Yes, BB10 is the best mobile OS. It is, because QNX is the best OS amongst popular OSs. QNX is the best, because it is a hard realtime OS while all other popular OS such as UNIX, OS/2, Windows etc are non-realtime.

No, BlackBerry didn't develop BB10 very much.

BB10 still has a chance if it goes open-source. Otherwise it will die slowly and certainly, just like OS/2.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-20-15 07:53 AM
    I agree with OP, I was a Fandroid before started using BB10. I have never been shy of trying different OS's and phones over the years and I have come to a firm conclusion that BB10 is the best mobile OS out there.

Now at the same time BB10 is not the most popular OS, BB10 doesn't have the best ecosystem, and also not the most widely used. But, this doesn't mean BB10 is not the best OS, it is actually the best out there.

Recently for work because lack of apps I got myself a Nexus phone and it lasted me a good two weeks. It froze every couple of hours and the only way to get it fixed was to power off the phone, while on BB10 if the freezes give it a few seconds then minimize and close it. Problem solved. iOS same thing once it is frozen you can't do anything about it but to force shutdown the phone. I can't say much about Windows phone because I have not had much experience with them.

When it comes to multi tasking BB10 is truly light years ahead.
    Example: open a browser on each of the popular OS's go to YouTube.com and play something, while the video is playing open another tab in the browser and you will see what I mean. Just a perfect example of realtime OS and realtime multi-tasking.

There are so many advantages of BB10 that other OS's are not even close but at the same time I understand that there are a lot of people who just care about the apps and nothing else, which is why they think that either Android or iOS is superior to BB10.

Everything I have written above are facts. Just solely compare the OSs and nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 03:09 PM
    Yes, BB10 is the best mobile OS. It is, because QNX is the best OS amongst popular OSs. QNX is the best, because it is a hard realtime OS while all other popular OS such as UNIX, OS/2, Windows etc are non-realtime.

BB10 still has a chance if it goes open-source. Otherwise it will die slowly and certainly, just like OS/2.

Please enlighten us as to why an RTOS is unequivocally better choice for a mobile operating system?
    11-20-15 03:45 PM
    Yes it is!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 01:58 AM
    So I just got on to a BlackBerry Classic within the last week. I have used both Android (for years) and IOs (very short term). I keep wondering what did BB do wrong who did this not get more market penitration? It's like it was just thrown by the way side and not thought about. My wife picked up my classic for about 10 minutes and played with it and instantly wanted one. Even though it's lower spec than her current phone she loved the form factor, OS, and physical keyboard.

After watching many video reviews I really just don't get what these so called experts are talking about. None of the complaints they have leveled at the device are things I have experienced.

The OS is totally solid, feature full, and a joy to use. I think it was just people got all caught up in the android and Iphone thing.

But think about it BlackBerry is a premium phone running a custom OS. One of these things can easily make it though 3 - 5 years of service. An android device looks like it's been through hell after 2 years and is nearly impossible to use any longer.

Maybe the media attention over the Priv will make people think about BB again and look at all their options. I am hoping BB10 gets more focus. I just switched to BB10 don't make me go back to android.
    akavbb likes this.
    11-21-15 09:19 PM
    For productivity, yes, for sure.

Passport SE
    11-22-15 03:56 AM
    By far and away, BB10, is the best mobile OS. It only lacked 3rd party app support. Otherwise no other OS holds a candle to it.

11-22-15 06:33 AM
    Yep. Simply the best

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 06:46 AM
    Please enlighten us as to why an RTOS is unequivocally better choice for a mobile operating system?
    Developers put much more efforts to construct and/or verify that an OS is hard realtime -- i.e. every action performed by the OS not only eventually completes but also completes in time. Thanks to advanced construction and verification, failures are less likely to occur, the OS is more reliable and becomes better choice in domains where availability is critical. Mobile is IMO one of them.

DrBoomBotz likes this.
    11-22-15 08:04 AM
    Smartphone mission critical? Sure. Why not?

I would guess the real-world benefit to most users would be smoother video playback and little else.
    The real-world drawback would be lower throughput for bulk data transfer.
    11-22-15 07:26 PM
    Developers put much more efforts to construct and/or verify that an OS is hard realtime -- i.e. every action performed by the OS not only eventually completes but also completes in time. Thanks to advanced construction and verification, failures are less likely to occur, the OS is more reliable and becomes better choice in domains where availability is critical. Mobile is IMO one of them.

Now can you do that without the marketing speak and put it in technical terms?

Feel free to keep it simple and discuss the pros/cons of userland app performance. Or possibly kernel driver blocking. Or IO operations on a non-simple system.
    11-22-15 07:43 PM
    Now can you do that without the marketing speak and put it in technical terms?

Feel free to keep it simple and discuss the pros/cons of userland app performance. Or possibly kernel driver blocking. Or IO operations on a non-simple system.
    You seem to know what you are talking about. Can you talk about QNX versus Linux as a mobile kernel. From what I have learned QNX is pretty neat but I don't see much real world advantage over Linux in this context.
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    12-12-15 04:49 AM
    I totally agree.

As far as the operating system goes, Blackberry 10.3 is the best technology on the market. The user interface is fast, fluid, and uncluttered. Gesture navigation is intuitive. Multitasking actually works properly. The shortcut menu is versatile, efficient, and comes with handy things such as a flash light and the ability to change the layout. The hub and BBM on a BB10 device are excellent. Cursor management on a touch screen is also excellent.

The only issues with BlackBerry 10 are that app developers decided not to release and/or support/update their apps and that it took two years for Blackberry to get the OS polished. Prior to 10.2, BB10 had some usability issues that were off putting.

That said, I find Android 5.1 to be a reasonable replacement for BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    12-26-15 01:53 PM
    You seem to know what you are talking about. Can you talk about QNX versus Linux as a mobile kernel. From what I have learned QNX is pretty neat but I don't see much real world advantage over Linux in this context.
    I would argue that a real time scheduler is probably a net disadvantage on battery powered mobile devices, because it limits opportunities to coalesce work. And conversely, modern mobile processors and schedulers are more than capable of keeping up with tasks that used to require an RTOS, but without those scheduling constraints.

The Android team thought the same when they looked at options early on. Microsoft did also, when they dropped their own mobile RTOS in favor of the scheduler they use now.

Processors have come a long way. The Linux (and Windows and Mach) schedulers have come a long way as well and are highly optimized at this point for small battery powered devices.
    12-26-15 02:13 PM
    It certainly is an opinion, and you're welcomed to it, but saying it's a fact doesn't make it a fact.
    Android, iOS and Windows doesn't operate like BB10. BB10 is pure elegance , intuitive and smart. You will "Never " get that same feel with another OS.

Swiping, Gestures, App Design, etc., are 100% far Superior to Android and iOS.

The main issue is people don't know about BB10. That blame falls square on the companies board and CEO, CO and so on. They all contributed to messing up BB10's true potential.

So yes based on Truth & Facts, BB10 is FAR SUPERIOR.

Rocking a Z30
    12-27-15 07:15 PM
    Android, iOS and Windows doesn't operate like BB10. BB10 is pure elegance , intuitive and smart. You will "Never " get that same feel with another OS.

The main issue is people don't know about BB10. That blame falls square on the companies board and CEO, CO and so on. They all contributed to messing up BB10's true potential.

Rocking a Z30

Bright blue is the BEST color without a doubt!
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-27-15 07:42 PM

Rocking a Z30
    YOUR VERSION of truth and facts.

*C5303
    12-27-15 07:54 PM
    at every opportunity, throw egg in the face of the last of the mohicans.
    This made my day.
    12-27-15 08:19 PM
    Actually Windows Mobile is the best OS ever produced especially when it was paired with capacitive touch screens ;-)
    12-27-15 09:40 PM
    The core OS is pretty nice. Quick and efficient.

The final product with the whistles and bells added.... Opinions vary greatly.

Some prefer Android, iOS, or Windows.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-27-15 09:56 PM
    Reflective of the current mobile market, that is. There is no reason why someone who buys an HTC device shouldn't be able to use whatever damn OS they choose on their device. Licensing, yes. But open up that licensing to the consumer rather than the manufacturers and see what happens. Right now, if you want a Samsung device, you get Android. If you want a Nokia, you get WP, etc. The market would be blown wide open if there were true choice in the market. And there is a good chance the Google would have to open up the Play Store to every OS regardless of the bogus OHA, which is really just a way for the big G to keep everyone's data within their grasp.
    Because that wouldn't cause support issues at all.....
    Ronindan and JeepBB like this.
    12-28-15 02:32 AM
    Because that wouldn't cause support issues at all.....
    Sorry, your post has to much logic in it ;-)
    12-28-15 10:08 AM
    The best OS is usually the one that you "grew up" using. If you go over to webOSNation forum, you can get plenty of them to expound on how they never found anything that was as good as Palm OS. It's similar to how most of our favorite cars were the ones that were popular when we were teenagers - whenever that was.
    Uzi and Tien-Lin Chang like this.
    12-28-15 10:28 AM
    I cannot understand how it is that a company building the right devices, the right software

But at the wrong time...

Carry on.
    12-28-15 12:36 PM

It'll never go open source
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-28-15 12:54 PM
60 123