I just wanted to post a comment about the irony of what blackberry did for me and probably others with os10.

By removing the track pad, call, and end buttons, they essentially forced me to adapt to a touchscreen device for text selection and other features. Other missteps such as no speed dial on release and no application shortcuts for the q10 showed me how to work around their issues.

I still believe the old blackberry design is superior and will try the q20. But what they have done is shown me that I don't lose any thing by moving to android. If any thing, I gain more apps.

I now have a galaxy s5 and the experience is so much better than what I had with the q10. Even typing isn't so bad. Only a day of use and I feel like I'm pretty proficient.

I hope someone at blackberry realizes that the hardware made them different and someone really screwed up by moving away from that.

That's it. I love blackberry, but they tried too hard to be like the competition to the point where there is no difference for someone like me now.
    04-13-14 03:07 PM
    I still prefer BlackBerry. I don't like the Droid OS.
    raw_dog, anon721037 and chgaida like this.
    04-13-14 03:36 PM
    I have my nephews S4 with me and the more I play with it the more I realize my Z10 is too small and bulky.
    I love the BlackBerry 10 OS more than any version Android though. I agree BlackBerry needs to work on Hardware appeal. I still chose BlackBerry over the others. My Q10 balance me out

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 03:41 PM
    I'd venture to say that if you find Android OS smoother than BB10 you either:

- did not / did not have to make optimum use of the BB10 as to take advantage off all it offers especially and above all - workflow
    - are an app person that's finally made the move to app wonderland (no offence meant!)

I grab occasionally the wife's kitkat galaxy and every time leave it perplexed mostly as to how scattered the OS is. I might need more time with it, but I don't need to invest that right now as my BlackBerry does all I need.

I'd be curious though if you could elaborate a bit on the smooth experience?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Qurve; 04-13-14 at 04:02 PM.
    Ray UM, CpE CKS, wincyUt and 4 others like this.
    04-13-14 03:52 PM
    This. Is the very reason I switched to BB10. But cool story.

Posted via CB10
    Ray UM, chgaida and KMan4444 like this.
    04-13-14 03:59 PM

- did not / did not have to make optimum use of the BB10 as to take advantage off all it offers especially and above all - workflow
    - are an app person that's finally made the move to app wonderland (no offence meant!)

I grab occasionally the wife's kitkat galaxy and every time leave perplexed mostly as to how scattered the OS is. I might need more time with it, but I don't need to invest that right now as my BlackBerry does all I need.

Id be curious though if you could elaborate a bit on the smooth experience?

Posted via CB10
    Touchwiz is a very very scattered trademark of Samsung's skinned OS
    pantlesspenguin and BB_Junky like this.
    04-13-14 04:01 PM
    I just wanted to post a comment about the irony of what blackberry did for me and probably others with os10.

By removing the track pad, call, and end buttons, they essentially forced me to adapt to a touchscreen device for text selection and other features. Other missteps such as no speed dial on release and no application shortcuts for the q10 showed me how to work around their issues.

I still believe the old blackberry design is superior and will try the q20. But what they have done is shown me that I don't lose any thing by moving to android. If any thing, I gain more apps.

I now have a galaxy s5 and the experience is so much better than what I had with the q10. Even typing isn't so bad. Only a day of use and I feel like I'm pretty proficient.

I hope someone at blackberry realizes that the hardware made them different and someone really screwed up by moving away from that.

That's it. I love blackberry, but they tried too hard to be like the competition to the point where there is no difference for someone like me now.
    The touchscreens are inevitable if you are looking to stay updated simply for biometrics Okay BlackBerry is it's own manufacturer but it's still a cellular device connected to satellites & used for the sole purpose of communication just like every other company w/o a trackwheel or tripletapkeypad navigated phone

So you are pointing the finger at a puppet when really you can just rid yourself whole of electronic technology if you feel that deeply about it because telepathy was once the only language of life

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 04:23 PM
    Great story, but why wouldn't you have tried the Z30, since you loved BlackBerry so much. Hmmmmm

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-13-14 04:23 PM
    It's cool but android forums is that way.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    04-13-14 04:32 PM
    I just noticed that you went with a 9900 because the Q10 was inferior. Now boom to a S5? Somethings fishy.

anon721037 and wincyUt like this.
    04-13-14 04:33 PM
    Great story, but why wouldn't you have tried the Z30, since you loved BlackBerry so much. Hmmmmm

What he said. I could be a troll that call BS on the OP but instead I will just call them narrow visioned. A simple look into BB's handset offerings and they would have seen the Z30 which is the direct competitor of the S series phone. The Z10 is more of the answer to the iPhone. Some people just don't get it.....

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3, vagos2006 and stlabrat like this.
    04-13-14 04:34 PM

Just want to point out that just because you say something doesn't make it true.

I bought a Z10 and subsequently a Z30 because of BB10. The OS *is* different from iOS and Android, and in my opinion, much better. The screw-up wasn't in moving away from the old style (though I have mixed feelings about bringing in the Q20), but in not adapting to changes in the market earlier on.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 04:45 PM

So you are pointing the finger at a puppet when really you can just rid yourself whole of electronic technology if you feel that deeply about it because telepathy was once the only language of life

Posted via CB10
    I think you just read my mind.
    anon721037 and Jr1202 like this.
    04-13-14 04:48 PM
    "even typing isn't so bad" LOL your quite the salesman Ill have to pick up an inferior device tommorow as well.
    04-13-14 04:52 PM
    The irony is that BlackBerry tried to cater to consumers wishes and then they (the consumer) turn around now and say I miss the old BBOS, when most kept saying how it was old and outdated and they wanted bigger screens with touchscreen capabilities. It's no wonder they are going back to their roots. How can you expect BlackBerry to understand what the consumers want when most consumers don't know either. It's a vicious cycle amongst consumers. That is just my opinion and don't expect others to agree. I for one, love the new BB10 experience.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    Pdinos3, Qurve, Ray UM and 6 others like this.
    04-13-14 04:56 PM
    It's cool but android forums is that way.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:27 PM
    Totally agree!
    And as to the 'going back to roots' which seems so much the 'rage' these days doesn't it by default mean go back in time and against the clock? Roots are supposed to be down there in the ground so that you can extract support from them but for something that has grown from them! Seems to me that the Q20 is facing a limbo start - and I can only see current Q10 users like myself giving it a try if it offers a larger screen.
    04-13-14 05:30 PM

..the irony is...you didnt say you were a BlackBerry user for years...but you did say you love BlackBerry so I guess that will suffice
    04-13-14 05:52 PM
    The BB10 OS is definitely superior.
    Was trying to help my bro-in-law yesterday as his S4 wouldn't recognise his home wifi (kept saying disabled) suddenly after almost 1.5 years of working fine and we just couldn't figure out easily what to do (forget then re-scan for the wifi, wifi ping test, etc). Went on the internet to get suggestions and the only option that seemed to work was a clean wipe...which seemed extreme for the issue. Even my wife (who has an iPhone 5) was perplexed at the complexity of it all.

Have tried to encourage them to move to BB but the lack of apps (work related not games) seemed to be the bit stalling point and even with the porting ability now, it seemed why change over if I'm going to have to use an Anriod app anyway?
    04-13-14 05:55 PM
    Almost a very compelling story...it fell apart with the supporting arguments.

Posted via CB10
    kakrutah likes this.
    04-13-14 07:05 PM
    The BB10 OS is definitely superior.
    Was trying to help my bro-in-law yesterday as his S4 wouldn't recognise his home wifi (kept saying disabled) suddenly after almost 1.5 years of working fine and we just couldn't figure out easily what to do (forget then re-scan for the wifi, wifi ping test, etc). Went on the internet to get suggestions and the only option that seemed to work was a clean wipe...which seemed extreme for the issue. Even my wife (who has an iPhone 5) was perplexed at the complexity of it all.

Have tried to encourage them to move to BB but the lack of apps (work related not games) seemed to be the bit stalling point and even with the porting ability now, it seemed why change over if I'm going to have to use an Andriod app anyway?
    yep, between that and learning curve.
    04-13-14 07:08 PM
    Workflow wise I'm handling it ok. The notifications shows me what new messages I have and I can respond to those quickly. The days of fast mult-select with the trackpad are dead, so the e-mail management is almost the same. They have toast like notifications for sms and I can reply right away, so I'm happy there.

More quick settings that I know what to do with on the s5.

The ONLY thing I really miss is the swipe up and left to the hub. And it's not so much the hub, but just the swiping fun. Now it's a button click, then click the email app.
    04-13-14 07:10 PM

Apps, speed, voice recognition, apps. Home screen widgets. Plus, the thing is freaking waterproof!

And I'll correct myself, I like blackberry's hardware buttons and shortcuts for efficiency. OS wise, I'm pretty indifferent.
    04-13-14 07:15 PM
    Almost a very compelling story...it fell apart with the supporting arguments.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not here to write an essay of why Android of the s5 is better than BB10. Just saying that all the features that made the hardware efficient kind of died with BB10...leaving no difference for me between the q10 and the s5. With the screen as large as it is, I'm having no problem typing on the screen.
    04-13-14 07:17 PM

I grab occasionally the wife's kitkat galaxy and every time leave it perplexed mostly as to how scattered the OS is. I might need more time with it, but I don't need to invest that right now as my BlackBerry does all I need.

I'd be curious though if you could elaborate a bit on the smooth experience?

Posted via CB10
    Well said. I hate my dads S4 because it lacks the features i use most on my Q. I am an app person, but i have all the apps i need. And if they arent available in BBW, snap is the thing.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    04-13-14 07:19 PM
84 123 ...