What happened to this endeavour ?

When they first announced the suite they mentioned both android and iOS.

I understand their own devices were android and that partner devices and also most smartphone users are also android BUT the data shows iOS users spend more on apps.

So just wondering if Blackberry still plans to?

Based on their commitment to their software including their cross platform bbm I'm assuming or interpreting it as no.

But damn they can definitely do some good with iOS I think with a nice HUB+ suite for it.
    08-19-17 10:40 AM
    It would go a long way towards making the iPhone a usable device for me, but I think Apple doesn't want to allow anyone to integrate it's messenger and FaceTime apps into an interface that wouldn't give them priority over third party channels.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-19-17 11:05 AM
    Right. It's a combination of the iOS platform being much more restrictive in what you're allowed to do (I don't think an iOS Hub would be very functional, given the many limits Apple imposes on third party developers), and the fact that it would be very expensive to develop compared to the small numbers who are likely to use and pay for it.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-01-17 02:26 PM
    It would go a long way towards making the iPhone a usable device for me, but I think Apple doesn't want to allow anyone to integrate it's messenger and FaceTime apps into an interface that wouldn't give them priority over third party channels.

Ditto. It would probably be the tipping point for us, and we'd finally bite the bullet and move to ios. Right now we're still on BB10. Despite what others on this forum say, there's no privacy on an android....blackberry or not, it's "phoning home" all the time to mother Google. While we don't love Apple, it is more private than android, so it's where we would have to move. It just lacks the major functionality we utilize.....the HUB would help considerably.

Posted via CB10
    Vlad Dl likes this.
    09-03-17 12:31 AM
    I am looking to possibly make the jump to the new iPhone X, but the Hub+ Suite would make the decision a lot easier!!
    09-12-17 02:49 PM
    I am looking to possibly make the jump to the new iPhone X, but the Hub+ Suite would make the decision a lot easier!!
    Is there another app which does a similar job to the Hub, as that is the main reason I remained with my blackberry.
    09-12-17 04:10 PM
    Hub+ in iPhone combines with Apple's 'revolutionary' gesture navigation can be an interesting proposition....BB10 anyone?
    09-12-17 04:17 PM
    A year later we know that Apple probably wouldn't let this ever happen although it's the best idea in the world for iOS - so I guess I'll just trade my X for Key2 LE (red)
    09-06-18 09:48 PM
    Any news on this?
    09-24-19 11:03 AM
    Maybe after BlackBerry stops licensing it's brand for handsets?

09-24-19 11:06 AM
    Maybe after BlackBerry stops licensing it's brand for handsets?

Ha! I doubt it will come even then.
    09-24-19 01:15 PM
    Ha! I doubt it will come even then.
    I need it on this XR ........ and the iPad that I use.... make calls Bla1ze LOL
    09-24-19 02:00 PM
    I need it on this XR ........ and the iPad that I use.... make calls Bla1ze LOL
    I mean, it was initially planned but at some point they scrapped it and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the limitations of iOS and what Apple allows apps to do. Of course, that could have just been a blanket statement that would be accepted because everyone knows Apple always pulls some junk like that.
    09-24-19 02:01 PM
    I mean, it was initially planned but at some point they scrapped it and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the limitations of iOS and what Apple allows apps to do.
    Oh I know. But now, it seems we have options. Crowdsourcing, petitions and even boycotts... after the earnings release, it’s kinda quiet... LOL oh well
    09-24-19 02:04 PM
    But now, it seems we have options. Crowdsourcing, petitions and even boycotts..
    You got any realistic options?

after the earnings release, it’s kinda quiet
    Yeah. I don't even think Chen did any interviews or if he has, they haven't been widely spread yet.
    09-24-19 02:07 PM
    You got any realistic options?

Yeah. I don't even think Chen did any interviews or if he has, they haven't been widely spread yet.
    Realistically, I believe Chen and Prem have extracted as much from the mobile hardware and software as possible. I’m expecting a rebranding of some kind with the Cylance acquisition being so important and it’s former executives leaving.

I keep wondering about some tie-in of Cylance with QNX in some kind of monetizing strategy. I just don’t know enough about IT and the related infrastructures or how to create synergies between two divisions looking forward into 2020-2025 period.
    09-24-19 02:27 PM
    Realistically, I believe Chen and Prem have extracted as much from the mobile hardware and software as possible. I’m expecting a rebranding of some kind with the Cylance acquisition being so important and it’s former executives leaving.

I keep wondering about some tie-in of Cylance with QNX in some kind of monetizing strategy. I just don’t know enough about IT and the related infrastructures or how to create synergies between two divisions looking forward into 2020-2025 period.
    If you believe the hype, Chen will be integrating Cylance/QNX to further use their AI in vehicles to add additional security right down to the point where the AI is creating driver profiles that track everything from wheel/seat position to whether or not they're an 'approved' driver. That's supposedly the products/services he has lined up for the next few months.
    09-24-19 02:34 PM
    If you believe the hype, Chen will be integrating Cylance/QNX to further use their AI in vehicles to add additional security right down to the point where the AI is creating driver profiles that track everything from wheel/seat position to whether or not they're an 'approved' driver. That's supposedly the products/services he has lined up for the next few months.
    That kind of stuff really sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I’ll believe it only when I can see it actually implemented. Maybe it’s time I get a modern vehicle.
    09-24-19 02:49 PM
    That kind of stuff really sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I’ll believe it only when I can see it actually implemented. Maybe it’s time I get a modern vehicle.
    Till you find out it's tracking you and learning your "ways", so that it can "better serve your needs"..... and the needs of the marketing company it's tied into.
    09-09-21 08:09 AM
    Well two years later... at least it now has it's own name.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    09-24-21 03:09 PM
    Well two years later... at least it now has it's own name.
    Progress!
    09-24-21 03:12 PM