They translated the terms of service because it's a LEGAL document that you HAVE to show in any country where the device is sold.

Blackberry doesn't have the money Google or Apple does, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Blackberry could have just not bothered selling BB10 devices in your country, instead they decided to sell them there with NO indication they would include your language, and your mad they haven't done it.

Blackberry should have just not sold BB10 devices in your country, and then there wouldn't be this issue, right?

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-24-15 06:02 PM
    And it has NOTHING to do with racism... saying blackberry is racist is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

Let me guess, the Olympics are racist because they only use English and French as their languages.

What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:03 PM
    They translated the terms of service because it's a LEGAL document that you HAVE to show in any country where the device is sold.

Blackberry doesn't have the money Google or Apple does, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Blackberry could have just not bothered selling BB10 devices in your country, instead they decided to sell them there with NO indication they would include your language, and your mad they haven't done it.

Blackberry should have just not sold BB10 devices in your country, and then there wouldn't be this issue, right?

Posted via CB10
    As I understand that Blackberry really do not want to sell devices, because it's not acceptable in today's market.

And sorry, but I don't believe that they need soo much money to translate OS or at least make keyboard letters. I don't believe. And it just look unprofessional, insecure if they can't even afford that.
    09-24-15 06:11 PM
    And it has NOTHING to do with racism... saying blackberry is racist is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

Let me guess, the Olympics are racist because they only use English and French as their languages.

What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    That was a joke, which is also actual in today's society.
    09-24-15 06:13 PM
    Blackberry OS 10 was released two years ago, very young OS.
    That's the reason. Compare with android and ios released 7-8 years ago
    09-24-15 06:18 PM
    Here you go:

Blackberry 10 OS: Complete List of Supported Languages on BlackBerry 10; We got Hindi & Many More! - BBin

iOS: iOS 9 Feature Availability - Apple

Android: http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-ena...alaxy-devices/

Numbers of supported Languages:
    Blackberry 10 OS: 33
    iOS: 67
    Android: 80

And what you can say about now? huh? Everything is good? ) pathetic to me.
    That's not good definetly!!!
    Thanks for the data this makes your arguments underlined and stronger counting.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:38 PM
    That's not good definetly!!!
    Thanks for the data this makes your arguments underlined and stronger counting.

Posted via CB10
    UPDATE

Blackberry 10 OS: 34
    Windows Phone: 54

Links:

Blackberry 10 OS: http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...inkId=17306407

iOS: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=7K6TAt-n

Android: http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-ena...alaxy-devices/

Windows Phone: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396

Blackberry 10 OS is only one who do not have Lithuanian language.
    09-25-15 03:28 AM
    It's coming in BlackBerry slider
    and I heard it's coming in 10.4 too...
    powereds likes this.
    09-25-15 04:20 AM
    you are 100% right. Blackberry was and is a little regional company who thinks to be a giant.
    09-25-15 04:37 AM
    It's coming in BlackBerry slider
    and I heard it's coming in 10.4 too...
    So I see only after 10.4 OS version is coming out and only if it will be fully translated in all languages we will start to see Blackberry devices sales changes in global market. Today it fails - starting from this issue.
    09-25-15 06:30 AM
    Blackberry OS 10 was released two years ago, very young OS.
    That's the reason. Compare with android and ios released 7-8 years ago
    What it is in common with translating OS?
    09-25-15 06:34 AM
    What it is in common with translating OS?
    It takes time and resources.

Ios and andriod have added languages since launch.

Really not that hard to understand.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:59 AM
    It's good to raise issues and discuss them, seek solutions, etc. But now you need to go out, get a coffee, relax. Maybe talk to people about something else. Weather, sports, etc. Step back and chill. Because now, you're flogging a dead horse and getting nowhere.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:09 AM
    Strong message for Blackberry Team. Everyone must read!

Who say's "It's pretty clear the masses don't want BlackBerry 10" it's so far from the truth. I will tell you the truth folks, but before I start I will be pretty clear that I'm also die hard Blackberry 10 OS user, but not that iDiots level. I see clearly what it's wrong with it and I will tell it straight and my words not suppose to be offending, but clearing things up to help Blackberry hear what it needs to do, ok, they can not listen what customers wants, but they must once and for all finally hear what customers needs, needs and needs.
    OK, talking about the truth, I will tell you why people refuse to buy 10 OS devices and why carriers stopped selling and even demanded to their customers not to buy Blackberry 10 devices and it will be not about lack of apps and it will be only facts.

+yes, you can make success in North America just on the languages provided alone with the phone, that's what Blackberry trying with Priv and that's why today it's not enough to take only North American market with OS because OS became depended from worldwide market and for app developers only North American market is not enough, that's why Blackberry put android OS on Priv. Why they did that? Because android is global OS, translated to every single language and everyone can use it so everyone is making apps for it. Logically? Why other fruit devices has huge success? Same story, OS is global, translated to every single language and everyone can use it so everyone is making apps for it. What is going on with 10 OS? OS is not global, it's not translated to every single language, just in few and not everyone can use it, no global market so that's why not everyone, just specific developers works with it. I do not know why Blackberry is thinking like it is 2005. To interest app developers you must create global OS today not specific just for North Americans.

1st Fact. Why people refuse to buy or why masses don't want Blackberry 10 devices? and it will be not about lack of apps. It's more clear to me that Blackberry itself do not want to sell Blackberry 10 OS devices to masses and I will tell you why. The reason is very simple - Blackberry 10 OS is not translated to the most of European languages. To be more clear, Blackberry 10 OS has least OS translation in the OS market, here's the facts:

Now it's easy to say why masses do not buy Blackberry 10 OS devices, they want Blackberry 10 devices, but they can not use it not because they don't want - they need native translations to understand how to use Blackberry devices. Blackberry 10 OS devices do not have most OS translations of European languages, this is another stupid unfinished homework and if Blackberry keep it going by way of software updates, for at least two more updates, OS translation should be done in the first place. even if Blackberry Priv android version will not have same translations as other android devices, masses will not buy even this Priv android version and it's a fact. It's the same if I started to sell a book in Canada or USA but it would be written in Lithuanian language and I would say no one wants to buy my books. And still saying masses do not want Blackberry 10 OS devices? Clear about that? Ok, moving forward.

2nd Fact. Why people refuse to buy or why masses don't want Blackberry 10 devices 2nd part? And again it will be not about lack of apps. Since Blackberry claims that you will get best keyboard experience, but it doesn't. Like with lack of OS translations, the same situation is with keyboard layouts - keyboard layouts for a most of European languages just does not exist. Do you understand how unprofessional it looks if you can't type in your native language for business people? I will say it clear - Business people do not want to look uneducated and look like they do not know how to type in native language. If Blackberry is claiming I will get best keyboard experience so there is Lithuanian language layout and these letters: ąčęėįšųūž? If Blackberry Priv Blackberry Keyboard is also lack of language layouts as 10 OS, masses will not buy Priv too. This is a fact why masses do not and will not buy Blackberry 10 OS or Privdroid devices even if they wanted to, they just can't because of this unfinished stupid homework.

3rd Fact. And you will hate me. Blackberry HUB - everything in one place, sorry but no. 6 OS and 7 OS got a "Messages" app and it is pretty the same like HUB today on 10 OS there indeed was everything in one place, today Blackberry HUB is a worse version of "Messages" app. In 6&7OS "Messages" app I could find everything I did, for example: facebook, twitter, foursquare and etc - in "Messages" app I can see and find what I liked on facebook, what I commented on facebook or post I created, no need to go to Facebook, Twitter or etc. apps to search what I commented or liked photos I liked, in other words MY every move like my likes, comments, post and etc was on "Messages" app, but today with Blackberry HUB I can only see what others commented to me or what others liked my post/comments and that's it and only others, no my likes, my comments, my post and so HUB lost its charm if you compare to old 6&7OS "Messages" app. You can hate me, but I hate that Blackberry HUB works like this, I want "Messages" app functionality back to find every my move in one place not only what others sent to me. This is what I miss the most from 10 OS HUB after 6&7OS "Messages" experience. "Messages" app used to show every single email, every single move I did with 7OS device, Blackberry HUB do not do this any more and I need it back. I hoped that Blackberry will fix HUB at least to compete with old "Messages" on 7OS devices, but they even still did not do that, so what can you expect from masses. What is the reason to downgrade functionalities on the HUB? If HUB android version is the same like on 10 OS, sad to say, but it will die soon, no one just wont use it anymore if it will not get at least same functionalities as "Messages" on 7OS devices use to have and it was great! Old 6&7OS "Messages" app was why I loved Blackberry devices in the first place.

4th Fact. Finally - lack of apps. And I think everyone will agree with me that Blackberry just need to get approved Blackberry 10 OS devices with Google Play Services and lack of apps issue would be gone forever. And if there's not app for 10 OS it is not such a big deal after all. Today most of the android apps works if it's not require Google Play Services. I personally do not care if there's not some insignificant apps, if there isn't on Blackberry World or android version requires Google Play Services, that means they don't want me to use it, if you want me to use it, make it available for Blackberry 10 otherwise F them. There are plenty and better alternatives like I found Maps.Me because Here Maps do not work and all I can say thank you Here Maps app developers, otherwise I couldn't find a better offline maps app then yours - in your face.

5th Fact. And the biggest one is - Why carriers, mobile operators or whatever you like to call it stopped selling and even demanded to their customers not to buy Blackberry 10 devices? It's all about emails and it's a fact. My carrier, Bite in Lithuania which was primary and official Blackberry devices and services seller and which influenced me personally to switch my old Nokia N93 to my first Blackberry - Torch 9800 with 6 OS and it was only because of emails. They told me that no other phone was so great with emailing so I was sold and since 1st day I was amazed how great this device was. So it was no surprise that my next upgrade was Torch 9810 and 7 OS worked even more flawlessly. But after Blackberry 10 OS - Z10 and Q10 devices was introduced everything suddenly changed. My carrier Bite after few months of sales started to get many complains that 10 OS devices do not get emails, in other words emailing just sucks, so carrier was forced to do the returns of 10OS devices. So my carrier demanded me to stick with the 7 OS or look for other alternatives like other fruit devices which was still pretty new in the market if I still want to get emails on my device. I was so frustrated and couldn't believe how Blackberry could made worse OS. I didn't had big demands for new 10 OS I just expected to have at least the same experience or a little bit better. But since day 1 with my new Z10 I felt something wrong and my carrier was right. My new 10 OS device become silent. Then the old 7 OS Torch sounded and notified me about every new email I got in a second, 10 OS still was silent, but it was not only silent but it also did not show any emails at all in the main HUB, only option was to manually by myself to check every single folder to see if there was any new emails or not. This is frustrating and it never was normal to me because 7 OS always show every single email I got if it was on inbox or just skipped to go straight to specific labels. I found out that Blackberry HUB main list which notifies about new emails only shows emails which are on inbox or from sent mail folder, that's it. Just after Blackberry Blend was out I can proof it is a huge bug which must be fixed. Bug is with "Show Read Filed Emails" button - it works only with Blackberry Blend desktop version, but do not work with 10 OS devices itself, you can see all your emails only on Blackberry Blend, but still empty on Blackberry HUB main list itself + no notifications at all. On 7 OS this button then you turn on is called "Hide Filed Messages", maybe this is why "Show Read Filed Emails" on 10 OS and "Hide Filed Messages" on 7 OS, I mean "Show" and "Hide" then you turn on it still always hidden on 10 OS, but not on Blackberry Blend, I think they did not change the code of that button then you turn on to "Show" emails but they are still "Hidden" and that's why it's always works as hidden on devices itself, but with Blackberry Blend this button works flawlessly, how can you explain that? Blackberry must fix this awful bug if they want to get back their trust of carriers and customers who had this awful experience and was forced to throw away 10 OS devices and switch to competitors because of this I will call - a stupid unfinished homework, and it's insane to tell that today this issue is still not fixed, I tried in every single way to tell them but with no results and I will tell you straight - workarounds is not an option, they must to fix this button, or they just do not want to understand and doing it in purpose since 10 OS came out to kill it in the first place. Hope I'm wrong.

6th Fact. What if I told you that masses here in Lithuania (Europe) even forced my carrier Bite at least to put Blackberry Passport back on sale? Can't be more clear about masses needs. If you understand that I'm talking about global market, not only about USA or Canada. If here you do not buy Blackberry 10 OS because it's not cool any more, in Europe is vise versa, other fruit devices is not cool anymore and nobody is surprised if you take it from your pocket, but with Blackberry 10 OS is a different story, everyone is surprised and in the very good way and the only reason why we still buy other fruit devices is because it meets the above listed basic needs, which Blackberry 10 OS today - does not, and I hope in upcoming next 10 OS updates, it will be done and Blackberry finally be surprised how little they needed to do all this time to make masses want Blackberry 10 OS. Masses can not buy 10 OS devices because they need native OS translation and native keyboard layouts they need even more and the last fact is that masses wants Blackberry 10 OS devices, just Blackberry needs to finish it's unfinished stupid homework:

1) Fix "Show Read Filed Emails" button to work like "Hide Filed Messages" button on 6&7OS not only with Blackberry Blend desktop version, but also with Blackberry 10 OS devices itself.
    2) Translate OS at least to all European languages, so masses could use native languages to understand what button's and menu list's means so masses could finally use Blackberry 10 OS devices.
    3) Put every single known language keyboard layout, so masses finally could type all letters and feel indeed the best keyboard experience.
    4) Make Blackberry HUB to see not only what others sent you but also every your move itself like it used to be with 6&7OS "Messages" app.

it's about almost 3rd year Blackberry did not move forward with these few issues. I'm seriously frustrated because it's more clearly now that there's very little BlackBerry 10 development going on at this point if any. And they are making a huge mistake. Ok then, just finish your god damm homework's Blackberry, make 10 OS flawless. Do not want to develop? Then better just finish what you have started and fix "Show Read Filed Emails" button, Translate OS and put Keyboard layouts at least to Windows Phone level and make Blackberry HUB work like "Messages" app use to work with all apps and emails on 7OS and then see what will happen. I guarantee you will be surprised. They do not even try to go to Europe market and what the hell is this?? I do not understand then why they bother to spend time and money to translate license and agreements into Lithuanian and in every other European languages if they did not even bother to translate 10 OS itself in the first place? And saying masses do not want Blackberry 10 it just makes no sense. I'm shore they can afford to finish these homework's since they spend so much after all. Just this little need to do to make it sell, what need to be said more to prove it and convince them? Doesn't it makes it clear that not masses but Blackberry itself do not want Blackberry 10 OS to be successful since the beginning? Am I wrong? So why they made Blackberry HUB with downgraded "Messages" app features and with the huge bug with labeled emails? Why only few keyboard layouts are on their best keyboards? Why 10 OS itself is not translated into all European languages? Am I still wrong? Then I need a proof that I'm wrong.

+ If only lack of apps was a truly first worlds problem, so why Windows Phones has 2,6% and Blackberry has just 0,3% worldwide market share today? I think Windows Phone got a much bigger gap in apps then Blackberry 10 OS since you can install almost every android app so why Whindows Phone worldwide market share is bigger, though Blackberry has a huge advantage with android apps? Again, no OS translations.

If Blackberry 10 OS got at least the same number of supported Languages, Blackberry would get at least the same or maybe even much higher worldwide market share than Windows Phone or maybe it could even cut off a big slice from Android itself, why? Because it support most of android apps, why it's not happening? Again, no OS translations. Not everyone needs apps, most of the people do not even use apps, most of the people just need a device they can understand and use, but Blackberry 10 OS does not even have a chance to compete in so many regions, thats why Windows Phone and android devices and even other fruit devices has bigger worldwide market share, because they all have global OS, everyone understand how to use it, it looks like Blackberry doing it in purpose. Fact is if 10 OS had at least all European translations (don't know about other lack translation regions) it could crush Windows Phone and took a nice slice from android market if OS was global. Today it's not even in the stores here in Europe because of this. Now Blackberry trying to do this by becoming another droid developer, so stupid. They just need to translate OS to become global and watch how people around the world at last can use it and type on it, how worldwide market share grows and at last more and more app developers getting more interest to take a slice from Blackberry OS market.

I believe if Blackberry with upcoming 10 OS updates fixed at least these three first unfinished homework's, it would be a game changer for Blackberry 10 OS and I could say at last Blackberry is back in the game with this greatest OS on the market and masses could finally buy and use Blackberry 10 OS devices and force carriers like my carrier was forced to put back this time not only Blackberry Passport on sale, but all 10 OS devices and after this app developers like snapchat, instagram and etc will see the opportunity and would be forced too to make native Blackberry 10 OS apps if they wanted to cut off a large slice of Blackberry 10 users market to use they services. I hope this will become a reality and don't get me wrong, after all I love Blackberry 10 OS, just asking Blackberry - Please at least finish these first three yours unfinished stupid homework's I wrote above on your next updates to make 10 OS perfect to masses, not only to specific regions, I still believe, that Blackberry 10 OS can move forward and this Privraped droid device was only a short-term misunderstanding and Blackberry will stop this madness and will not force masses to move forward with other fruit or droid devices ever again just because of these small unfinished stupid homework's.
    Can they finish these homework's or just die not even trying? I'm look forward to all of your reply.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 12-09-15 at 04:13 PM.
    Asvertus likes this.
    12-09-15 07:00 AM
    [lang. / KB] Why Blackberry 10 devices not popular and it's not about apps?-amused-bill-hader-eating-popcorn.jpg

Warning : everybody play nice, please. Discuss args.
    12-09-15 07:50 AM
    Pass that popcorn over...
    12-09-15 07:56 AM
    I mostly agree with you. And adding another point. Why my Classic has � key despite my country does not use euros as currency? Why there's no @ key?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 08:07 AM
    Pass that popcorn over...
    or a bottle of wine

But the facts remain apps are a big issue. It's why i left BlackBerry
    andy957 likes this.
    12-09-15 08:19 AM
    Didn't you post this exact same thread 2 or 3 months ago?

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    12-09-15 09:06 AM

I was thinking that myself, it sounds familiar

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 09:19 AM
    Thanks for that eagle vison Kynodoom !
    Thread closed, please proceed here:

Edit : appears it's the same title, not the same topic. Thread re-opended.
    Also edited title to avoid further confusion.
    Sorry, OP.
    12-09-15 09:20 AM
    If only we could bring the 12 Lithuanians into the fold, BB10 would be saved.

Nevermind the .3% market share in North America.
    Last edited by conite; 12-09-15 at 10:39 AM.
    12-09-15 09:25 AM
    If only we could bring the 12 Lithuanians into the fold, BlackBerry would be saved.

Nevermind the .3% market share in North America.
    With that attitude you will never go up from 0,3% global market share, right? Do not ever underestimate 12 Lithuanians and Eastern Europe power of sales force. While you are whining about small market share vs North America, Windows Phone are in all carriers front shelves and selling and are happy and surprised about big sales they have here and they got better global market share result, right? If 10 OS was translated, Blackberry sell better then WP and they could be new Nokia here which was #1 back in the days. + I was talking about all European market which is huge, but you need EU translations to enter it and yes and even Lithuanian, but Blackberry do not even try to do it.
    12-09-15 10:36 AM
    Strong message for Blackberry Team. Everyone must read!
    Okay...

But you're missing the number of languages BBOS 7 and older had.

I don't know what it is, but your argument can't compare BB10 with apparent BBOS success unless you state the languages BBOS included. You mention BBOS in you later "facts".

But, back to your "languages" fact. Why is BB10 also a failure everywhere where the included languages IS NOT AN ISSUE. By your reasoning, BB10 should have been a resounding success in North America just on the languages provided alone.

On your 5th "fact". I can't say that I have any problem with emails - never did. Still don't. I get notified on every email I get on two different accounts and account types - one IMAP, and one Exchange (which BBOS never natively worked with, by the way). In fact, I can't figure out what your problem with the email in the Hub actually is - your description doesn't make much sense to me about what you are doing.
    12-09-15 10:43 AM
    The title reads the same as "Why fish die out of water and it's not about breathing?"
    conite and JeepBB like this.
    12-09-15 11:00 AM
358 1234 ...