A small number of people want the Classic and the Passport is a Frankenstein phone that nobody wants.

The only thing that BlackBerry needed to deliver was a flagship touch screen and they didn't even make a peep about it.

The Z10 was the highest selling phone for BB10 and mine is falling apart right now. I need a new phone and the only thing I can consider is a S5 or a Note 4.

Deliver the goods now or else!

Posted via CB10
    Pick up an unlocked off contract Z30. I'm sure they will go on sale again. Then once the Z50 comes out mid-next year you can upgrade on contract and keep the Z30 as a backup phone. The Z30, while not the latest and greatest is an awesome device. And at the sale price it was a very good buy.
    12-21-14 11:22 PM
    LOL - I'm pretty sure John Chen is NOT shaking in his boots.
    Last edited by Elite1; 01-13-15 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Removed insult
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-21-14 11:48 PM
    What's with the animosity? I also own a Z10 and thankfully mine isn't falling apart lol, but I feel a new all touch is long overdue.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:54 PM
    Any reason this is in the "News & Rumors" section?

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly. Moved to the whining section.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:12 AM
    I want a high-end touch BlackBerry more than anything, but seriously... Why do you guys entertain this kind of crap?? We should just let these threads die as they should. Granted now I'm part of the problem. Guess I couldn't help myself
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-22-14 12:37 AM
    A small number of people want the Classic and the Passport is a Frankenstein phone that nobody wants.

The only thing that BlackBerry needed to deliver was a flagship touch screen and they didn't even make a peep about it.

The Z10 was the highest selling phone for BB10 and mine is falling apart right now. I need a new phone and the only thing I can consider is a S5 or a Note 4.

Posted via CB10
    really .....................I think you need to go and check ALL your facts and then come back as you don't know what you are talking about at the mo
    12-22-14 12:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    You're entire opinion is uneducated, therefore an educated response from me is not worth my time. Go buy your note 4.

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    12-22-14 09:13 AM
    Why should I settle for a Z30...its old. I want the latest. I am a touch customer that is being neglected.

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking, you're thinking, you're way more important than anyone else does.
    12-22-14 09:15 AM
    Z10 is optimum size to hold in hand with battery improvement.

Prithvi, Z30 thru CB10
    12-22-14 09:17 AM
    Originally Posted by mayorlongo
    Why should I settle for a Z30...its old. I want the latest. I am a touch customer that is being neglected.
    If you feel this way then by all means go buy a Note 4 or S5. Not sure what you expect folks here to tell you? As I said in my previous post, the Z30 may be 'old', but it is newer than the Z10, and it is priced to reflect the fact that it is old. If you need something to get you buy for the next 6 months until the new touch arrives then it is not a bad option... or like I said, Note 4 or S5 are your friend.

/end thread.
    12-22-14 10:56 AM
    Get the z30. En do discussion. BlackBerry is the most reliable device out there. Stick with BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:06 AM
    I want a high-end touch BlackBerry more than anything, but seriously... Why do you guys entertain this kind of crap?? We should just let these threads die as they should. Granted now I'm part of the problem. Guess I couldn't help myself
    Haha, you said it ;-)

"It", that is these threads, will not stop until "it" is there:
    ... the high-spec all-touch BB

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    12-23-14 01:52 AM
    LOL...or else what?

I don't know what rock you live under, but this company is dying. The classic or passport are a marriage of misguided R&D dollars and semi ******** marketing.

They have no chance of survival without a solid all touch. People want real estate to do business, instagram, Facebook etc... keyboards are a useless.
    People don't want all touch BB10 devices, period.

Also....have you actually seen a Passport in action? Do you have a clue how awesome and big that screen is? At 1:1 with 4.5" it equals a 5" all touch 16:9 screen in terms of real estate - only better, since with its square footprint its substantially wider in portrait than any other phone and just shows more.

We were hanging out a friends house the other night, having a couple of drinks, watching Blurays etc and my friend sitting next to me happens to be a Passport owner.

He was doing things like
    - Facebooking
    - chatting
    - watching dubsmash videos friends sent him (which are, just as Instagram content, square)
    - browsing the web
    - playing an Android game Jurassic Park in between which fitted the 1:1 aspect ratio just perfectly and looked gorgeous

...and no matter what he did with the phone, the display just always rocked, showed more content or showed the same content bigger and clearer. I mean he was surfing the Amazon webpage in desktop mode without rotating the phone sideways....what else do I have to say?

And want to know what happened then? Another friend of us asked him for that Dubsmash app since he didn't know it (that guy was sitting to my left). So he loaded the app onto his Xperia Z2. And now what? Though the Xperia has a tradotional 5.2" screen it showed the videos much much smaller and he watched them portrait. That's what people do. They're too lazy to rotate the phone for short videos, while like 99% of videos people watch on their phones are short.

The Passport isn't Frankenstein at all, it's just a genius device that's better for watching content. But yeah if you're someone that watches entire TV shows and films on his phone on a regular basis, get something else. But for everyone else, a Passport will be highly beneficial.

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp and vutranloc like this.
    12-23-14 03:31 AM
    Hmmmm......full touch phones are sooooo profitable for BlackBerry so they decide to release 2 qwerty phones and focus on business users.....better watch out Chen looks like mayorlongo's going to take your job!
    12-23-14 03:53 AM

Also....have you actually seen a Passport in action? Do you have a clue how awesome and big that screen is? At 1:1 with 4.5" it equals a 5" all touch 16:9 screen in terms of real estate - only better, since with its square footprint its substantially wider in portrait than any other phone and just shows more.

We were hanging out a friends house the other night, having a couple of drinks, watching Blurays etc and my friend sitting next to me happens to be a Passport owner.

He was doing things like
    - Facebooking
    - chatting
    - watching dubsmash videos friends sent him (which are, just as Instagram content, square)
    - browsing the web
    - playing an Android game Jurassic Park in between which fitted the 1:1 aspect ratio just perfectly and looked gorgeous

...and no matter what he did with the phone, the display just always rocked, showed more content or showed the same content bigger and clearer. I mean he was surfing the Amazon webpage in desktop mode without rotating the phone sideways....what else do I have to say?

And want to know what happened then? Another friend of us asked him for that Dubsmash app since he didn't know it (that guy was sitting to my left). So he loaded the app onto his Xperia Z2. And now what? Though the Xperia has a tradotional 5.2" screen it showed the videos much much smaller and he watched them portrait. That's what people do. They're too lazy to rotate the phone for short videos, while like 99% of videos people watch on their phones are short.

The Passport isn't Frankenstein at all, it's just a genius device that's better for watching content. But yeah if you're someone that watches entire TV shows and films on his phone on a regular basis, get something else. But for everyone else, a Passport will be highly beneficial.

Posted via CB10
    Even for those who sit all day and watch netflix, a traditional smartphone with 5'' screen will not be enough, one ipad or playbook will do well, 5' still too small and you will likely destroy your eyes. So there is nothing wrong for passport or square screen at all, just people who are brainwashed by apple or samsung and will not accept any changes, unless it is made by apple or sam

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:36 PM
    Look what I had done to my Passport today... Gold plating. I just finished putting it back together.
    I want a high end touch!!!-img_20141223_185444_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    12-23-14 09:50 PM
    Look what I had done to my Passport today... Gold plating. I just finished putting it back together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141223_185444_edit.jpg 
Views:	1019 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	322712

Posted via CB10
    This is dope

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 04:17 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141223_185444_edit.jpg 
Views:	1019 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	322712

Posted via CB10
    Pimp my swipe...
    ahem, type, ahem ride!

:-D

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    j21jam6 likes this.
    01-03-15 11:20 PM
    In my opinion the reason why BlackBerry's all touch devices were a commercial failure lies in the fact that they were already old (as specs) before even enter the market.

The reason they were born old is that probably would have cost too much, for a company in trouble, make them better.

Everybody knows that the all touch customers are more specs sensitive than HW keyboard ones.

So it's my opinion that An all touch device with a Snapdragon 810 with 64 bit and 4 megs ram would be a commercial winner.
    01-03-15 11:43 PM
    In my opinion the reason why BlackBerry's all touch devices were a commercial failure lies in the fact that they were already old (as specs) before even enter the market.

The reason they were born old is that probably would have cost too much, for a company in trouble, make them better.

Everybody knows that the all touch customers are more specs sensitive than HW keyboard ones.

So it's my opinion that An all touch device with a Snapdragon 810 with 64 bit and 4 megs ram would be a commercial winner.
    No this wasn't really about specs IMO. A Z10 with up-to-date high end specs would've also gone nowhere. Simply because you'd have a phone like any other out there (in the consumer's eye), but without apps and coming from a company that's "uncool" and "dying". Oh, and, of course, with "bland" and "non-premium" hardware design. LOL.

If BlackBerry would have wanted to really move some units and make a dent, the Z10 would've needed to be....well nothing like the Z10. Absolutely highest end specs all around of course, but also
    - Google certified Android instead of BB10
    - super fancy hardware design like super thin, aluminum/glass housing

....so basically another HTC One / Sony Xperia.

And yet you'd still have a phone from an uncool dying company. So even in that case: why would a consumer opt for that new thing from that company if an HTC or Sony phone gives them practically the same but without an uncool brand from a dying company?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:40 AM
    Sadly a high end touch just isn't what BBRY is about.

Sent from the device that works best for me using Tapatalk HD
    01-08-15 11:26 PM
    Well sometimes BlackBerry defenders really behave like kids here. Yeah, every one of you receive and respond thousands of mails per day (or similar) to justify bb's non full touch strategy.
    It's perfectly legit to ask for full touch device cause bb10 is doing equally fine on it.
    My z10 did a lot of sports reports with BT mouse and keyboard, and it nearly replaced laptop when covering games and I don't see it would be comfortable with classic doing that.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    01-09-15 03:31 AM

He was doing things like
    - Facebooking
    - chatting
    - browsing the web

Posted via CB10
    Yes I have seen the PP in action and also its a flop. So much for folks wanting it. I suspect that the Z10 has out sold the PP 2to1.

Please go out into the real world and see the light.

BlackBerry hates America!
    BB_Junky likes this.
    01-09-15 02:15 PM
    Those two devices are designed for business, not consumers.
    01-09-15 03:01 PM
    Yes I have seen the PP in action and also its a flop. So much for folks wanting it. I suspect that the Z10 has out sold the PP 2to1.

Please go out into the real world and see the light.

BlackBerry hates America!
    So you call the PP a flop while the Z10 is the phone that resulted in like a billion dollars of write downs?

Okay.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 05:21 AM
56 123