My BlackBerry is basically my handheld laptop.

One day I hope blackberry see the potential in that.

If I were the ceo. I would be quick to create a dock which would be bluetooth enabled for a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The dock connected to a monitor.

That would be the most secure computer ever. Encryption of the SDCARD to save allll important/non important files. And as everyone knows or has tried picture password. I highly doubt anyone could pass that.

I guess this would be more for business. But still great for a consumer.

Maybe not for an picture/video editor etc.

Just a random thought
    Let's discuss.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:13 PM
    I know where you're going with this. Couple of observations:

1) We're about to have BlackBerry Blend, which in theory will be even better than this. Your phone can sit and charge off to the side, but your computer will be directly connected to the e-mail, BBM, MMS, and files on your phone and you can use them all like they were all there on your computer. Blend will be coming with 10.3.1 (though it's on the Passport right now).

2) You don't need a dock to hook up a bt keyboard and mouse to a BB10 device (though you MIGHT want bigger screen).
    Elite1, si001 and Bluenoser63 like this.
    10-06-14 07:17 PM
    If it doesn't run Microsoft Office, it will have a hard time getting traction as a business desktop.
    Q10Bold and BB Adict like this.
    10-06-14 07:19 PM
    This is a great idea. Actually, someone mentioned this before at another thread for the passport. It's great that when you get to your desk, just place the device to the dock (on peripherals) and do your thing. You can also reply to your text messages, BBM, etc. And then when you're done, just remove your device and off you go! Secure, efficient, and cool

This would be the future of mobile computing. Although there's limitations to that like photo editors, graphics design, Etc.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    10-06-14 07:23 PM
    If it doesn't run Microsoft Office, it will have a hard time getting traction as a business desktop.
    Docs to go, and BlackBerry Express..

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:36 PM
    We have miracast on the Z30 and the Passport.
    BT keyboard and access to storage....

Why do you want to waste space and money for a docking station when you only require the charger that came with your phone to fulfil your vision?

OK.... you might find use for USB OTG....
    Oh yeah.... Blend.... we have that as well.
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 07:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Alternatives to Microsoft Office have had some limited success in mobile because Office was not available for mobile at all until recently. On the desktop though, alternatives have just never been accepted in the business world. Microsoft Office isn't cheap, but it is the standard.

I think BlackBerry is better off focusing on things like Blend, which work with and enhance existing popular platforms, and not trying to compete with Microsoft on the desktop OS. If BlackBerry thought it had a hard time growing its own mobile ecosystem of apps, good luck competing with Windows for desktop programs. A dock to turn a mobile into a desktop isn't a bad idea, but if that is going to be successful, it is going to be done by a much larger company than blackberry (the only contenders I see are Microsoft, Apple, or Google).
    10-06-14 07:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    See, that's the beauty of Blend. It lets you open a file that lives on your phone with whatever app you'd use on your PC.

How can you tell that I'm REALLY looking forward to Blend?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:28 PM
    Blend is overrated. It is not a nice blend.... it's just cheap instant coffe....

If I were BlackBerry CEO... We'd have a Docking Station!-img_20141007_030115.png

BlackBerry Blend is amazing.
    All data from your phone on any device you have....
    Better than a dumb screen

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    Thunderbuck and tanzarian like this.
    10-06-14 09:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any idea how limited Docs to go and Blackberry Express are? The post to which you responded to mentioned the full MS Office Suite. That, would get heads turning.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 12:32 AM
    Yes.. biggest thing missing, stand to charge my phone where I can see it as an alarm clock, especially in hotels.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    10-14-14 01:06 PM
    Yes a dock would be very useful even when using Blend - I still have mine for the 9900 which is a work of art - even though I now have the fantastic Z30!
    I'm looking forward to the official release of Blend and 10.3 because I'm sure it will be a step change in how we use our devices - but - closer collaboration with core business software such as office, CRM and accounting software is essential.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:56 AM
    Yes a dock would be very useful even when using Blend - I still have mine for the 9900 which is a work of art - even though I now have the fantastic Z30!
    I'm looking forward to the official release of Blend and 10.3 because I'm sure it will be a step change in how we use our devices - but - closer collaboration with core business software such as office, CRM and accounting software is essential.

Posted via CB10
    +10 for these essential business apps

BBRY really need to get a decent package together...
    :-)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    10-26-14 04:03 AM