Okay the worst has happened, Blackberry decides to completely exit the consumer hardware market. They will still produce and market enterprise/government devices under their Secusmart brand. However Blackberry hasn't left the consumer software market they release a service called, Blackberry Experience Suite for Android. It's basically a UI skin for Android that recreates all the UI features of BB10 (hub, swipe gestures,keyboard,etc) + an integrated email and communication package, cloud service etc. This suite would be available on the Google Play store for download on any OHA device of your choice. Question is would you purchase such a package and how much would you be willing to pay? Perhaps it could be a subscription service would you be willing to pay say $5 per month for it?
    06-21-15 04:07 PM
    $10. One time. Not per month.
    I don't think swipe gestures can be recreated and replace Android's navigation etc. Navigation would have to be Android. So, it'd be just some key apps: Hub, Virtual Keyboard, BBM, BB Travel etc.
    06-21-15 04:58 PM
    I don't want a fake BlackBerry. If this happens I will just go with the regular android. I don't want a digital BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-21-15 06:55 PM
    I don't want a fake BlackBerry. If this happens I will just go with the regular android. I don't want a digital BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I definitely want the 'hub' app. That's the single most important app for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 07:20 PM
    I definitely want the 'hub' app. That's the single most important app for me.

Posted via CB10
    Hub app and integrated pim the way BlackBerry does it. $10 one time max.
    06-21-15 07:40 PM
    Hub app and integrated pim the way BlackBerry does it. $10 one time max.
    They should give a trial of 1-2 days before buying. If there is no trial, I wouldn't pay more than 5 euros for it. If there is a trial and i like it, I am willing to pay 10 euros for it.
    booker1953 likes this.
    06-22-15 03:50 AM
    If that is the only option I would pay 10 USD a month. I cannot and will not use any other mail client.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 05:02 AM
    Nothing, will continue to buy the best, BB10 hardware and OS.
    acovey likes this.
    06-22-15 02:09 PM
    If it was smoothly integrated with no appreciable negative impact on my device - $10 on time.

But if it worked anything like BBM, they you couldn't pay me to install it.
    asherN likes this.
    06-22-15 02:35 PM
    LOL. Not even CrackBerrians are willing to pay much more than $10 one time for the BlackBerry experience much less a monthly fee.
    OWCA83 likes this.
    06-22-15 02:48 PM
    Nothing. I can get it on BlackBerry phones for free.
    acovey likes this.
    06-22-15 02:51 PM
    LOL. Not even CrackBerrians are willing to pay much more than $10 one time for the BlackBerry experience much less a monthly fee.
    It's in everyone's psyche that apps/software should be cheap and hardware be premium, just like how Apple likes it.
    06-22-15 03:04 PM
    10$ seems reasonable. But I'd be willing to go up to 100$ one time!!

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-22-15 03:10 PM
    The take-home message is that you're not going to be able to charge monthly for features that are generally expected to be included in the operating system. Not when companies like Google are offering services like unlimited online photo storage for free. Sure, people may value their privacy and security but just try putting a price on it and you will find it's worth very little.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and jas1978 like this.
    06-22-15 03:32 PM
    Nothing... I would use whatever apps came with the phone. Just like I currently use the apps and features that come with my BlackBerry. I've never been inclined to install someone else's Experience Suite on top of an OS, and I am certainly not inclined to pay for apps and features that are supposed to come with the phone.

It sounds like a total headache in usability and support. If the release of BBM on Android and iPhone have taught us anything, it is that the BlackBerry Experience will be a poorly executed piece of crummy software that barely works. Honestly, I've followed BlackBerry through so much junk you couldn't pay me to go down this rabbit hole.

Frankly, I'd be amazed if the typical Android or iPhone user would pay for a BlackBerry Experience Suite considering my own opinions and the general feeling BlackBerry is dead.
    06-22-15 03:33 PM
    I would not pay a monthly subscription!
    but I could easily pay 25-30 bucks, one time!
    06-22-15 03:39 PM
    I would assume that any BB phone, whether BB10 or Android would come with all the BlackBerry bells and whistles, since it would be a BlackBerry. If there were to be charges, it would seem likely that those would fall to non BlackBerry users.
    booker1953 likes this.
    06-22-15 03:51 PM
    1. Samsung pays blackberry $5 per device and puts it on ALL their Android devices
    2. On GPS for $20 per device somehow linked to IMEI. I think Touchdown mail app was around $20?
    3. Blackberry makes it a download for iOS for $20....but seeing how iOS cripples anything that is advanced it probably doesn't work well at all, and then Apple copies it anyways. Or Apple licenses the IP and does it properly themselves in iOS10.
    06-22-15 07:32 PM
    It's in everyone's psyche that apps/software should be cheap and hardware be premium, just like how Apple likes it.
    Have to also thank Google and all of the freemium apps. Unfortunately BlackBerry could release a phone with Star Trek technology and it wouldn't sell well without an app ecosystem.

Loving my Passport!
    06-22-15 07:49 PM
    $5.00 US per month only with BB10 and BlackBerry Balance.

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.27087 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    06-22-15 07:49 PM
    Is it resource intensive? I would prefer to have a stock Android for a better performance. Samsung UI is not good, slow in response.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 08:36 PM
    How about something bit higher in the range of $50-100 one time per device. That would be just like buying a bit expensive device and BlackBerry would profit just like selling devices.

But it needs to be such that it adds a great deal of value to android experience in security, efficiency, UI, easy-to-use, productivity apps. It should range from cover screen to device management. And one day should release on ios as well.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.2.440
    06-22-15 08:46 PM
    The answer is always nothing. Because it's an android device.

I will simply root it or even without rooting, I will get the apks and install them for free.

If it's something worth installing, you'll see custom roms with it built in very quickly, and probably even better versions of it.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-22-15 09:05 PM
    The answer is always nothing. Because it's an android device.

I will simply root it or even without rooting, I will get the apks and install them for free.

If it's something worth installing, you'll see custom roms with it built in very quickly, and probably even better versions of it.

Work Wide and Prosper
    I experimented with switching over to Android awhile back used my brothers old Xperia Z. After two weeks of trying to tweak the UI I gave up. Sure Android offers a lot of apps and skins to customize the UI but they were all lacking IMHO. Especially toast notifications that's one area where BlackBerry got it right. And as good as swiftkey is it can't beat the BlackBerry software keyboard. If BlackBerry were to release a skin that can recreate the BB10 UI as close to BB10 OS as possible I wouldn't mind paying for it be it a one time fee or subscription. Say $60 yearly or $5 monthly.

Loving my Passport!
    06-22-15 09:45 PM
    I'd go with $20 if it comes to that, a one time fee. But let's hope it won't happen.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    06-22-15 09:49 PM
41 12