It may sound silly, or even prejudice. But looking and reading comments not only on CB (GSM Arena, Phone Arena among others) made us those live outside NA to have that perception. We may be wrong, but always new hype on this appear...
    BBRY not doing well in USA contributed by this factor?
    Would be different if BBRY based (and originated) in USA?
    Telcos in USA seems reluctant to work with BBRY.... a few examples on these recently..
    Frankly, product benefit for both iPhone and BBRY is more or less the same... with BBRY outdo iPhone in some areas. Even their president using BBRY. But then, why the "anti" BBRY in USA?
    I may be wrong, but things would be different if BBRY is American products.
    Do you think so?
    07-06-14 09:47 AM
    BB10 hasn't sold in Canada either so there really isn't much of a war going on here.
    Last edited by donnation; 07-06-14 at 10:38 AM.
    07-06-14 09:55 AM
    BB10 hasn't sold in Canada either so there really isn't much if a war going on here.
    Our company went with all Q10's, but we were always using BB before that.
    07-06-14 10:01 AM
    Our company went with all Q10's, but we were always using BB before that.
    Some American companies have done the same. It doesn't change the fact that BB10 hasn't been adopted by Canada.
    Dookieman and shaleem like this.
    07-06-14 10:02 AM
    Frankly said, no, I don't think this would be any different if BBRY were an American brand. Within all the driving factors, this is a minor one and BlackBerry has once been very popular in the US, before they simply fell behind performance wise.
    Nayalm likes this.
    I don't think it matters where the company is from. The larger problem that always plagued BB was the lack of apps. This has since been rectified, but it may be too late to change public perception now.
    We all know iphone is the most outdated phone on the market. The iphone is a tracking, listening, recording everything you do device. It's a perfect tool for governments/ authorities / police to basically know everything about you. BlackBerry is just the opposite and the elite don't want the masses to enjoy the same privilege as they do. The z30 crushes the iphone and yes so does almost every other phone on the market but the point is even though BlackBerry beats iphone it gets no respect from for obvious reasons. I believe the masses will NEVER be allowed to use BlackBerry made phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:15 AM
    Nope. Nothing to do with it all. Americans in the USA buy all kinds of products not made here. Where are Samsung products made? Where are iPhones made? Certainly not in the USA. It's difficult to find products built in the USA.

BBRY obviously hasn't made their product attractive enough for enough people to buy them. Simple as that. No conspiracy, nothing to do with where it's made. It also doesn't help at all that the company has been in such a flux that people are afraid they won't be around for long. Didn't help at all when they hung a for sale sign up either.
    07-06-14 10:23 AM
    When it comes to sales, perception is everything. Only with proper marketing and a change in the American public's perception of the BlackBerry brand, will this bleeding stop in the American market.
    kbz1960, jaydee5799 and shaleem like this.
    07-06-14 11:45 AM
    This sort of xenophobic scapegoating needs to stop. It's not as simple as us v them or whatever. Don't blame one region or the other for the woes Blackberry faces. They made their own troubles. The fault rests with them alone. Business is competitive and for the longest time Blackberry haven't been. Bottom line.
    Sent using tapatalk!
    07-06-14 11:53 AM
    The fact that BlackBerry is Canadian only matters to Canadians. That's it.

No one else cares where BB is based or that an American CEO has come in to save it.

Seriously I doubt most Americans know BB is Canadian. Very few Americans are even aware of any "rivalry" between our two countries. That seems to be an almost exclusively Canadian perspective.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-06-14 12:13 PM
    The fact that BlackBerry is Canadian only matters to Canadians. That's it.

No one else cares where BB is based or that an American CEO has come in to save it.

Seriously I doubt most Americans know BB is Canadian. Very few Americans are even aware of any "rivalry" between our two countries. That seems to be an almost exclusively Canadian perspective.

An exclusively Canadian CB perspective LOL.
    07-06-14 12:33 PM
    It has nothing to do with the fact that bbry is Canadian lol, it's just bb10 don't appeal as much to the US as much as it hopes to.
    07-06-14 12:37 PM
    Nationality does not play into it... When Apple was tetering on the brink in 1997... same treatment by the media.... company was dead ... cannot innovate etc.... It took a while ( and steve jobs ) to did their way out of the peception... BB is in the same boat... as much as Americans espicially love to pile on when the going gets tough... they also love a come back story as well... I would hazard to say.. the American general public has not idea that BB is Canadian... Just as many do not realize Samsung is a South Korean company... many acutally think it is american... no as some have posted... the only thing you have to look at as to where BB is today is the total ineptitude of management since 2007... what many people do not realize is that the carriers in the US at the time was begging BB to come up with a touch screen for the market as they saw the Apple wave coming and wanted competition... guess what BB came up with... THE STORM !!!... need I say more as to why they are where they are today.....
    07-06-14 12:43 PM
    BB10 hasn't sold in Canada either so there really isn't much of a war going on here.
    Guess you haven't been to Toronto or anywhere around southern Ontario. Tons of BlackBerry devices around, obviously not as many as Android and iPhone but some days it's pretty even. And everyone that thinks nationally has nothing to do with it you have to be kidding. How many lobbyists and back benchers do you think apple and Samsung have under their wings influencing major corporations. The US is just one giant corrupt state, among lots of others mind you. The fact the BlackBerry doesn't kneel down to them and the NSA must infuriate them. The US is great at crushing innovation in favor of lining their own and their friends pockets. Don't get me wrong it's not all bad but there has definitely been some backroom deals to keep BlackBerry out. Just look at all the shorts on BlackBerry and that will give you an idea of who doesn't want BlackBerry to succeed. Rant over.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 01:18 PM
    Guess you haven't been to Toronto or anywhere around southern Ontario. Tons of BlackBerry devices around, obviously not as many as Android and iPhone but some days it's pretty even. And everyone that thinks nationally has nothing to do with it you have for be kidding. How many lobbyists and back benchers do you think apple and Samsung have under their wings influencing major corporations. The US is just one giant corrupt state, among lots of others mind you. The fact the BlackBerry doesn't kneel down to them and the NSA must infuriate them. The US is great at crushing innovation in favor of lining their own and their friends pockets. Don't get me wrong it's not all bad but there has definitely been some backroom deals to keep BlackBerry out. Just look at all the shorts on BlackBerry and that will give you an idea of who doesn't want BlackBerry to succeed. Rant over.

Posted via CB10
    Lol ok. Show me sales figures in Canada and then you can talk.
    kevinnugent and shaleem like this.
    07-06-14 01:20 PM
    Lol ok. Show me sales figures in Canada and then you can talk.
    financialpost.com/2014/06/10/blackberry-ltd-sales-toronto/?__lsa=e977-7697

And I guess you missed this CrackBerry article.

http://m.crackberry.com/torontonians...ove-blackberry

Outsold iPhone in Toronto. Obviously this isn't a accurate representation of all of Canada but it's growing for sure. Don't forget BlackBerry 10 has only been out for a little over a year now. Just imagine how much traction it could get with good marketing.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 01:28 PM
    The fact the BlackBerry doesn't kneel down to them and the NSA must infuriate them.
    LOL.
    07-06-14 01:28 PM
    financialpost.com/2014/06/10/blackberry-ltd-sales-toronto/?__lsa=e977-7697

And I guess you missed this CrackBerry article.

http://m.crackberry.com/torontonians...ove-blackberry

Outsold iPhone in Toronto. Obviously this isn't a accurate representation of all of Canada but it's growing for sure. Don't forget BlackBerry 10 has only been out for a little over a year now. Just imagine how much traction it could get with good marketing.

Posted via CB10
    You're right, it isn't an accurate representation of Canada because the overall sales of BB10 in Canada stink. I know you have to blame it on someone, and sales stink in the US as well but they were god awful in Canada too so put the blame on your countrymen as well.
    07-06-14 01:32 PM
    If it was a US brand it would have to have a NSA backdoor... so not secure at all.

"Classic" better be called "Bold Q20" or "Bold 10" Keep Bold Alive, would Apple Kill iPhone? ?
    07-06-14 01:32 PM
    You're right, it isn't an accurate representation of Canada because the overall sales of BB10 in Canada stink. I know you have to blame it on someone, and sales stink in the US as well but they were god awful in Canada too so put the blame on your countrymen as well.
    And the Germans. Everyone forgets the Germans, but BlackBerry sales there are awful.

So clearly this is evidence of a German conspiracy against Canada. I've suspected just such a thing for quite some time

07-06-14 01:35 PM
    And the Germans. Everyone forgets the Germans, but BlackBerry sales there are awful.

So clearly this is evidence of a German conspiracy against Canada. I've suspected just such a thing for quite some time

Not to mention Tibet. I hear those Tibetans can't stand Canadians outside of Justin Bieber.
    jojo beaconsfield and shaleem like this.
    07-06-14 01:37 PM
    To say say sales "stink" is completely subjective and a personal comment. Do you have some inside information on Canadian sales numbers or what BlackBerry's sales goals were? I don't blame any Canadians only the ones on the BlackBerry marketing team. (any Canadian I know that has tried BlackBerry 10 has bought one or is going too next up grade cycle) except for a few that could care less about phones and could continue using a flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    thisiscjay likes this.
    07-06-14 01:39 PM
    To say say sales "stink" is completely subjective and a personal comment. Do you have some inside information on Canadian sales numbers or what BlackBerry's sales goals were? I don't blame any Canadians only the ones on the BlackBerry marketing team. (any Canadian I know that has tried BlackBerry 10 has bought one or is going too next up grade cycle) except for a few that could care less about phones and could continue using a flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they were bad enough that the company went up for sale and the CEO was fired. No phone has been released since then and they have shifted their focus back towards enterprise because sales were so bad. That's all the evidence I need. Oh that and their overall market share which is next to 0.
    sentimentGX4, notfanboy and Rello like this.
    07-06-14 01:41 PM
    Let's say that some certain parties doesn't want people carrying a secure smartphone

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 01:41 PM
131 123 ...