Hiring whoever one fancies the most is hardly going to work out well though. Sorry but I can't see Beyonce working out for any good reason. I would say it needs someone with an energy and an enthusiasm for the platform who maybe just so happens to be famous. So whoever the best choice is, it may be that we don't guess who it is right here and right now, and that their love of a device may not be common knowledge. Trying to grab some value from their celebrity status would be a nice to have, but pursuing it as the first criteria is clearly what has led to the current situation - an iphone wielding facade, with little celebrity value outside of Canada anyway. Talented and beautiful musician maybe, and I mean her no insult, but for me she just isn't famous enough to justify the reasons for choosing her in this post. Her keep on moving project was encouraging but a bit tepid, and I have yet to see anything else. A few more ideas like this and I would have had some respect for the choice of her positioning. I make no apologies if she has been busier than I know mind you, as it was for her to broadcast anything else she has done. if she has done it, and we haven't heard of it, that failure is on her.
    Crackberrykills likes this.
    09-04-13 03:25 PM
    Alicia who?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 04:05 PM
    You know.... The problem with celeb endorsements is that companies choose folks for all the wrong reasons. You don't choose someone for their looks, the amount of followers they have, who they've worked for in the past or any of that.. you choose people who actually use the product.

Picking anyone who has documented history of using something other than a BlackBerry is simply NOT right for the part. That should be the beginning of the process. 'Do they currently use a BlackBerry?' No? Moving on. You don't actively seek out people to SAY they use your product, you seek out those already actively using them.
    Excellent point, yo
    09-04-13 04:23 PM
    Lenardo dicaprio
    09-04-13 04:34 PM
    Blackberry needs a celebrity endorsing their product why? They lost their cool and it won't be coming back anytime soon. If they wasted all their time focusing on marketing instead of Alicia Keys (Fake company job) they may get somewhere. She did NOTHING for them, while she continued to use her iphone.

Really kept her moving.. (Sarcasm)
    09-04-13 04:42 PM
    Did AK do a music video/commercial for BlackBerry?

The one who I could see making a good music video/commercial is Jennifer Lopez. She would be perfect, as she is opening her own label of Verizon carrier stores, so her ad could promote both her new VIVA MOVIL and BlackBerry. And her song would be a hit.

https://shop.getviva.com/category/devices?categoriesSel[]=Phones
    09-04-13 04:53 PM
    Please I'd rather have Alicia Keys than Beyonce, at least Alicia Keys has real talent and isn't a amnufactured pop start like Beyonce.
    Huh? Beyonce is extremely talented singer, songwriter, dancer and humanitarian. But...she ain't gonna sport a BB.

First off, her handlers are not gonna allow her name (brand) to be associated with a losing brand.

Secondly, her sphere of influence and demographics would be nice, but they are the masses who are stuck on the simplicity of iOS and Android to switch to their "father's " BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 03:55 AM
    Why not Obama..?

US sales will limit up...
    09-05-13 04:07 AM
    Why not Obama..?

Why not W. Bush and call it marketing "Strategerie"!

Go BB!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 04:27 AM
    Why not Obama..?

one problem i can see here - the sales message:

Pres says 'buy blackberry, we can't spy on it via prism - honest....' )
    09-05-13 04:41 AM
    Bieber surely uses a BlackBerry. That is why his shirt is always off; that Z10 battery is on fire making him constantly hot. Also, he is Canadian. It is really a win win. Bieber for the new, and improved, BlackBerry Creative director. I like the sound of that.
    Lol as if BlackBerry isn't hated enough Bieber will definitely help with improving perception and image.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.1047
    09-11-13 06:49 PM
    Darth Vader should be the spokesperson for BB. "The Rimpire wants you, come join the dark side."

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    09-11-13 07:04 PM
    After BB10 Launch she was spotted using IPhone. That pretty much sucked!
    09-11-13 07:11 PM
    Why not Kanye? He has shown that he is a BlackBerry user even buying some for friends!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:58 PM
    Victoria Becham like her blackberry.
    09-11-13 09:04 PM
    I could do a better job as Creative Director then everyone mentioned, and i will do it at a fraction of the cost...
    09-12-13 11:18 AM
    You know.... The problem with celeb endorsements is that companies choose folks for all the wrong reasons. You don't choose someone for their looks, the amount of followers they have, who they've worked for in the past or any of that.. you choose people who actually use the product.

Picking anyone who has documented history of using something other than a BlackBerry is simply NOT right for the part. That should be the beginning of the process. 'Do they currently use a BlackBerry?' No? Moving on. You don't actively seek out people to SAY they use your product, you seek out those already actively using them.
    Totally agree, and if they're fans already, they won't need a staid script to endorse it. They'll do it in their own words, and it'll come through as sincere because it's their real endorsement.
    09-12-13 10:22 PM
    Huh? Beyonce is extremely talented singer, songwriter, dancer and humanitarian. But...she ain't gonna sport a BB.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what phone she uses nown but she did "sport a BlackBerry" for a while.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/4/21...rry-kanye-west

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    09-14-13 07:30 AM

while your absoloutley correct, it really doesn't matter who they hire if they don't learn how to utilise them.

Samsung hire david beckham, but rather than just rolling him out for announcements they actually know his `star power` (for lack of a better term) and use him in their adverts. have you ever seen anything Alicia keys related advertised on tv? heck even advertised at all.

All iv seen Alicia keys do at BlackBerry is that women scholars program, that wont enhance the brand or its perceived desireability so what does she actually contribute? that's the problem, BlackBerry underutilise (trust me that's a word now lol) their assets.
    09-14-13 07:39 AM
    Might as well hire Alfred E. Newman while your at it.
    This right here.

Well, at this point, singers aren't going to move consumers to buy BlackBerries.....and not sure who would have the Midas touch. Maybe a different approach to advertisement.

Sent from my Z10
    09-14-13 08:31 AM

It's well known Beyonce carries around the Porsche BlackBerry.
    09-14-13 09:18 AM
    Exactly. Keys been on that iPhone for a minute. She not trying to give that up. She probably still on 10.0 on that pretty white Z10. I have seen the actual supporters of BlackBerry in the celeb world, and while they might not be on that Alicia Keys type level, that actually use the device. Not to say they do not have other devices, but they have always kept their BlackBerry front and center.
    If you don't recall she did say she went to another platform during the BlackBerry Live Event. She's had a BlackBerry since the first Pearl. She only has the iPhone because if you can guess BlackBerry didn't have anything new and exciting at the time.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 12:14 PM
    Lady Gaga was the creative director for Kodak.
    09-14-13 12:17 PM
    This right here.

not sure who would have the Midas touch.

Sent from my Z10
    That's it! Midas touch. Donald Trump. I can see it now. Special edition Trump10 phones, a BB channel that let's people message him directly when he does chats, and maybe a Trump App that gives advice on how to be successful. He's most definitely a guy that gets things done.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    09-14-13 12:40 PM
49 12