 04:43 AM
    Sold to mindless and brainless iSheeple. Right ON.
    And plenty of enterprise clients, the same audience BlackBerry is trying to capture with BB10. Wouldn't call that "mindless" at all.
    03-16-15 10:02 AM
    I've said it before and I will say it again, one handed typing, turn the Pp sideways with the keys running up the right hand side and type with one hand that way, works a treat and freaks people out a tad too.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 03:44 PM
    And plenty of enterprise clients, the same audience BlackBerry is trying to capture with BB10. Wouldn't call that "mindless" at all.
    If you must know, there seems to be more and more IT departments run by people by mindless non-IT people.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 03:41 PM
    If you must know, there seems to be more and more IT departments run by people by mindless non-IT people.
    Of course.
    03-20-15 07:57 PM
    Visited a BELL STORE. They were quite helpful. But I noticed something interesting. I walked in with a Q5, and they tried to sell me a BBRY. Others with Android and they try and sell them Android. Same with iOS, it seems they try to you upgrades based on what you are currently using, unless you ask.

Walked into a Best Buy, seen a Classic on display, but they pulled the Passport. 2 reasons, they sold out of it, first off (Telus Plans) and second the individual rep in that department was somewhat confused as to why somebody would want to buy a BBRY, so he seemed dead strong to divert people from buying one, unless of course you ASK.

Popped out my white beautiful Z30 and his eye balls popped out too, as soon as I made the BlackBerry LOGO present (On Purpose). He knows what a Z10 is but never knew BBRY had a large screen Z30.

Thank you very much BBRY, Awesome past and present Marketing. Sheesh...

Sexy White Z30
    Blackberry_Boy likes this.
    03-22-15 04:14 PM
    I actually had a similar experience to the original poster, only at a different carrier. I went in looking for the BlackBerry Classic, played with the demo model and decided it was the right device for me. I asked the sales representative if they had any, and the first words out of their mouth were "why would you want to buy a BlackBerry?", so I gave him a few of my reasons, to which he replied with "well you should buy a Samsung, they're better."

Luckily this store had no BlackBerry devices in stock other than an old Q10 that they were still selling at the outright price of $550, so I wound up taking my business elsewhere. The experience at the store I purchased it from was positive, and the representative asked me about what I liked about BlackBerry, but didn't throw up walls and excuses trying to get me to purchase something else.

(Sort of a side note: It really irritates me when a sales representative tries to throw everything in the book at you as to why you should buy another product based on their personal opinion or how much commission they make selling one brand over another. At the end of a day as a customer, I don't care how much you're getting paid, if I'm asking for a specific product there's a reason for it and while I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, it should not be shoved down your customers throat. The only thing that this does is create tension, provide a bad customer experience, and you're likely to lose a sale because your customer will go somewhere else for help.)
    03-22-15 04:16 PM
    I have never buy phone at the store. Always buy online. If I buy from the store, I will tell them I'm here looking for phone that can help get my job done faster and efficiently especially I can do power point presentation anywhere anyplace with screen sharing and I strongly believe BlackBerry Classic and Passport are the only phones capable doing all of these tasks. Let see what the salesman reacts!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 09:53 PM
    I actually had a similar experience to the original poster, only at a different carrier. I went in looking for the BlackBerry Classic, played with the demo model and decided it was the right device for me. I asked the sales representative if they had any, and the first words out of their mouth were "why would you want to buy a BlackBerry?", so I gave him a few of my reasons, to which he replied with "well you should buy a Samsung, they're better."

Luckily this store had no BlackBerry devices in stock other than an old Q10 that they were still selling at the outright price of $550, so I wound up taking my business elsewhere. The experience at the store I purchased it from was positive, and the representative asked me about what I liked about BlackBerry, but didn't throw up walls and excuses trying to get me to purchase something else.

(Sort of a side note: It really irritates me when a sales representative tries to throw everything in the book at you as to why you should buy another product based on their personal opinion or how much commission they make selling one brand over another. At the end of a day as a customer, I don't care how much you're getting paid, if I'm asking for a specific product there's a reason for it and while I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, it should not be shoved down your customers throat. The only thing that this does is create tension, provide a bad customer experience, and you're likely to lose a sale because your customer will go somewhere else for help.)
    It makes you wonder why they are still selling a 2 year old device with 3 year old specs (Q10) for $550. Sounds to me they are trying to either rip customers off or preventing it from selling, just so they can go back and say BlackBerry's are not selling, "Do we have to carry them".

I hate devious mindless people that know absolutely nothing about mobile technology, giving wrong (Lying) advice to people, especially when people go in for a specific product. Anyhow, I too had a similar situation happen to me. Let's just say, I put the entire selling team to shame in a pro manner. I had them licking chops after I was done with them. When it comes to mobile tech, don't test me. lol
    03-22-15 10:25 PM
53 123