Look where that same perverted excuse of a thinking got us? What is good for the company is good for shareholders and vice versa. Are you a commie or a capitalist?
    Only if a Icahn kind of investor gets in, then we will see real value creation. Otherwise old, boring board too comfy in their position.
    Not always. I've seen investors and Wall Street ruin companies by having unrealistic expectations for them, especially related to growth. You seem to want rapid short term gain and increase in price by selling off BBM, where the better long term play is likely to keep BBM in the fold for now to leverage it for BBM protected for the enterprise piece BlackBerry is focusing on now.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 05:57 PM
    What are you talking about? Why Line valued at $12 Billion, snapchat $10 bil?
    Please, dont argue, I have studied capital markets before you could breathe.
    Doubt that.

Value vs profit.

And the competition increases:

http://bgr.com/2015/01/22/kim-dotcom...ncrypted-chat/

Dotcom is very optimistic about the impending success of MegaChat. In a tweet on Thursday, he said*that Mega currently has 15 million users, but predicts that �MegaChat could elevate us to 100+ million users by the end of 2015.�

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-22-15 10:19 PM
    Its about grabbing market share, profits come later
    Not sure how many investors will line up using parts of your reasoning; Zuckerberg is not interested in turning a profit with messaging service, Chen is too interested in using it to make money.
    Seems contradictory, to expect someone to spend billions on something, keep spending to build it up all the while knowing you are not interested in taking a profit.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    01-25-15 09:43 PM
    Long term long term... Have heard that for a long time.
    If, and they musty, spinoff BBM, then BBM will become much more successful. Also, rest of Blackberry business will benefit as shorts get xscrewed and stop the negative propaganda. Management can focus on other things. Now Chen has too much on his plate. Monetize BBM now by spinning off, I have a plan ready.

Not always. I've seen investors and Wall Street ruin companies by having unrealistic expectations for them, especially related to growth. You seem to want rapid short term gain and increase in price by selling off BBM, where the better long term play is likely to keep BBM in the fold for now to leverage it for BBM protected for the enterprise piece BlackBerry is focusing on now.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:47 PM
29 12