So, I find this HILARIOUS.. While Blackberry is trying so hard to follow and get ahead of iPhone and Android, here's a device that finds the idea of a convenience button necessary on the Android platform.

Pressy - the Almighty Android Button! by Nimrod Back — Kickstarter
    3,783 backers
    $82,176 pledged of $40,000 goal
    45 days to go

You see so many people say how we don't need all of these buttons. It's old and outdated. Well, here we are. How many of you are going to claw, bite, and scratch to get Pressy to develop an app on your BB10 for this little gagdet? A convenience button that cleverly plugs into your headphone jack. Is this better than BB's convenience button? Absolutely, without a doubt. It's what's new. It's Android-based. We must follow in their footsteps. I'll lead the charge LOL
    08-29-13 05:47 PM
    wow that is actually pretty dang cool!
    08-29-13 06:27 PM
    It does solve a problem rather elegantly. As to whether or not it is better than the convenience button on BlackBerry, to a degree it is as the convenience button on the BlackBerry was never fully realized until apps like Quick Launch and ShortCutMe came along.
    08-29-13 07:04 PM
    Just think, if we can get them to add a stretch goal of BB10 support then I can program Pressy to act as a "home button" on my Z10! :P

Z10 STL100-3 | 10.1.0.4633 | Bell
    Last edited by laketrout73; 08-29-13 at 09:49 PM.
    08-29-13 07:12 PM
    That is all good and fun but, is it easy to get out? I may have missed it but I didn't read anywhere about how to take it out.

This does seem like a cool accessory however I would get annoyed having to take it out and put it back in every time I want to use my headphone jack. I feel I would misplace it or the case or both often.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 07:13 PM
    That is all good and fun but, is it easy to get out? I may have missed it but I didn't read anywhere about how to take it out.

This does seem like a cool accessory however I would get annoyed having to take it out and put it back in every time I want to use my headphone jack. I feel I would misplace it or the case or both often.
    One word: Bluetooth
    anon(4099613) likes this.
    08-29-13 07:15 PM
    this is cool... but i really dont miss a home button AT ALL.

what if you press it in your pocket? does it work only when the screen is on? that means you need to unlock the screen then press the button, much more efficient to tap on the screen once your hand is already there.

great innovation though, but idk if it will catch on.

What WOULD be cool, would be if you could use the pressy while it was in the keychain only. like a remote to do simple tasks or something.
    08-29-13 09:46 PM
    Call me old fashioned but my headphones still have a cord :-P

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 10:56 PM
    The convenience key!!! I want!
    08-29-13 11:02 PM
    Got a pressy , software is pretty cool and can be sideloaded .
    Options dont work however . So clicking the pressy does not have the desired effect , sadly .
    07-22-14 05:03 AM
    Bold had a convinience key, I allotted a quickstart of my voice notes to it... The key has disappeared on the Q... I use the middle key between the volume keys for the same purpose as earlier (long pressing on it opens voice command/notes), but, it could be interesting if it can be costomized to do "any" task!?!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-22-14 07:05 AM
    Pressy is cool! The devs merite a price!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-22-14 07:08 AM
    So, I find this HILARIOUS.. While Blackberry is trying so hard to follow and get ahead of iPhone and Android, here's a device that finds the idea of a convenience button necessary on the Android platform.

Pressy - the Almighty Android Button! by Nimrod Back � Kickstarter
    3,783 backers
    $82,176 pledged of $40,000 goal
    45 days to go

You see so many people say how we don't need all of these buttons. It's old and outdated. Well, here we are. How many of you are going to claw, bite, and scratch to get Pressy to develop an app on your BB10 for this little gagdet? A convenience button that cleverly plugs into your headphone jack. Is this better than BB's convenience button? Absolutely, without a doubt. It's what's new. It's Android-based. We must follow in their footsteps. I'll lead the charge LOL
    They claim launching the torch takes 5 to 7 seconds... ?
    Not so on a BB10 phone with picture password, less than 3 secs, I'd say, and probably even less on 10.3 with the two-finger swipe down if you happen to be inside an app.

This little device has its merits, but I believe it's much more sorely needed for users on Android than BB10.

Pasted via CB chen
    07-26-14 12:00 AM
    One word:money, quality

Check Out TechCraze
    07-27-14 08:31 AM
    Errmm.. on BlackBerry10 all of these are 1/2 taps away so not as needed, especially with 10.3 where quick settings are available from anywhere

Get a Pressy!-img_20140727_143414.png

Check Out TechCraze
    07-27-14 08:35 AM
    Errmm.. on BlackBerry10 all of these are 1/2 taps away so not as needed, especially with 10.3 where quick settings are available from anywhere

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140727_143414.png 
Views:	359 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	287227

Check Out TechCraze
    Lol they're embellishing quite a bit to sell their product. You can set a lock screen shortcut so all you have to do is unlock and swipe up on the shortcut and it enters that app. I also have all of my most used apps grouped in folders on my home screen so I rarely have to go searching for an app in the app drawer. Further, whenever I lock my phone I always take it back to the home screen, so I never have to exit the app I was in when I unlock my phone. Plus it's like they don't understand how flashlights work. They give the example of turning a flashlight on, but say "perform your desired action." Once you launch a flashlight it turns on, lol.
    07-29-14 10:54 AM
    How many you ask? Absolutely zero.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 11:05 AM
    Lol they're embellishing quite a bit to sell their product. You can set a lock screen shortcut so all you have to do is unlock and swipe up on the shortcut and it enters that app. I also have all of my most used apps grouped in folders on my home screen so I rarely have to go searching for an app in the app drawer. Further, whenever I lock my phone I always take it back to the home screen, so I never have to exit the app I was in when I unlock my phone. Plus it's like they don't understand how flashlights work. They give the example of turning a flashlight on, but say "perform your desired action." Once you launch a flashlight it turns on, lol.
    On your last note about the desired action, before flash was native on BB10, and on other platforms where it isn't native, they have to open the app, then turn it on or other options such as having it blink etc..

For us its as simple as on/off so don't think we're missing out on anything, also we have NFC so can just use tags to do any of the above...

Check Out TechCraze
    07-29-14 11:17 AM
    I have zero use for something like this. As others have said, BB10 makes most of these tasks very easy already and my Android phone, the OnePlus One can do a lot of this things stock using only the display. With the screen off, draw a "V" and the flashlight turns on. Draw it a second time and it turns off. Draw a circle with the screen off and it will launch apps. Right now mine is set up to automatically launch the camera. Double tap on the display turns the it on and off.

I think that performing actions using the turned off display is far more useful than something like pressy. Nothing extra to buy and keep track of. Hopefully manufactures continue to explore what's possible with that. Like for example, maybe drawing a "S" will put the phone in and out of silent mode. Or just let users draw their own gestures and assign tasks to them as needed.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-29-14 11:39 AM
    I have zero use for something like this. As others have said, BB10 makes most of these tasks very easy already and my Android phone, the OnePlus One can do a lot of this things stock using only the display. With the screen off, draw a "V" and the flashlight turns on. Draw it a second time and it turns off. Draw a circle with the screen off and it will launch apps. Right now mine is set up to automatically launch the camera. Double tap on the display turns the it on and off.

I think that performing actions using the turned off display is far more useful than something like pressy. Nothing extra to buy and keep track of. Hopefully manufactures continue to explore what's possible with that. Like for example, maybe drawing a "S" will put the phone in and out of silent mode. Or just let users draw their own gestures and assign tasks to them as needed.
    I wonder what a B would do.... ?

( Launch BBM? Browser? Voice command? )

They should first implement a function for "swipe up and left", right takes you to the HUB, but left is unused yet...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    07-30-14 06:16 PM
    So I got this the other day for my priv, passport, and note 5. It seems to work great on the note 5, no luck on the priv, its like the app won't recognize when i press the button so it does nothing but then the odd time it will work randomly, and haven't tested passport yet.

The good thing is, you don't always have to take it out to listen to music through the phone speakers, the app recognizes it's a button so any media is handled like normal as if nothing was plugged into the device.

Anyone able to get this to work properly with the priv!?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-19-16 07:30 AM