4 devices a year to appease the Consumer market and Enterprise.
    Classic and RIO for Business/Enterprise.
    Passport, Manitoba, RIO & Classic for Consumers.
    I doubt very much that BlackBerry will be focusing on the consumer space as a primary revenue stream. At least not directly. I also doubt BB will ever make another ALL touch screen flagship phone like the Z30 and I believe that's wise, as the competition has saturated the market. However, they'll be coming out with a Game-Changer called the VISA:

https://n4bb.com/ready-blackberry-10-slider/
    Hybrid BlackBerry Devices codenamed Visa and Victoria may come in 2015! - Meet BlackBerry 10

Hopefully we'll see a prototype at the Mobile World Congress next week. Given BlackBerry's wallet limitations, I don't expect to see a Classic 2 until late 2016.
    02-28-15 05:59 PM
    Updated specs:
    https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/610

With the hardware listed above as the base for the next Classic, BB should have no problem implementing a 1440x1440 on the 3.5 inch display this time. Slap a removeable battery in it and I think we're good to GO!
    NecroSemen likes this.
    03-15-15 09:09 PM
    Who out there thinks that BlackBerry will release a "Classic 2" before 2017? If so, how much of a CPU upgrade are you expecting? Personally I'm hoping for at least this guy with a removable battery:
    https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/415
    (Full disclosure - The recent release of the "LEAP" is not giving me good vibrations)
    05-27-15 08:48 PM
    I don't want the curved keyboard back. I'd rather have the extra screen space. I've gone from a 9630 > 9650 > 9930 > 9900 > Classic and not once on my new phone have I minded the flat keyboard.

If anything, I wish they could get another 1/2" vertical screen space by reducing the BlackBerry logo at the top, dumping the carrier logo and pushing the keyboard down, and making the toolbar buttons the same height as the keyboard buttons.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.680
    05-28-15 09:21 AM
    I don't want the curved keyboard back. I'd rather have the extra screen space
    I've come around somewhat. It doesn't have to be either or, but rather both. Chen intimated a while back that there'd be multiple handsets in the "Classic" vein down the line. In either case, I like the rest of your suggestions. The biggest thing for me right now is a more powerful CPU (Snapdragon 415 or 425) and removable batteries.
    05-30-15 04:47 PM
55 123