Hey Crackberryans,

I wanted to challenge some of the keen minds on this site to add to these ideas for marketing; which happen to be FREE, or real cheap:

1) Everyone ensure that their email footer includes a blurb about their bb10 device. Mine says "Sent from my BlackBerry Z10". I remember reading this on so many iPhone emails in the past, which always made an impression on me; probably part of the reason why I ended up buying one.

2) Crackberry! Set up free sticker giveaways! I've ranted about this on other threads, so this is redundant. Make the give-aways weekly; say Fridays? I personally want to rock the famous 'spark' stickers, but would be happy to show-off the 'BlackBerry 10' ones too. Those nifty black-blocks with the white letters look real nice.

Imagine the places where stickers could be put....
    lcgoldman, xBURK and rigwrecker like this.
    09-12-13 12:49 PM
    As simple as it sounds, the stickers are a good idea. Apple used them in the early days to great effect.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    09-12-13 02:44 PM
    I am really surprised that more folks aren't with the BlackBerry sticker idea....
    Bump.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-05-13 12:32 AM
    This should be a no brainer to the awful marketing department but free stickers with a catchy slogan other than "keep moving ", because they are, away from BlackBerry. Caps and T shirts with logo on front and back. Get interviews on TV and radio explaining what is happening with new products and services. Ask for consumer input, make them feel like you really care about what they want. Continue to mark the price down on the overstock until it is gone.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:05 PM
    BlackBerry should partner with Deadmau5 and use his music in commercials. Afterall, Deadmau5 is Canadian.
    mcolton73 and CDM76 like this.
    10-06-13 06:28 PM
    They should make the stickers NFC tags....

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers and CDM76 like this.
    10-06-13 06:37 PM
    I just thought of more places for the spark sticker:

Snowboards/skateboards/surfboards.

Imagine spark stickers appearing all over the place (input place here). People start recognizing the image, but don't know who owns it.
    People start s-l-o-w-l-y figuring it out, and BlackBerry has just created a subliminal advertising campaign.
    10-07-13 12:28 PM
    It's sweet that you still believe that BB is going to be doing marketing...
    10-07-13 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry should partner with Deadmau5 and use his music in commercials. Afterall, Deadmau5 is Canadian.
    This is something I don't get, not only is he Canadian, but is tied into technology and very tech savvy.Let alone he is on every form of social media and has a massive following , almost go as far as to call them legions with how loyal they are. Yet they pick Alicia Keys? Don't get me wrong I like her music, but she would be the last person I would pick to promote a new smartphone. Deadmau5 not only would help promote but if he felt something needs improvement or a slight tweek he's not going to hesitate to tell you like it is. While others would probably just say nothing and collect a check.

Posted via CB10
    stackberry369 and CDM76 like this.
    10-08-13 11:21 AM
    I just thought of more places for the spark sticker:

Snowboards/skateboards/surfboards.

Imagine spark stickers appearing all over the place (input place here). People start recognizing the image, but don't know who owns it.
    People start s-l-o-w-l-y figuring it out, and BlackBerry has just created a subliminal advertising campaign.

BlackBerry does hand out spark stickers. I have hundreds of em.

They also do screen wipes, new era hats, mugs, mini speakers, touch screen gloves etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 05:58 PM
    I take it that you live in Waterloo, or perhaps affiliated somehow?

Either way, pretty neat that you are all decked out.
    10-08-13 07:16 PM
    I take it that you live in Waterloo, or perhaps affiliated somehow?

Either way, pretty neat that you are all decked out.

I can't tell you exactly what I do, but I love it. Hoping my Z30 comes in the mail in a week or so lol

EDIT: the spark stickers aren't actually stickers, they're cling decals. My bad.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:50 PM
    They should make the stickers NFC tags....

Posted via CB10
    ZOMG I LOVE YOU!!!!

PS - Where can I buy these Spark stickers? I want so many so bad!!
    10-14-13 08:29 AM
    Nokia already did so last year.
    10-14-13 09:15 AM
    see master mike, more business ventures. You better start advertising on Ebay! I'll be a first customer, but you have to get the actual Spark stickers!
    10-14-13 02:47 PM
    In the old days, companies gave out free caps, T shirts, etc., because they knew it was cheap advertising. Then they figured out that they could make it cool if you wore their logo. Now they over charge people to buy their logo and then those people advertise for free. Meanwhile, over paid marketing people @ BlackBerry continue to do a poor job . Do you see something wrong with this thinking?

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    10-14-13 03:12 PM
    The Economist had an article on an article on an excellent marketing agency a few weeks ago. The agency is called ReD and basically they do really intensive research on customers before suggesting what products the company needs to focus on.

The thing that I like about this agency is that there does not need to be high cost marketing, unlike people who say BB needs "more" adds, which will get very expensive very quickly.

As well, I like a quiet guerrilla approach targeting young people. It is going to take BB years to get their market share back so long-term strategies are best, rather than focusing on short term pops.

Here is a link: Sportswear-makers: The adidas method | The Economist
    10-18-13 09:33 AM
    The Economist had an article on an article on an excellent marketing agency a few weeks ago. The agency is called ReD and basically they do really intensive research on customers before suggesting what products the company needs to focus on.

The thing that I like about this agency is that there does not need to be high cost marketing, unlike people who say BB needs "more" adds, which will get very expensive very quickly.

As well, I like a quiet guerrilla approach targeting young people. It is going to take BB years to get their market share back so long-term strategies are best, rather than focusing on short term pops.

Here is a link: Sportswear-makers: The adidas method | The Economist
    ... I like this. Target the 'Yoots', but giving away free swag. The Guerilla approach you stated could be reflected on clothing in a very subtle way by attaching the 'BlackBerry Spark' on everything. Even if folks don't know it is BlackBerry trademarked, it is a way to get into the minds of the masses.
    10-25-13 03:43 PM