My other favourite BB website (n4bb.com) finally closed up shop - not enough traffic. That made me wonder about crackberry.com

Back in my 9900 days this site was hopping with news and discussions - now the same stories seem to be "top" for a week or more, with little in terms of relevant postings.

If these sites are a reflection of BB popularity, I have to wonder what is happening to BB market share. I love my device's hub and the keyboard, but I'm worried that this may be my last BB as the company switches to software only....

(I'll ignore the juvenile/personal attack responses - somehow those people are still around crackberry.com in large numbers)
    04-07-15 03:18 PM
    N4BB shut down? Not really! They shut their app and they mentioned about it. But apart from it, They are alive and kicking. And you know what that means right. I am forced to ignore the rest of your comments ;-)

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    04-07-15 03:27 PM
    N4BB is still on the Web. Was just there.

But I do see the steap decline in postings as well as a dulled atmosphere during the past few BlackBerry product launches.

Anything BlackBerry is affected and most are trying to hang in there. I give them credit for that.

HTC One M9 & BlackBerry Z10 via Verizon
    04-07-15 10:02 PM
    Image how much it would die if BB ditched BB10 and went android. There'd be a few diehards claiming it was the rebirth, but most die hards would see it as the end and grab a flip phone or stockpile some z30's/Classic's/passports..
    04-07-15 11:18 PM

But I do see the steap decline in postings as well as a dulled atmosphere during the past few BlackBerry product launches.

Anything BlackBerry is affected and most are trying to hang in there. I give them credit for that.

I wouldn't say there is a steep decline, Atleast I don't think at Crackberry. May be the admin can throw some light on the numbers.
    I am not sure about the dulled atmosphere at product launches either. Passport and Classic launches were anything but dull.

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    04-07-15 11:43 PM
    Thread title should be changed to "n4bb.com app death..." or something like that
    04-08-15 07:35 AM
    Thread title should be changed to "n4bb.com app death..." or something like that
    Or change the title to "Too lazy to research this, N4BB closed up."
    nt300, Hazo, anon(1926122) and 1 others like this.
    04-08-15 08:00 AM
    Would be interesting to see the trend in Crackberry site hits over the past few years... wonder if we can ask to see them (or would that info be too sensitive?)

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 08:09 AM
    04-08-15 08:18 AM
    Lol, this thread is about nothing. Shut it down MODS.
    Claiming N4BB closed shop? Lmfho

N4BB is also kicking on BlackBerry Channels. They created there website via HTML5 so save the site as a home page and there's your APP.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 08:24 AM

Pretty much, I summed up most of everything there.
    04-08-15 08:25 AM
    Would be interesting to see the trend in Crackberry site hits over the past few years... wonder if we can ask to see them (or would that info be too sensitive?)

Posted via CB10
    Numbers are no secret, they're there on Quantcast. Anyone can look them up. Not entirely accurate but you can pretty much see when the product launches were just by looking at the basic numbers and they show more so than ever, CrackBerry rises and falls with BlackBerry. When BlackBerry does good, CrackBerry does good. When BlackBerry isn't doing good, CrackBerry isn't doing good. And as I mentioned in the other thread.

BlackBerry isn't the same BlackBerry any more either. Their focus has shifted a lot and right now, they're no longer playing as much of a consumer game. It's all about Enterprise and as such, a lot of what they do is behind the scenes and not really out there for everyone to see, which makes it hard to highlight and detail a lot of what they're doing these days and it's only going to get deeper into that arena. Their general news flow is going to be less as we've seen over the past few months.

It's not just a CrackBerry thing. Every BlackBerry site has been hit by the same thing and has to transition into BlackBerry's new software and Enterprise world. N4BB posts less, BlackBerry Empire posts less, Berry Review hardly ever posts, BlackBerry OS posts less. The landscape is changing and until BlackBerry themselves settle into the change it's going to be that way.
    04-08-15 08:26 AM
    Numbers are no secret, they're there on Quantcast. Anyone can look them up.
    Thanks Bla1ze, I'll take a look

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 08:29 AM
    You made a great point about CB's founder bolting for the hills. If anything it is Kevin that should understand John Chen's strategy and where the company needs before further venturing into the consumer market.

BlackBerry did not abandon the consumer market. They have no intention in doing so, not tomorrow and not in the future. What they are doing is targeting a segment that they believe they have strength in. That's Enterprise & Business.

Hate to say it but can BlackBerry TODAY compete in Marketing expenditures as with Apple? Microsoft? Samsung? Absolutely not.

If John Chen's short term plan for cash flow positive works out, I believe (based on some interviews) he will increase its consumer efforts. That's were the slider comes to play. That device is for all, not just for the Enterprise.

One would have thought Kevin would know this strategy? Yes...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 08:39 AM
    You made a great point about CB's founder bolting for the hills. If anything it is Kevin that should understand John Chen's strategy and where the company needs before further venturing into the consumer market.

BlackBerry did not abandon the consumer market. They have no intention in doing so, not tomorrow and not in the future. What they are doing is targeting a segment that they believe they have strength in. That's Enterprise & Business.

Hate to say it but can BlackBerry TODAY compete in Marketing expenditures as with Apple? Microsoft? Samsung? Absolutely not.

If John Chen's short term plan for cash flow positive works out, I believe (based on some interviews) he will increase its consumer efforts. That's were the slider comes to play. That device is for all, not just for the Enterprise.

One would have thought Kevin would know this strategy? Yes...

Posted via CB10
    Slider for all?

Ummmm.... majority of consumers and prosumers want nothing of the sort.

But hey, BlackBerry will just keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again, till oblivion.

BlackBerry 2015 = Stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Posted via CB10
    vanrickman likes this.
    04-08-15 08:57 AM
    Slider for all?

Ummmm.... majority of consumers and prosumers want nothing of the sort.

But hey, BlackBerry will just keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again, till oblivion.

BlackBerry 2015 = Stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Posted via CB10
    I rather BlackBerry release a Z30 replacement such as a high end Z50 and perhaps a Z10 mid range replacement with a Quad-Core, seeing how the majority value battery sucking specs. For sure, but tell me how can they differentiate themselves from the other Full Touch Devices in the market place to date?
    People still don't know what a BB10 is, and the majority of people I know (before I educated them) view BlackBerry as a BOLD QWERTY phone run by an old obsolete BBOS.

How do they compete in such a market? Would a new high end full touch put them in the public eye? Or would that Bankrupt them due to not having the funds for proper marketing. Wait? They stink at Marketing regardless, so scratch that. Lol.

At least with a High End Slider, you get the best Virtual Keyboard & Physical Keyboard coupled on a Full Touch Device. Use either one, your choice. Innovation is what will get BlackBerry out of this Negative Image they seem to be stuck in.

What do you say?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 09:10 AM
    I thought n4bb was just down, but it turns out it has a redirect loop that causes the browser to give up. It's been that way for weeks. (Again, not a good sign that no one has noticed)

Maybe it's a regional thing (hooked into their display advertising server)....anyone in Canada / Ontario able to reach N4BB | BlackBerry News, Reviews, FAQs, Leaks, Help ?
    04-08-15 06:28 PM
    I thought n4bb was just down, but it turns out it has a redirect loop that causes the browser to give up. It's been that way for weeks. (Again, not a good sign that no one has noticed)

Maybe it's a regional thing (hooked into their display advertising server)....anyone in Canada / Ontario able to reach N4BB | BlackBerry News, Reviews, FAQs, Leaks, Help ?
    It has to do with their cookies and optimization they're using from some quick testing. Clear your cookies, it'll go away. But... it'll come back again eventually and you'll have to repeat the process unless they stop using 3-4 different caching solutions lol. They're using Cloudflare, W3 Total Cache, WP Fastest Cache and some Speed Booster Pack.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    04-08-15 11:37 PM

Yes n4bb.com works fine on my passport but loops on the desktop browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 11:39 PM
    (I'll ignore the juvenile/personal attack responses - somehow those people are still around crackberry.com in large numbers)
    And apparently there are moronic posters on CB who don't bother checking their "favourite" websites to see if it's still active.

To the rest of CB posters...yes I know I'm feeding the trolls.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    04-09-15 02:16 AM
    I removed all n4bb cookies, but loop remains. But based on your feedback that seems to support the point of the thread...if they can't bother fix it or users don't bother tell them, then its a sign that BB is really becoming a niche (nice word for minimal market share)
    04-10-15 09:11 AM
    They had updated their BlackBerry channel with all the relevant information.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    04-10-15 01:34 PM

Less bans from here so the banned aren't running there as much?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-10-15 03:13 PM
    I didn't think there were other social BlackBerry sites besides CrackBerry.com. I'm dead serious.

Long live Blackberry.
    04-14-15 11:08 PM
    I used to go to blackberryforums.com before here and it started dying long ago. It's basically dead now. Doesn't surprise me that sites about BlackBerry are dying.
    04-15-15 08:01 PM
29 12