No facts here please, rumors from a guy who knows a guy who pumped gas for the guy, do much better!
    Lol, I'm not sure if I should like or dislike (you know, my English skills ...), I feel the irony, so I liked !
    P.S: maybe I should have printed "make clear" instead of "clear" BTW ... sry. (edited)
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    07-04-16 01:15 PM
    If the things were going to play out the same, they should've just hep Heins. At least it looked like he tried something, Chen is just writing off company for sale.
    Heins and the Board of Directors officially, formally, and publicly put the company up for sale in the fall of 2013, before Chen was hired. They didn't do that because BB was a picture of success - at the time, BB was on a trajectory to not even exist in 6 months. The combination of Chen and a $1.25B loan from Fairfax are the reasons BB still exists today.
    07-04-16 03:41 PM
    Lol, I'm not sure if I should like or dislike (you know, my English skills ...), I feel the irony, so I liked !
    P.S: maybe I should have printed "make clear" instead of "clear" BTW ... sry. (edited)
    I was not making fun of you, but the fact that some people who have a better command of English do not spell it out so clear and concise

Longue vie � nos amis Fran�ais. Si ce n’�tait pas pour la France leur ne serait aucun aux �tats-Unis*! Viva La France*!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-04-16 05:28 PM
    One of the reasons the Senate dumped BB is not the phone not the OS, but cost. Other manufactures have the deep pockets to compete BB can't so poof no more BB.
    You don't know that. In fact, everything reported indicates otherwise.
    07-04-16 11:14 PM
    They tried to stay alive the cheap and "lower risk" way. Android only means sure death.

I'm talking about a Classic 2 or a Q70 or a special device for these markets. There are still markets that don't care about apps and would pay a premium.
    Death by chocolate, ahem Nougat.... ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-05-16 12:34 AM
    Heins and the Board of Directors officially, formally, and publicly put the company up for sale in the fall of 2013, before Chen was hired. They didn't do that because BB was a picture of success - at the time, BB was on a trajectory to not even exist in 6 months. The combination of Chen and a $1.25B loan from Fairfax are the reasons BB still exists today.
    Prem..! ;-)

07-05-16 12:35 AM
    You don't know that. In fact, everything reported indicates otherwise.
    yes I do I asked my Senator who is a neighbor.
    07-05-16 06:48 AM
    yes I do I asked my Senator who is a neighbor.
    Oh Yeah, my senator can beat up your senator.
    07-05-16 07:26 AM
    It is certainly no surprise that the U.S. Senate is giving up their BlackBerry's. Many Senators, particularly those serving on the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, were already made aware of the fact years ago that Chen was a CIA plant, funded by co-conspirators Apple and Google, whose mission was to bring down a once iconic Canadian company that was a threat to American manufacturing dominance and just a "little too big for their britches."

U.S. Senators were asked to continue using BlackBerry's for a time merely to throw off any Canadian counterintelligence and allow Chen the time needed to teach the uppity Canadians "who's boss." It is currently unknown what, if any, role Castro and the Mafia may have played in the plot, eh.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    07-05-16 07:32 AM
    Oh Yeah, my senator can beat up your senator.
    Nah...... Mine packs heat. BTW it was easy to ask him, he has had a summer home here in the mountains for years!
    07-05-16 08:33 AM
    Let's be clear.
    As of date there's no (security-wise) equivalent to BB10->NOC->Back End (Good with or w/o BES) for the enterprise grade devices (I'm not talking about "secret agents"). None. And BlackBerry, as recently as three weeks ago, confirmed this to my own ears in a Pre-sales rep. meeting in Paris (set to make clear the Enterprise strategy and services/software positioning).

Below is my personal view only.
    Long story short : there won't be EOS/EOL of BB10 until they can reach the same level. This was stated by Chen numerous times when they announced Android on BlackBerry and I believe the reason he's not trumpeting it right now is that ... well ... it won't happen soon.
    I do belive there are some customers that depend on BlackBerry and BB10 for a level of security that others can't offer at the price BlackBerry has. But what I don't belive, is that BlackBerry will continue to lose money on those customers.

Think all BB10 devices are out of production at this point, which means for the most part that they are already EOL.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-05-16 08:55 AM
    Think all BB10 devices are out of production at this point, which means for the most part that they are already EOL.
    I'm pretty sure that no BB phone, even the Priv, is currently in production. I think the fig-leaf BB is hiding behind when they deny EOL status is that, except for the Classic, there is nothing to prevent BB re-starting production.

However, just because BB *could* build more devices doesn't mean that they have any intention of doing so. And, in a reality where they can't sell the phones they've already made, why would they make more?
    07-05-16 11:44 AM
    Without BB10 devices in the market, why would someone choose BlackBerry EMM solutions over everything else available on the market? Without BB10 devices BlackBerry is as good as dead. At least with BB10, BlackBerry EMM solutions were the best in managing those devices and thereby ensured a market for their EMM solutions.

Long Live BB10!
    That's why Chen wants to stay in hardware (with Android though). Even if the sales numbers are low, it's more attractive to have a single contract (phones and EMM) to present to corporations / government agencies than to force them to buy Blackberry software and somebody else's phones. If partnering with Alcatel helps get the prices down and margins positive vs. ASP, then Blackberry can indeed survive with lower volume sales.

BB10 is not the answer. Even the government needs apps.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-05-16 11:55 AM
    From Seven different posts.....
    If.....according to something I read....Let's be clear...in my opinion.....I'm not sure, but....I asked my senator....(editor's note: We don't talk politics in these threads).....I do believe (which means) I'm not sure.... I'm pretty sure......

Death By Chocolate is the closest remark to fact in this entire threat!

And that's a Fact!!!

Carry on!!
    07-05-16 12:00 PM
    This story has just gone full blown up here in Canada for whatever reason.

I swear that every news outlet, business channel etc is talking about the loss of the US Congress and the fact that the Classic is being discontinued.

It still is interesting to me the level of media attention BlackBerry gets when it comes to their device business in a lot of ways. We here @ CB are still hard core fans but to the millions and millions of other smartphone users elsewhere BlackBerry is a non factor in a lot of ways.

Now we have all this "news" about BlackBerry stopping production of a device that was first sold in 2014 and it's a big news story?? I don't ever recall hearing news stories of the iPhone 5 or the Samsung S5 etc being discontinued.

Considering the sales figures for BlackBerry these days @ 500k a quarter, how many Classic's you think are getting sold? Any event just a little rant because I see these things when in the grand scheme of "news" this isn't anything news worthy.

Posted via CB10
    Tien-Lin Chang and techvisor like this.
    07-05-16 01:19 PM
    I do belive there are some customers that depend on BlackBerry and BB10 for a level of security that others can't offer at the price BlackBerry has. But what I don't belive, is that BlackBerry will continue to lose money on those customers.

All mine (interpretation)

They did lost money on BB10 hardware part. But they gained on software money they won't have retained otherwise (at these times 30% of SW revenues or the likes, probably more in the 20%s by now).
    Passport is now well amortized and should a/be at a reasonable (channel/enterprise) price b/perfectly serve the COBO purposes.
    We know the classic is over (BlackBerry will no longer be manufacturing the Classic | CrackBerry.com) but there's no anouncement for other devices (still, you read what I wrote just above).
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-06-16 at 03:03 AM.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-05-16 01:33 PM
    More factual information that just upsets "BB10 would have been successful if...." parallel universe crowd.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-05-16 01:44 PM
    From Seven different posts.....
    If.....according to something I read....Let's be clear...in my opinion.....I'm not sure, but....I asked my senator....(editor's note: We don't talk politics in these threads).....I do believe (which means) I'm not sure.... I'm pretty sure......

Death By Chocolate is the closest remark to fact in this entire threat!

And that's a Fact!!!

Carry on!!
    Lol more like death by Nougat!

*ME173X
    07-05-16 01:56 PM

*ME173X
    ;-))

07-05-16 11:54 PM

*ME173X
    When I read about the Senate, our was up on the lake. So I asked him. He thought it was cost, the other manufacturers came in lower. This goes on all the time. I think Chen had nothing to do with it.

Give me my chocolate!
    07-06-16 12:00 PM
    When I read about the Senate, our was up on the lake. So I asked him. He thought it was cost, the other manufacturers came in lower. This goes on all the time. I think Chen had nothing to do with it.

Give me my chocolate!
    In the US the only carrier selling BB10 devcies is AT&T and all they have are the Classic which we know is out of production and the two year old Passport that is a fringe format. What Chen says and what Carriers say can be very different things. BlackBerry might have inventory of BB10 devices for months to come, but that doesn't mean that the US Senate wants to buy directly from BlackBerry.
    07-06-16 03:05 PM
    I would love to see an updated high spec'd BB10 device to replace my z30!
    With that said, I'm certainly willing to have a look at the all touch Android device BlackBerry is releasing soon.

I just hope Chen can make the hardware division breakeven financially in whatever form it takes.
    07-06-16 03:54 PM

Give me my chocolate!

Jezzz! It's gotta be the puppy chow!!
    07-06-16 07:08 PM
    Chen is really leveraging that BlackBerry brand. It just gets worse and worse. Another BB10 release would have prevented this media onslaught which is worse than we are giving it credit for.

With a "Classic 2" or whatever BlackBerry could keep BB10 alive and at least keep their image from catering further. It's been four years since their humiliating "please buy me, anybody" escapades. They need to start generating some positive attention.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:09 PM
    Chen is really leveraging that BlackBerry brand. It just gets worse and worse. Another BB10 release would have prevented this media onslaught which is worse than we are giving it credit for.

With a "Classic 2" or whatever BlackBerry could keep BB10 alive and at least keep their image from catering further. It's been four years since their humiliating "please buy me, anybody" escapades. They need to start generating some positive attention.

Posted via CB10
    Regardless of whether they stay in hardware or not, shutting down BB10 ASAP has been necessary as it's been a money pit. The only reason to be quiet about it has been to unload as much BB10 hardware as possible that was already produced and paid for.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-06-16 09:28 PM
85 1234