Over the past year, we've seen BlackBerry release many products and public response has been dry (compared to competition). (General) People talk about it, but the talk is usually coarse... the excitement isn't felt, nor do (general) people discuss in detail. I've had such talks with many people and people usually stop talking after a couple of things are mentioned...

Cross platform BBM announcement was made today. It's launching 2-3 days later... a lot of my non-BB friends messaged me about it. I guarantee you, they won't message about BBM on the actual release date (well, unless they actually remember and download it).

What would I have done?
    1. Make the announcement on the day of release.
    2. Would have said, on stage: "people, go download it NOW."
    3. Post a QR code on the big screen and say "... BBM me people!"
    4. Whenever someone scans that QR code, an pop-up should appear in BBM saying: "One App to Message Them All."

That is a what I consider to be a flashy/entertaining/good launch. Something along those lines would have been talked about for days. People would be entertained by that and it certainly would have put a smile on my face if that happened to me!

Anyway, just wanted to make a public post about that... pretty sure no one will disagree with that.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-18-13 11:01 PM
    Dang! Now they'll have to come up with another marketing plan, for launch day.
    09-18-13 11:22 PM
    Marketing Team:

09-18-13 11:31 PM
    ANOTHER plan would mean they had one before... for anything
    09-18-13 11:44 PM