I for one really hope BB goes private just to get a way from all the BS stories especially on the public market.
    I must have read 30 stories today telling of the pendending Breakup, Liquidation, Inventory write off, He said She said BS ----
    ])))) BUT !! (((( NOT ONE WORD ABOUT THE 166 BILLION DOLLAR INVESTOR WHO IS GOING WITH THE FAIRFAX DEAL !!! & MADE IT PUBLIC YESTERDAY !! I posted a link in my last comment so you all can read it I will post it again under this posting. / O & by the way besides the lack of good advertising which is needed badly the reason pll are not buying BB is because of their lack of apps & M2M integration like for instance Banking apps
    That are an absolute must here in the U.S. who also had a really big bout with the one agency who does not want you to be on a BB its called the (( NSA )) cause they cant read BB encryption & BB wont give it to them. The argument went that the NSA wanted all cell providers & hand set manufacturers in the U.S.to comlpy Notices were sent to Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, & the only U.S. manufacture Apple. At that time RIM made it very well kown there CANADIAN and not U.S. Based . ever since I watched the rapped decline of BB program writers who have left 1 by 1, bank after bank , device after device , Hell I can't even find a program for my new front door lock cause they wont support BB
    ( GETTING THE PICTURE ARE WE )

Good news for fairfax deal :
    BlackBerry Ltd: CPPIB says it would consider joining takeover bid Read hole story here >>
    BlackBerry Ltd: CPPIB says it would consider joining takeover bid | Financial Post...
    10-10-13 11:49 PM
    Colorful post!
    10-10-13 11:58 PM
    iOS 7 wants its font back. I kid, I kid. Aside from that though, and I mean no offense, you lost me at NSA/Canada /U.S. conspiracy theories. It's all a bit mind numbing now thanks to having been beat to death.
    Air Force One likes this.
    10-10-13 11:59 PM
    iOS 7 wants its font back. Aside from that, and I mean no offense, you lost me at NSA/Canada /U.S. conspiracy theories.
    H8R.

Not that I read the OP, looks too complicated for me.
    10-11-13 12:03 AM
    Nifty link. It appears the quotes are as follows:

�Given that BlackBerry is clearly for sale or looking for strategic solutions, it would be fair to assume that we would analyze that and try and make a determination as to whether it makes sense on a risk-adjusted basis for us to participate in a financial bid,� Mark Wiseman, chief executive officer of the Toronto-based fund, said in an interview today.

Wiseman declined to say whether the fund was considering joining the Fairfax bid or any other investment group.

�We�re in the business of investing,� Wiseman said from his Toronto office. �It is safe to assume that we would look at any large asset that was up for sale anywhere in the world that could potentially meet our investment criteria.�

!!! Mark Wiseman eager to take the wheel, releasing BBM4all and NOC security for BYOD levering BB's traditional enterprise relationships and reputation, taking the lead in providing enterprise level security for BYOD, along with a massive reinfusion of capital driving a truly broad line of products at all price points along with amped-up developer support could be EXACTLY what it takes!
    DARKSTARR likes this.
    10-11-13 10:36 AM
    Until there is money on the table, it is all speculation.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-11-13 10:47 AM
    Sigh ... just keep them public. So they are under scrutiny and have to disclose a lot of information. That information exists whether they are private or public. Is the attitude towards BB going to change if they go Private? I don't think so. I think Crackberry folks really like to hear the news anyway. They go private, we may not have lots of information coming out. Although, I know this will increase the amount of negative news and twisted posts.
    10-11-13 10:50 AM
    I was ready to disagree with you but your use of bold, underline, multiple text colors and emoticons lent some emotional credibility to your post. I felt like it was 1999 when Blackberry ruled the roost.
    JeepBB and DARKSTARR like this.
    10-11-13 10:57 AM
    Hi I was in formed to contact a moderator if I wanted to upload a photo for my signature so Im reaching to you hope you can help ..
    10-11-13 11:14 AM
    Going Private is not about being able to operate more freely, without investors, media and analysts looking over the shoulder. It's about getting ride of the current owners and being able to do the hard things without answering to anyone else.

OP I agree, it's all about compatibility. Does your device allow you to interact in todays world... or does it limit you?
    10-11-13 11:29 AM