If any company were to acquire BlackBerry LTD in my view it would be IBM or it would be a similar company like Fujitsu, essentially they would have to be a large integrated and enterprise oriented technology company. IBM and BlackBerry are both North American companies so regulators would be more willing to allow it. Both IBM and BlackBerry have botn software and hardware expertise. An acquisition by IBM would enable them tl reach both mobile and automotive spaces plus QNX being traditional unix could be use in other IBM areas. Both IBM and BlackBerry are enterprise oriented. IBM or a similar company like Fujitsu seems like the most likely candidate but given the improving fortunes of Blackberry I don't see an acquisition as necessary.
    12-09-14 03:29 PM
    I think BlackBerry has some very good reasons to not even WANT to be acquired. Their independence amounts to a kind of neutrality that allows them to work with a broad variety of partners and custom

That said, I agree that IBM would be an excellent choice. The only flaw I see is that they might not want to stay in the handset business; they don't particularly want to be in any consumer-facing market. I am kind of intrigued by possibilities like, maybe, SAP, or maybe Cisco.
    12-09-14 06:00 PM
    I think BlackBerry has some very good reasons to not even WANT to be acquired. Their independence amounts to a kind of neutrality that allows them to work with a broad variety of partners and custom

That said, I agree that IBM would be an excellent choice. The only flaw I see is that they might not want to stay in the handset business; they don't particularly want to be in any consumer-facing market. I am kind of intrigued by possibilities like, maybe, SAP, or maybe Cisco.
    I agree with you're first statement. They have some good things going for them, so I don't see why they would WANT to be acquired. Chen is very much capable of handling the company himself, in my mind he's already proven that.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 11:26 AM
    If any company were to acquire BlackBerry LTD in my view it would be IBM or it would be a similar company like Fujitsu, essentially they would have to be a large integrated and enterprise oriented technology company. IBM and BlackBerry are both North American companies so regulators would be more willing to allow it. Both IBM and BlackBerry have botn software and hardware expertise. An acquisition by IBM would enable them tl reach both mobile and automotive spaces plus QNX being traditional unix could be use in other IBM areas. Both IBM and BlackBerry are enterprise oriented. IBM or a similar company like Fujitsu seems like the most likely candidate but given the improving fortunes of Blackberry I don't see an acquisition as necessary.
    Only one thing I'm going to point out, BlackBerry isn't American, it's Canadian

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 11:29 AM
    Only one thing I'm going to point out, BlackBerry isn't American, it's Canadian

Posted via CB10
    I never said they were both from the US, I said they were both from North America. I am perfectly aware that BlackBerry is Canadian.
    12-11-14 02:03 PM
    I never said they were both from the US, I said they were both from North America. I am perfectly aware that BlackBerry is Canadian.
    If BlackBerry is Canadian, how is it from North America? Is there something I'm missing here?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:48 PM
    If BlackBerry is Canadian, how is it from North America? Is there something I'm missing here?

Posted via CB10
    If Any Company Were to Acquire BlackBerry It Would Be IBM-flags-north-american-countries.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    By the magic of geography.

Posted via CB10
    limabo likes this.
    12-11-14 02:59 PM
    North America and Canada are two separate countries... right? I am getting this right aren't I?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 03:02 PM
    North America and Canada are two separate countries... right? I am getting this right aren't I?

Posted via CB10
    North America is a continent that contains Canada and United States (and other countries).
    Harrison Hoolahan likes this.
    12-11-14 03:27 PM
    i think it would be a match made in heaven a ibm + blackberry as ibm has managed to crack the enteprise market that blackberry is pinning its hopes on
    12-12-14 02:51 AM
    Actually, if BlackBerry purchase made sense for anyone, it was Microsoft, before Balmers folly with WinPho. Even today BlackBerry is the best MS Exchange client, handily beating MS own offerings...

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:07 AM
    This thread confirms people are terrible at geography.
    rthonpm, asherN, MikeX74 and 1 others like this.
    12-12-14 04:04 PM
    Imagine a QNX based System Z or QNX based IBM Watson, that would be awesome!
    12-12-14 04:10 PM
    I think that another iot company that would produce synergies would be good. Maybe Intel or Cisco?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 05:55 PM
    I think I would have to agree with the OP. IBM has the same target consumer as Blackberry. If they both had something to gain from one another, why not.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Bwahaha,. Classic!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 12:00 PM
    If Any Company Were to Acquire BlackBerry It Would Be IBM-continents_map_sm.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 08:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Go directly to school. Don't pass GO or collect $200.

SQW100-1 I Rogers I 10.3.1.xxx
    01-05-15 09:05 PM
    An intriguing thought but tend to agree with your last statement.

SQW100-1 I Rogers I 10.3.1.xxx
    01-05-15 09:13 PM
    I love a little geography fun first thing in the morning!

Jakemeister
    01-06-15 06:00 AM
    The QNX portion of BlackBerry could be valuable to Qcom. According to them, they intend to be a part of the connected world outside of phones, QNX could enhance that approach.
    Blackberry as a whole could help them achieve a complete end to end hardware solution for a IOT vision. Bb10 is a bonus. Financially BlackBerry is looking better, another plus. If Blackberries were known to have Qcom's latest greatest chip sets, that could stir things up as far as device sales. Qcom's investment in Xiaomi could play into the deal. The hardware could be done by Xiaomi with Qcom supplied chip sets running BB10 OS, even if it was for the Chinese market alone. Any other contacts that are still standing, (Foxconn etc.) can continued with Qcom supplied chipsets. Also their reliance on Samsung can hurt them in the long run . Samsungs recent decline has their attention for sure. I'm not saying their worried, but they have to be looking ahead.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 06:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow just wow

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-06-15 08:07 PM
    What's wrong with you OP?...Think man!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:11 PM
    This thread confirms people are terrible at geography.
    Lol

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-06-15 08:11 PM
27 12