Bash me all you want but I think it's time for some truth. I'm really thinking of changing from BlackBerry. For a couple of reasons. 1. Holy hell slow on new devices! And all you can come up with is a cheap z3? Come on! Get it together! Then you have a q20? Also another phone that won't sell nearly enough devices to get out of the hole we are in. 2. Z10 is a year old now and it has the specs of a 2012 model cheap phone. Then we have maybe a z50 that by the time it comes out some other company will already have it out. 3. You have no carrier support to speak of at all. Please wake up, your ship is sailing

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    03-26-14 04:52 PM
    Don't want to waste time at all. You may get out !

Posted via CB10
    Bor Navas likes this.
    03-26-14 05:01 PM
    I won't bash you but I disagree with what you are saying. Understand you are frustrated but some of your comments are simply untrue.
    03-26-14 05:01 PM
    This rant imo is dumb. Doesn't take into account BlackBerry's new strategy

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    03-26-14 05:02 PM
    Useless rant. The Z10 performs excellent after 1 year of using this device.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 05:04 PM
    Bash me all you want but I think it's time for some truth. I'm really thinking of changing from BlackBerry. For a couple of reasons. 1. Holy hell slow on new devices! And all you can come up with is a cheap z3? Come on! Get it together! Then you have a q20? Also another phone that won't sell nearly enough devices to get out of the hole we are in. 2. Z10 is a year old now and it has the specs of a 2012 model cheap phone. Then we have maybe a z50 that by the time it comes out some other company will already have it out. 3. You have no carrier support to speak of at all. Please wake up, your ship is sailing

Posted via CB10
    well,it depends of what the new one will be made of!!!........if it has all the latest specs available on the market of tomorrow..then it would be a huge leap forward....I would like to see 32 gb internal memory, SD card slot, being able to pin sizable active frame on screen, being able to pin what ever else like a specific contact on screen as well, removable battery...
    As for the Micro sim and SD card being able to change it without removing the battery...then it would be near perfect....the only thing missing would be to continue to refine the OS..and that takes time...
    Last edited by Alain_A; 03-26-14 at 05:26 PM.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    03-26-14 05:10 PM
    Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30.... all within One year. Z3 then Q20, and some other full touch device to launch in 2014. I'm curious as to how frequent you feel devices should be released?

I feel your rant is not very well thought through.
    03-26-14 05:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    What do you think about the Z30??? Its internals are close to the Moto X and released in 2013...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 05:11 PM
    Useless rant. The Z10 performs excellent after 1 year of using this device.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    no rant is ever useless.....what work for you might not be working for someone else......and it gives something to think about priority in using a device
    03-26-14 05:13 PM
    Yawn!

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-26-14 05:14 PM
    no rant is ever useless.....what work for you might not be working for someone else......and it gives something to think about your priority in using a device
    When it comes to technology people rarely point to themselves as the issue.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 05:15 PM
    When it comes to technology people rarely point to themselves as the issue.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    true......agreed with you on that..... the hardware+software+user need to be able to work together...some gets it, some don't...
    03-26-14 05:22 PM
    the software is now almost fine for me...needs more refinement........hardware needs improvement...
    03-26-14 05:25 PM
    What do you want them to do? Keep chasing a market that pretty wrote them off (consumers)? The company has to play to their strengths.

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    NinjaB likes this.
    03-26-14 05:27 PM
    Typical first world woes from the last couple of yrs.
    People thinking a can/should be able to keep up with their finicky tastes. I am not defending BB, I am just saying we are living in a time of self entitlement, too much disposable income, too many disposable products and frankly too many lazy people.
    That's my rant from the apparently outdated phone of a hard working small business owner with double digit number of employees.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    03-26-14 05:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't get how blackberry is slow with devices. Most other phone companies come out with maybe 1-3 new devices a year, and then blackberry dumps out 4. How is that slow?

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Monty and Jrox74 like this.
    03-26-14 05:28 PM
    OK, I'll give you the carrier support point. It's dreadful.

But that and any of your other points have zero bearing on the usability of the devices that are out now. I.e., whatever devices BBRY may or may not be planning and whatever carriers may or may not offer them doesn't change how much I enjoy using my Z10 today. If you like any of those devices, as many of us do, and they work well for you, as they do for many of us, and you like at least one of them more than any other device out there, as many of us do, then no new device or carrier support or age of your current device will change that. On the other hand, if any of the above statements are not true for you, then you must go forth and find that elusive and as yet unknown device that will float your boat.

The rest of us will remain hopeful that BBRY can and will pull out of this slump so that we can keep buying and using that which does float our boat. If and when the day comes that we can't, then we'll worry about what to buy next.
    03-26-14 05:30 PM
    What do you want them to do? Keep chasing a market that pretty wrote them off (consumers)? The company has to play to their strengths.

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    Look for help? There is always a solution...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-26-14 05:34 PM
    Point 1: There's a new Android-powered device released because there are several different manufacturers creating devices that run Android: Samsung, Motorola, HTC are just some of the common ones in the US. Those 3 companies alone will release at least 1 device per year (and most likely will be more than 1 each) vs. at least 1 or 2 BlackBerry devices per year. This is the same as Apple and the Windows phones manufacturers.
    Your argument would have BlackBerry, a company that is already having difficulty getting a profit on 3 different devices, create more lines of devices? A "spray-and-pray" technique of building 4,5, or 6 different devices per year? Do you have any idea what kind of capital and stock that would require and consume?

Point 2: Both my Z10 and Z30 will run as smooth and quickly as any Android or iPhone I've paired them off against, regardless of when they were released or the internals they were built upon.

Point 3: See first counter-argument. A company that has difficulty getting any kind of shelf space for 1 or 2 devices will have no chance of getting shelf space for 4, 5, or 6 different devices.

I'm no CEO, entrepreneur, or investor, and judging by your points neither are you. Let's leave the decision making to those best suited. As a consumer, let's just buy what is going to work best for us, eh?
    james pisano likes this.
    03-26-14 05:46 PM
    Are these posts the answer to Facebook's "I'm so sad today..." posts?
    03-26-14 05:47 PM
    I hear you OP! BlackBerry needs to produce as many devices as Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, etc. combined! You want choices on your next device /and/ you want BB10! How can BlackBerry stay on top when they can't even manufacture 20+ devices in one year! Play for real or go home!
    03-26-14 05:47 PM
    I can understand your frustration, but I don't feel your pain! I'm in a household with BlackBerry, crapple, and HTC. All top of the line stuff, so I get to play with it all. I know my Z is superior, and they do too.

Maybe you do need to try something else, do your own comparisons.

I made my choice, this is by far the best phone I have ever had.

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    NinjaB likes this.
    03-26-14 05:51 PM
    I'd like it better if they produced less devices. Now it seems they are in the strategy of throw anything against the wall and see if it sticks. I don't foresee them releasing another high end consumer phone and only sticking to the low end and enterprise customer. If that works for them I am all about a solid business phone and that's fine with me. They can't compete in the high end consumer market and shouldn't try. HTC, Apple, Samsung. Blackberry isn't going to be a player in that crowded area so just let it go and try to become relavant in the business world again.

Focus on business and low end only ( at a realistic price point) and then a few years down the road dip their toes back into the consumer market and see if they can make a dent.
    03-26-14 05:58 PM
    I'm with you bud: If BB cannot produce 20+ devices in 1yr, they should just hang it up. Quick question: Do we have to get engaged with every paid troll on CB?

I hear you OP! BlackBerry needs to produce as many devices as Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, etc. combined! You want choices on your next device /and/ you want BB10! How can BlackBerry stay on top when they can't even manufacture 20+ devices in one year! Play for real or go home!
    neoberry99 likes this.
    03-26-14 06:02 PM
    In support of OP the Aristo\Z30 was in development for a very long time. So long that the device is not competitive at the price they charge.

I think that BlackBerry would do well to have Foxconn develop all of their all touch models and BB concentrate on Q models and the software.

OP says that we are in a hole. We are not in a hole as consumers have very little skin in the game. OP has choices. He can buy the latest from LG, Samsung or HTC or Nexus or he can wait until next Christmas which should see the Z30 replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-26-14 06:12 PM
82 123 ...