Teenagers.......BB is not for that demographic........WRONG! 100% WRONG! If I was John Chen, sure I would go after the corporate world, but I would address the Teenagers also. Why? The z30 is the device for them. HUB and social communication second to none. BBM and the rest all integrated. Daddy Does showed the file sharing, thumb drive connections, Miracast etc. No need to run and find a laptop. NFC for sharing photos, BBM screen sharing......a ton of apps now that we have most android apps. But most of all, the battery. John should be addressing this crowd. Take control of the media, and change the perception. This device is not subpar, and BlackBerry does not have to die. My z30 can be the teenager goto device. PS. It never crashes. I have owned a lot of devices, computers etc. This is one stable OS!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 03:20 PM
    Teenagers.......BB is not for that demographic........WRONG! 100% WRONG! If I was John Chen, sure I would go after the corporate world, but I would address the Teenagers also. Why? The z30 is the device for them. HUB and social communication second to none. BBM and the rest all integrated. Daddy Does showed the file sharing, thumb drive connections, Miracast etc. No need to run and find a laptop. NFC for sharing photos, BBM screen sharing......a ton of apps now that we have most android apps. But most of all, the battery. John should be addressing this crowd. Take control of the media, and change the perception. This device is not subpar, and BlackBerry does not have to die. My z30 can be the teenager goto device. PS. It never crashes. I have owned a lot of devices, computers etc. This is one stable OS!

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree that the OS is based and built around communication and effective communication and productivity at that...problem and BIG problem for the teenagers you propose to sell to is the lack of apps...

When a teenager see's the OS they may love that they can have bbm, whatsapp, text, Facebook messages, twitter all in one place and can reply super fast! BUT when they ask..."where is instagram?" "where is snapchat?" "where is...(whatever other new child app is)" then that turns them off of purchasing this phone...I understand we have iGrann and Snap2Chat and Whine...but when a kid goes in the store alone or with parents and the salesperson asks what they are looking for and they say a phone they can take pictures on, and access instagram and vine and all that...the sales person will not in any world tell them that BlackBerry Z30 is the best way to go because they have unofficial versions of those apps...they will push them to iPhone or Androids...We on CrackBerry know that iGrann and Whine and Snap2Chat are more than capable and amazing apps to replace the official versions, but again a salesperson will not (for the most part) know about these apps...and would be much more inclined to push the other OS' because they have the official apps...

If BlackBerry can secure these natively in BlackBerry World then it would be a whole different story! As much as people want to say that those apps don't matter, and matter even less since we have iGrann and Whine...well they really do matter! They matter a whole lot to salespeople pushing phones and users buying phones. (Read above to see why it matters)...BlackBerry needs these apps native on BB10 in order to start pulling away users from iOS and Android...BB10 is an amazing OS with a lot of power to it!! But without these major consumer apps, it will never be pushed to general users looking to buy a phone simply to text and download apps, its the sad reality.

Spend some money on enticing companies to build for BB10...work tightly with these companies, pay them to open API's so that BlackBerry can internally develop a native app...ANYTHING to get these apps NATIVE and OFFICIAL on BlackBerry World...then and only then will we see a shift in sales especially among teenagers....or if all these companies decide to develop web apps and scrap native altogether (which won't happen) but that would also benefit BB10!

Anywho, love the thinking, but this is my opinion and probably many others would agree that this is the issue...you may be a teenager who loves the Z30, but sadly most teenagers wouldn't think to purchase a BlackBerry based on the name and brand perception alone...add to that a limited App selection...and you are not going to attract much in the youth market.

Oh and to touch on Android apps...you either require side loading a app to access android apps, or going through the browser to download a store and download there...ultimately it is a hassle and something that has to be fixed in order to truly be able to go out and tell users and people purchasing a phone that it can run Android apps! People will open BlackBerry World and assume all the Android apps will be there to download...they will be in shock and very upset when none are there.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    04-02-14 03:32 PM