Worked for others to get companies to try competing MDM solutions when BlackBerry was for sale.

Posted via Z30
    But won't work for BlackBerry. That's what I get, and understand birdman is saying. BlackBerry is still "kinda going bankrupt"...

For others it certainly worked. Whether ethical or at least justified is a different question.... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-24-15 05:08 PM
    My question is how can a 36 mil/yr company make sooooo much noise in the space??
    Point: it's $36M/quarter, so $144M/year. However, that $144M/year isn't growing - and more importantly, expenses continue to outpace revenues and the cash pile is shrinking. Compare to Blackberry, where expenses may be outpacing revenues (depending on how we're measuring that) but the cash pile is most definitely not shrinking (despite cries for years that the company was running out of cash).

(Don't even ask about Good, where the situation is even worse.)

But hey, maybe MobileIron will be the company that survives in the face of a set of scenarios that ultimately sunk every other company in the same position that didn't get it turned around.
    05-29-15 02:37 PM
    Worked for others to get companies to try competing MDM solutions when BlackBerry was for sale.

Posted via Z30
    First, worked for others because the others were not teetering on the edge when they made the pitch. Moreover, it worked for others because the pitch was more of about them being able to secure iOS and Android NOW as opposed to waiting for BB to do it later, if they lived long enough to get there. Others were not so much competing then, as they were offering something different. From a 10,000 foot view, BES12 is no different than other MDM, other than it can manage BB10 devices. The question is always going to be: If I don't have any BB devices, why BES12 over the others?
    05-29-15 05:35 PM
28 12