What do you mean? Bb10 is only missing candy crush, vine, and instagram. You are just listening to the media too much
    Those aren't even in those categories. Major medical apps missing too. But for most people, just those 3. BlackBerry World is mostly misrepresented.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 05:48 PM
    No no no. The OP isn't suggesting BBRY run Android. . . he's suggesting BBRY simply buy Google Play. That's the beauty of his suggestion. . . it ignores platform incompatibility, the fact that Google won't sell as well as the fact that the suggestion itself makes zero sense. That's why it's perfect. Don't let the fact that it's not possible get in the way of all the actual possibilities.

/s
    that's what I said, that kid need to return his mam phone for real,

Wow. Time to change that tampon.
    9700 > 9900 > Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.4633
    LOL
    10-12-13 10:39 PM
    Those aren't even in those categories. Major medical apps missing too. But for most people, just those 3. BlackBerry World is mostly misrepresented.

Posted via CB10
    No you are just one of those children that need stupid apps. The z10 is a PHONE.

Btw I think you missed sarcasm me and Marty had during conversation. Lol shifty88 was asked a logical question and since then disappeared after his rant. Trust everyone that understands any type of business knows bb10 is missing keys apps. And not just in games or instagram.
    10-13-13 12:35 AM
    BlackBerry makes very good phones, which are even better than Samsung phones, all the need is a better app store because the blackberry app world is the worst app store i have ever used why don't they just buy the Google playstore? Can someone tell me why? I have a z10 and everyone is telling me that I have to change my phone but I have faith in BlackBerry so what blackberry needs to do is to step up it's game on more time by putting the Google appstore in they're phones!

That's my opinion please tell me your's!

Posted via CB10
    This kid has no clue of what he's saying...
    First blackberry buying google simply wont happen, ever, because google will never sell their app store. Plain and simple
    Another thing that i noticed, all you say "everyone is telling me that I have to change my phone". So you do what everyone says? or what you believe it is your decision to make?
    And like others have said, you don't state what is wrong with BB app world, you say is the worst because it doesn't have the apps you want?
    by the way, blackberry doesnt make the apps, in case you ask. Developers make the apps
    Also, you have to do what you want for you, not what other people tell you to do
    10-13-13 02:28 AM
    Listen, go ask anyone who had a Z10 and changed to IOS or Android, why did you change your phone? They will tell you blackberry doesn't have all the applications I need.

I never said blackberry wasn't a good phone, Z10 is an amazing phone but people don't want to wait and they want their applications as soon as possible so before calling anyone a kid go ask you're friends who own a BlackBerry if they are satisfied!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 03:29 AM
    What really pisses me off is that BB didn't look at the market. 3 things would have solved most BB's problems (There is no pill for stupid). They might have looked at other phones and said too big, too many MP, too hard... I don't understand how BB couldn't see that the average Joe/Jane Lunchbucket in North America equates BIGGER IS BETTER (misconception). It isn't the word on the street. It is literally how most people think and history has proven that people want more. Guns - single barrel shotgun, double bbl, pump, hand gun - revolver (6 shot), magazine in grip(14-15). Cars - bigger displacement engines, bigger, more roomy interiors (the only thing that shut down big displacement engines were (are) emissions laws and regulations (there are no regulations on smart phones... other than don't let the user get radiation sickness...lol) Bigger capacity washers/dryers/fridges/stoves, Bigger homes with smart systems, This is the way a lot of people were brought up in the 60's - 80's decades. Bigger is better. This is not my belief, but many can read this and agree, a lot of people think bigger IS better.

So give it to them.
    1) BB should have Spec'd. out one phone to the point of stupidness.... and launched it 1st with BB10 OS. Give the good N.A. people (and rest of the world) what they perceive to be "the best". Throw in a BB10 T shirt for good measure. Give them everything but the kitchen sink. just chuk it ALL in there, don't hold back. then make the Q & Z 10's

2) Apps. Instead of just trying to just "get apps" and being sneaky about this many and Thousands of Devs. and the likes of.... The damn phone is already Android compatible... Use the google play store.... while developing your own App Ecosystem. Instead, BB lied (well they were sneaky, and that is just about as bad if the public finds out, and of course, people found out.) about the robust app world and Devs. and whatnot. People want apps, not Apples. Don't tell me for a second that if MS came up with the whole apps and app store on a phone idea and had a million apps that they wouldn't be leading the pack right now. People are screaming for apps, or so they say when bashing BB.

3) Marketing... As the saying goes in the go fast racing industry - there is no replacement for displacement. Marketing is the get up and go tool for all industries. If people don't know you have a product, they don't want or need it. you are SOL! before you even got started. So... A Superbowl commercial, a couple of advertisements in magazines, some black vans... Money wasted. VERY little done to promote the BB brand, never mind the new OS, new phones, launches. sickening. My father used a saying when I was a kid, and I use it to this day. LOUD AND PROUD! If there is something worth shouting from the rooftops, then get up there and shout it, don't get up there just to whisper it. Someone needs to be liable. I think all of you are smart enough to know who I'm talking about.

All 20/20 hindsight. easy to say when looking backwards.

That's what I would have done. There is no quick fix for the state of BB now. Not that I am a ge-ne-us <- lol, nor a back of beyond redneck, but somewhere in between. I don't have a marketing degree, or any degree for that matter, nor a CEO status. What I do have is my opinion. I have seen the BB brand slide into "almost obscurity" I have listened to peoples opinions, learned a little about the tech. industry and formed an opinion about the brand that I've been loyal to for a lot of years. I have played with other phones but only owned BB's for a decade now. BECAUSE THEY WORK THE BEST FOR ME. I will continue to support BB, but... someone has to pull their head out of their @SS, and do it now. bottom line.
    MHO... OUT!
    mak_1997 likes this.
    10-13-13 12:39 PM
    The damn phone is already Android compatible... Use the google play store.... while developing your own App Ecosystem.
    As I explained in detail earlier in the thread, BB10 is NOT Android-compatible by Google's definition, and thus is prohibited from accessing the Play Store. To put it simply, BB would have to be running Android, not BB10 (among other requirements), in order to have Play Store access.
    10-13-13 03:36 PM
    don't worry, they don't read,
    10-13-13 03:46 PM
    As I explained in detail earlier in the thread, BB10 is NOT Android-compatible by Google's definition, and thus is prohibited from accessing the Play Store. To put it simply, BB would have to be running Android, not BB10 (among other requirements), in order to have Play Store access.
    The runtime was not included so that the consumer could exploit it. And access to it is even locked in some OS versions.

If this happened, I think you would never get native apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 08:00 PM
    These thread started with Nonsense and will finish with nonsense lmfao

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-13-13 08:31 PM
    Ok, my bad, not android compatible, I did word that wrong. Though, with run time, one can side load most any app you will want. Again, use the play store to fill the gap until native BB apps take shape.
    10-14-13 05:29 AM
    Ok, my bad, not android compatible, I did word that wrong. Though, with run time, one can side load most any app you will want. Again, use the play store to fill the gap until native BB apps take shape.
    People already answered your past question.. which was exactly the same but different wording.

You'll have to talk to the developers to "port" over their app so it can work on BB10. It won't work on its own

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 09:35 AM
37 12