Just tossing the idea out there..

HP has a huge enterprise market. HP is still undergoing rebuild after Leo f-ed everything.

HP holds a huge amount of patents related to smartphones due to palm acquisition.

WebOS and BB10 have much in common and fight the same battles of lacking apps etc.

What do you all think? Something BlackBerry should pursue? A feasible merge?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:10 PM
    Merger? I don't think
    HP itself is now amidst a turnaround themselves with the shedding of employees and such
    Partnership? Totally
    Imagine the ecosystem expanding when BlackBerry devices get full integration with HP tablets, laptops/pc's and printers. It would help increase the ecosystem by a lot and would be a win-win for especially us consumers/prosumers

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    02-25-14 08:15 PM
    HP has failed so badly in the past years that the only product I can think of seeing recently are printers. But thats about it.
    02-25-14 08:18 PM
    HP has had the same problems with leadership as blackberry, products are both great just really mismanaged to the extreme lol

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    02-25-14 08:24 PM
    They do match each other in terms of creating functional software to work with their hardware products.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:10 PM
    Sony, HP, Dell, Lenovo, and BlackBerry all in an alliance would make for an interesting world.

Xperia hardware, BlackBerry OS10 - waterproof awesome device.

Thinkpad with BlackBerry OS10 - tank-like notebook with a super fast, simple, reliable OS.

All in one touch desktop (HP/Sony) with BlackBerry OS10 - low power desktop with lots of games and multimedia capabilities for end users.

AMD / Intel x86 workstations and servers for content creation and backend services.

AMD / Intel / Nvidia x86 desktops and consoles for gaming.

Tablets with BlackBerry OS10 - Xperia for media, Playstation for games, Thinkpad for business end users, BlackBerry for Enterprise, HP/Dell for general computing consumers. Same basic design tailored to each market with specialized hardware features and software, essentially a new standardized form factor.

Would be hard for them to hammer out who would make what, but between all of them there are a lot of great designs and strengths that could be brought together to make some amazing products. Of course, this will never happen.

Magnificently composed using CB10 on my BB Z10!
    02-26-14 07:12 PM
    Who knows? They said HP/Palm would never work.
    02-26-14 07:17 PM
    Just tossing the idea out there..

HP has a huge enterprise market. HP is still undergoing rebuild after Leo f-ed everything.

HP holds a huge amount of patents related to smartphones due to palm acquisition.

WebOS and BB10 have much in common and fight the same battles of lacking apps etc.

What do you all think? Something BlackBerry should pursue? A feasible merge?

Posted via CB10
    The last major HP merger did not go very well. Anyone remember what happened when they merged with Compaq in 2002? Lets just say it ended up very badly for them.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    02-26-14 07:43 PM
    HP + Compaq = bad

HP + Palm = bad

HP + Autonomy = unmitigated disaster

I don't see HP's board approving any big mergers anytime in the near future.
    02-26-14 08:25 PM
    The last major HP merger did not go very well. Anyone remember what happened when they merged with Compaq in 2002? Lets just say it ended up very badly for them.

There's like 20+ acquisitions since 2002, more than 5 of them in the billions. List of acquisitions by Hewlett-Packard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    02-26-14 09:20 PM

Yup and Compaq bought DEC prior to that. Remember them? Did not go well.
    02-26-14 10:50 PM