So, latest news:

• MobileIron (NASDAQ:MOBL) expects Q1 revenue of $32M-$33M, below guidance of $34M-$37M and a $36.3M consensus. Billings are expected to total $35M-$37M, below guidance of $40M-$42M.
    • CEO Bob Tinker: "Near the end of the quarter, we witnessed multiple large deals from North American customers that did not close as expected. Further, we saw a large shift by customers to our monthly subscription offering, which resulted in lower billings and revenue." MobileIron faces competition from SAP, IBM, VMware (AirWatch), BlackBerry, Microsoft, and Good Technology, among others.
    • The company also announces CFO Todd Ford is resigning to join another company. An interim CFO will be named shortly, and a search conducted for a successor.Shares have plunged to $6.21 AH. Full Q1 results arrive on April 30.
    • 6.30 Pre market today.

So, having in mind that they never had profit, not planning to have one (said in their latest earnings report) and now - CFO leaving, dropping his $1M in shares - can we say that MI is doomed?
    rarsen and CuriousFellow like this.
    04-23-15 07:25 AM
    I don't think most investors look at this space as a zero sum game. It's not like there is a mobile security pie and if Mobileiron got less then Blackberry got more. Investors may look at it as a gauge of how much companies are willing to spend on mobile security.
    04-23-15 07:33 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Mobile iron will be history before too long. Any CIO considering them going forward should be fired!

Posted via CB10
    nt300 and Gatmyer like this.
    04-23-15 07:37 AM
    Mobile iron will be history before too long. Any CIO considering them going forward should be fired!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not so sure. My company has had BES 5, BES 10 (soon 12) and MobileIron for years... We were in the first 50 companies to start with MobileIron. Although they frustrate me, they are surprisingly forward thinking. We have issues with them for sure, but for the most part, they are outdoing the competition. Our shop might drop them eventually if BES12 blows us away (which is my hope..). However, I've been happy with MobileIron for the most part.
    04-23-15 07:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've heard those same words applied to BlackBerry for years!

This Passport takes me places!
    shahyaz likes this.
    04-23-15 09:53 AM
    MobileIron will be the next M&A for someone at a bargain basement price. As the shares approach zero and everyone gets sued some 'angel' will save them. More like get them for a song and a dance.
    04-23-15 03:51 PM
    Microsoft is starting to throwing its weight around in the MDM/EMM space so MobileIron could be an acquisition target for them if they can't meet reduced expectations.
    04-23-15 04:07 PM
    So, latest news:

So, having in mind that they never had profit, not planning to have one (said in their latest earnings report) and now - CFO leaving, dropping his $1M in shares - can we say that MI is doomed?
    They're feeding off "Investor story time", just like so many startups and software companies.

This is a fantastic (imho), albeit a bit of a lengthy read, that explains how it's done. Also about advertising and consumer privacy, highly recommended :

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...al-sin/376041/

BlackBerry does generate and needs to generate real revenue. Chen knows that. BBM needs to make real money, that's why we're getting "spammed" and inconvenienced a bit, but they don't have some start-up investors or "venture capitalists" lying around somewhere who they can hit up for more dough... :-)

(edit: the real Prem has already done his share)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-23-15 05:31 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Microsoft is starting to throwing its weight around in the MDM/EMM space so MobileIron could be an acquisition target for them if they can't meet reduced expectations.
    Nah... mobile iron will be in the scrap heap before too long.. never profitable and burning initial IPO cash fast...

CIO's would be wise to stay away from this quickly fading small company.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 05:15 AM
    BlackBerry is the king in MDM/EMM with its BES12 solutions. Companies like Mobileiron and Good were looking forward to picking up BlackBerry scraps. They even went as far as to lie to customers about BBRY's demise. They deserve to go bust/under.

Sexy White Z30....
    04-27-15 12:33 PM
    Nah... mobile iron will be in the scrap heap before too long.. never profitable and burning initial IPO cash fast...

Posted via CB10
    That would make it a perfect cheap MS target. They are willing to pour hundreds of millions of dollars carving their place in a space ie XBox, Surface, Lumia. and MS has extensive enterprise experience.
    04-27-15 10:08 PM
    MobileIron will be the next M&A for someone at a bargain basement price. As the shares approach zero and everyone gets sued some 'angel' will save them. More like get them for a song and a dance.
    Yeap, perhaps BlackBerry would buy them if they got cheap and have some interesting patents.
    I'm sure BB is looking for that opportunity as they were snapping some other security related orgs.
    04-27-15 10:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Small indeed.

I work for a company which nobody has ever or will ever hear of (like %90 us )

We do about 6 mil/yr

My checks good so all is well

My question is how can a 36 mil/yr company make sooooo much noise in the space??

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:24 PM

My question is how can a 36 mil/yr company make sooooo much noise in the space??

Posted via CB10
    Financial backers make the noise. They want to get bought out of there positions.
    04-28-15 08:12 AM
    I think Mobiliron's (and Good Technology's) initial business plan was hugely dependant on Blackberry going out of business leaving them as one of the few serious EMM players.

Their sales pitch must have partly focused on giving BES customers a Plan B in the case of Blackberry's demise. Their investors (and their customers) must be starting to realise that Blackberry is going to be around for the foreseeable future and I expect their investors will be looking for a buyout now to at least recoup some of the their investment. Further, with BES12 making more headway with larger organizations, Mobiliron's prospects will look more grim over time which will only serve to accelerate this process.

I'm sure Blackberry's refocusing on enterprise software was their worst nightmare !
    04-28-15 08:32 AM
    I think Mobiliron's (and Good Technology's) initial business plan was hugely dependant on Blackberry going out of business leaving them as one of the few serious EMM players.

Their sales pitch must have partly focused on giving BES customers a Plan B in the case of Blackberry's demise. Their investors (and their customers) must be starting to realise that Blackberry is going to be around for the foreseeable future and I expect their investors will be looking for a buyout now to at least recoup some of the their investment. Further, with BES12 making more headway with larger organizations, Mobiliron's prospects will look more grim over time which will only serve to accelerate this process.

I'm sure Blackberry's refocusing on enterprise software was their worst nightmare !
    Chenminated... :-)

04-29-15 05:19 PM
    Yeap, perhaps BlackBerry would buy them if they got cheap and have some interesting patents.
    I'm sure BB is looking for that opportunity as they were snapping some other security related orgs.
    The problem with mobile iron is that there is nothing to buy at the moment. They are uncompetitive in the EMM space and living off scraps. I don't think BlackBerry views them as a competitor like IBM or less so Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 10:25 AM
    Same can be said of BlackBerry with their reduced revenue year over year plus poor BES12 conversion rate.
    05-17-15 11:06 AM
    Same can be said of BlackBerry with their reduced revenue year over year plus poor BES12 conversion rate.
    This comment was bound to happen. No offense... :-)

05-17-15 05:01 PM
    This comment was bound to happen.
    It happened earlier too. Lol
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    05-17-15 05:46 PM
    It happened earlier too. Lol
    ;-)

05-22-15 02:07 AM
    Now the question is, is BlackBerry's business sales teams making weekly sales calls to companies using Mobile Iron, telling them Mobile Iron is dead, or soon will be and making the most of this? I hope so. BlackBerry as a company needs to get much more aggressive across the board, in all areas. They have been far too reactionary and complacent over the years.

Posted with my Z30
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    05-22-15 07:20 AM
    Now the question is, is BlackBerry's business sales teams making weekly sales calls to companies using Mobile Iron, telling them Mobile Iron is dead, or soon will be and making the most of this? I hope so.
    Fear mongering is not a very good sales strategy because others can speak the same of BlackBerry.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    05-22-15 04:03 PM
    Fear mongering is not a very good sales strategy because others can speak the same of BlackBerry.
    Agree with that assessment... :-)

05-24-15 04:12 AM
    Agree with that assessment... :-)

Worked for others to get companies to try competing MDM solutions when BlackBerry was for sale.

Posted via Z30
    05-24-15 05:37 AM
28 12