They should hire Ballmer!
    09-23-13 12:11 PM
    It's hard when you are talking about turning over the situation... it's not a game of football with counterattack happening on every minute and every game

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    09-23-13 12:24 PM
    Because Microsoft is kicking *** in the mobile space, just like BlackBerry...

This is the same guy that recently conceded
    Microsoft has "almost no share" in mobile devices
    09-23-13 12:29 PM
    It's doing the news round today that Ballmer admits and regrets not jumping on mobile - that they were slow - perhaps he has learned.

No matter what gaffs - wp8, windows 8, xbone etc - MS is still in a better position then when he took the mantle from Gates.

Bottom line, he won't be making the same mistakes - he is powerfully connected... he could be a viable candidate!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    danprown and laketrout73 like this.
    09-23-13 01:22 PM
    DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:52 PM
    That poor man needs an absorbent turtleneck sweater. "Sweat" being the optimum word here.

I think he'd have a heart attack managing BlackBerry. I'd worry for his health.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    laketrout73 and aniym like this.
    09-23-13 06:35 PM
    No need for Ballmer..we saw his job on windows phone mobile...
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 09-24-13 at 07:05 AM.
    09-23-13 06:52 PM
    Ballmer would be an excellent candidate. Question is...would he switch his allegiance from Microsoft, even after leaving there?
    09-23-13 07:03 PM
    Ballmer would be an excellent candidate. Question is...would he switch his allegiance from Microsoft, even after leaving there?
    If the price is right.

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    09-23-13 09:44 PM
    I simply don't understand how one can think that in order to turn around a mobile company with very limited resources one should hire someone who failed to make a serious presence in mobile over a number of years, when it was a high priority to them and they had relatively speaking; unlimited resources. Seriously?
    Eumaeus likes this.
    09-23-13 09:53 PM
    I simply don't understand how one can think that in order to turn around a mobile company with very limited resources one should hire someone who failed to make a serious presence in mobile over a number of years, when it was a high priority to them and they had relatively speaking; unlimited resources. Seriously?
    It was a priority for them with Windows Phone 7, then a high priority with WP 8. By that time it was hard to make a dent. That is what Ballmer acknowledges and regrets.
    09-23-13 09:57 PM
    It was a priority for them with Windows Phone 7, then a high priority with WP 8. By that time it was hard to make a dent. That is what Ballmer acknowledges and regrets.
    I think they were trying way before that. But it really doesn't matter. It isn't easier now. And with a fraction of the resources.
    09-23-13 10:25 PM
    Last I checked BlackBerry has a high focus on mobile OS. Ballmer's claim to fame is messing up the timing of Windows Phone. I don't think we need these two together even though it's a match made in heaven.

Posted via Microwave Oven
    09-24-13 06:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    LMAO!! Took the words right out of my mouth. Whenever I hear the name Steve Ballmer, all I think of is that youtube clip.
    09-24-13 06:59 AM
    We need to take another look... back.

Source: Looking back at Thorsten Heins' first year as BlackBerry CEO | CrackBerry.com

A CEO that can really turn things around..Ballmer.-thor-has-meme.jpg

Purpose of Image: To be used on armchair ceo's when they argued/trolled/debated.
    09-24-13 07:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is one area where Microsoft has been very successful, and where RIM/Blackberry has continuously failed.
    09-24-13 08:45 AM
    Last I checked BlackBerry has a high focus on mobile OS. Ballmer's claim to fame is messing up the timing of Windows Phone. I don't think we need these two together even though it's a match made in heaven.

Not really...

Windows Phone 7 released in late 2010. When did BB10 release?

Windows Phone 7 was in development at the same time Windows Mobile 6.5 was in development. Only difference is that Microsoft was way earlier in seeing where the market was going and revamping their user experience than Blackberry. From that end, he did well.

Microsoft is the only company from the "Old Guard" of Mobile that successfully made the transition in the Post-iPhone market, and is actually growing marketshare currently.

Symbian and other Nokia OSes are dead.
    WebOS is dead.
    BB10 has literally no traction among consumers.

I'd say he did decently well. No OS will be able to compete with Android for market share due to Google's business model with that OS. You can simply drop any hopes of that happening. Eventually, it will overtake the iPad in the tablet market as well.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-24-13 08:52 AM
    Not really...

Windows Phone 7 was in development at the same time Windows Mobile 6.5 was in development. Only difference is that Microsoft was way earlier in seeing where the market was going and revamping their user experience than Blackberry. From that end, he did well.

Microsoft is the only company from the "Old Guard" of Mobile that successfully made the transition in the Post-iPhone market, and is actually growing marketshare currently.

WebOS is dead.

I'd say he did decently well. No OS will be able to compete with Android for market share due to Google's business model with that OS. You can simply drop any hopes of that happening. Eventually, it will overtake the iPad in the tablet market as well.
    Lots of posts today with really wonderful insight until the final sentence lol
    09-24-13 08:49 PM
    Its going to happen eventually, thanks to costs being so low for them. This is how Android achieved its position in phones, and the iPad has already started losing share to them.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    09-24-13 09:10 PM
    Lots of posts today with really wonderful insight until the final sentence lol
    He's absolutely right, though. The iPhone absolutely RULED smartphone sales for a while, but little by little (at first), Android pulled ahead, and now Apple can't even see Android's taillights in the distance.

Apple was also first with the iPad, and again, did a great job establishing the market, but just like with the iPhone, it's ultimately going to be spectacularly out-sold by Android tablets that are and will be available at EVERY tier of the market, not just those near the top. There will be high-end 10+" tablets from ASUS, Samsung, and others that compete directly with the iPad, but there will also be mid and low-tier tablets, and quite decent ones at that, that are priced were nearly anyone can afford them. The Nexus 7 is easily proof of that.

The fact is that Android tablets are already, today, outselling the iPad in overall numbers, but it's going to continue to become more lopsided in Android's favor, just as you saw with phones.

Apple is Apple, and they'll continue to serve mostly the higher end of the market, and they'll continue to make LOTS of money because you can do that if you selling mostly to the top 25% of the market. On a profit-per-device scale, Apple probably will never be beat. But in every other sales measure, Android is absolutely going to win. It's inevitable. We've seen this happen with smartphones, and we saw it happen with PC vs. Mac before that.

Apple is a niche player, and has been for most of its existence, but it plays that role as well as anyone ever has, and it certainly manages to serve the RIGHT niche: the higher-end customer. Apple broke out of niche status with the iPod, because other SOFTWARE companies didn't take music players seriously, and because HARDWARE companies almost always suck at software (look at Sony's terrific hardware and ABYSMAL software as a great example). And they kept that lead into the smartphone and then tablet markets, in both cases making the first fully-realized, mature example of each.

But they are working their way back to niche status, have no doubt about that. They know it, and the stock market has finally gotten a clue too, which is why the share price fell from its former, unrealistic high.
    09-25-13 12:28 AM
    Ballmer has zilch experience at turning anything around, but he did a good job of riding msft down by blowing business opportunities and lots of money by making bad business decisions and technology investments. Check out msft's stock performance over the course of his tenure. Also with his large msft stock holdings there'd certainly a conflict of interest if he went to BBRY.
    09-25-13 10:32 AM
    Not really...

WebOS is dead.

I wouldn't say WP7 was a success, and WP8 isn't either. They have the money to make it look like they are though. I have met one person who had a Windows Phone, and even he switched to
    IOS. They had a lot more time than we have given BB10 for how much market share again?

09-25-13 04:20 PM
    What many of you fail to consider is that Apple does not WANT to be the market share leader. It is easy to be lead in "market share", however you define that, if you give away product.

Apple wants to make money which is why they currently make in excess of 90% of all revenues in th mobile space.

It rather have profit rather than market share.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 08:24 PM