Marketing without backbone will not have any long term results (voila the proof).
    Path-forward: fix in-house issues first, then release/launch something.
    e.g.: I wish some decision making person in BB would just try to browse their web-site: confusion, lack of information, wrong/redundant/rouge links, low resolution pictures, etc. etc. ..., for god sake, remove Torch from your web-site (this is a the reason I switched to Android); firing incompetent overly paid so-called managers is not enough, those, have also hired in-competent developers during their management reign, fire them too, start from scratch, go back to the root, make a better thing...
    11-29-13 12:32 PM
    My preference would be for a BlackBerry Android World.
    But what for?
    It would need time to get populated with apps and if devs are really interested, is something I doubt very much, since they already have alternatives.
    If anything, BlackBerry could try to create the best Android app store, apart from Google Play.
    But this would take time, as in, lots of time and kind of makes you wonder if BlackBerry should have gone with Android instead of BB10.

This question arises in a lot of threads lately.
    We take the Android launcher thread in the main section, as an exemple.
    Why would the normal consumer (who is already confused with launchers anyhow) buy a BlackBerry to install an Android launcher?

Why would I buy a BB10 device, to run Android apps?
    If I need apps that are mission critical, but aren't available in BlackBerry World, why should I be happy with a mediocre runtime experience, in which half of the apps don't even work?
    The whole Android player doesn't really make sense and Windows Phone has proven, that you don't need to piggy pack on another platforms success, to get apps.

This is why, at this point in time, I would say that instead of wasting all these hours of manpower into an Android Runtime that could be broken by Google at any time, BlackBerry should actually make a real Android device with a BB10 launcher.
    Because if things get worse, BB10 will be degraded to an Android app launcher anyway.

The whole Android runtime was a failure from the get-go.
    BlackBerry admitted defeat, before they even entered the colosseum for the fight against the competition.
    Android now runs on about 80% of smartphones (weirdly BB10 devices aren't included there) and why I would buy a BlackBerry to run Android apps, is something I still don't understand.

Posted via CB10
    Drew808 likes this.
    11-29-13 12:41 PM
    But what for?
    It would need time to get populated with apps and if devs are really interested, is something I doubt very much, since they already have alternatives.
    If anything, BlackBerry could try to create the best Android app store, apart from Google Play.
    But this would take time, as in, lots of time and kind of makes you wonder if BlackBerry should have gone with Android instead of BB10.

This question arises in a lot of threads lately.
    We take the Android launcher thread in the main section, as an exemple.
    Why would the normal consumer (who is already confused with launchers anyhow) buy a BlackBerry to install an Android launcher?

Why would I buy a BB10 device, to run Android apps?
    If I need apps that are mission critical, but aren't available in BlackBerry World, why should I be happy with a mediocre runtime experience, in which half of the apps don't even work?
    The whole Android player doesn't really make sense and Windows Phone has proven, that you don't need to piggy pack on another platforms success, to get apps.

This is why, at this point in time, I would say that instead of wasting all these hours of manpower into an Android Runtime that could be broken by Google at any time, BlackBerry should actually make a real Android device with a BB10 launcher.
    Because if things get worse, BB10 will be degraded to an Android app launcher anyway.

The whole Android runtime was a failure from the get-go.
    BlackBerry admitted defeat, before they even entered the colosseum for the fight against the competition.
    Android now runs on about 80% of smartphones (weirdly BB10 devices aren't included there) and why I would buy a BlackBerry to run Android apps, is something I still don't understand.

Posted via CB10
    Well for starters where can you find a high end portrait style physical keyboard phone with reasonable specs.

Windows phone is getting some apps now because developers believe that Microsoft is in for the long haul and WP has decent low price phones.

Yes runtime is what we in NA call a "hail Mary" pass.
    11-29-13 01:02 PM
    They need to grip the corporate world first. Initially blackberry was made for important people to communicate when ever needed. People wanted to feel important that is why people consumers bought them it was sort of a spill or effect. BlackBerry needs to reclaim the celebrities and ceos...leaders the rest will follow.

Red Zed 10
    11-29-13 04:09 PM
29 12