I was in the shower and thinking about BlackBerry.. maybe a weird place to think but thats what I do.
    With the new knox partnership and BlackBerry for the business market.
    Android that is taking too much market share, Windows Phone bit rizing but not the best.

How about releasing the core of BlackBerry 10 / QNX, now you would think: why would they do that?
    Well listen up, we don't have much native apps, simply because we can run Android apps.
    Samsung is always "overhyping" everything they make, Samsung was building (or is already build) Tizen.
    Which can run android apps (i think) its cool but why not make it even better?

As far as I can recall from the early versions of PBOS and/or BlackBerry 10 the UI is called "QNX Laucher".
    I can remember this because if you open an Android app and you have a different launcher you get do you want to open this with (as example) Apex launcher or QNX laucher.
    But I don't know which parts of the OS are core and which parts of the OS are in the QNX launcher.

But lets say Nokia is going to use QNX for their tablets, Samsung is going to release a new line with Tizen/QNX called Omega (just something i came up with)
    All apps that are made for QNX, Tizen or maybe even an OS Nokia will use on their tablet will be 100% compatible with current BlackBerry 10 devices.

Samsung, Nokia can choose if they want it to look like BlackBerry 10, example swipe up, hub amd more or just want their own skin (Touchwiz example for samsung).
    It will take all core functionality from QNX, but the skin looks different.
    if example samsung want to have "home" button.. they can because the classic will also go back to home when pressing the end key (I think!).
    So it act the same as a classic, same with back button or menu keys.

First there needs to be a default theme/skin and style just like iOS.
    Why? to make it more professional and make it look better (like android is trying with OS 5).
    When and if BlackBerry is doing this they can ask a xx amount of money using the OS or even better, make it free for partners but they need to install BBM as default or BBM meetings, or BES as secure workspace and more.

What you get is an OS that can be customized without giving up security (like Android) so no root or anything, no open bootloaders.
    Because brands like Samsung can overrhype this, apps will be compatible with BlackBerry 10 and they are native so they run faster.

Remember how fast BlackBerry 10 is running compare to Android? Well if they play all cards right it will beat every Android device to the junkyard were they belong

I also think that BlackBerry should change the Appworld icon again.. didn't they change it from Appworld to BlackBerry world few years ago? well change it back!
    Because "Appworld" can be used cross device (BlackBerry 10, Samsung, Nokia).

I use only those 3 brands for know, ofc they can also get a deal with Huawei and more.
    The other thing is that other brands should not connect to the BlackBerry infrastructure like we do on BlackBerry 10 (can be but no need to?)

it's just for QNX to replace Android.
    If more brands are going on this road it will be that BlackBerry and all other brands can team up create 1 perfect OS.
    And all "modders and rom installers" can just keep using their Android.

Also I think that we need a complete appworld apps redesign, all apps should meet a default standard.
    Based on colours, icons, and more otherwise they are not "QNX" compatible and will only work on BlackBerry 10.

So, I wonder what everyone is thinking about this?
    11-21-14 04:31 AM
    Click bait title.
    11-21-14 11:44 AM
    QNX's interface is the COMMAND LINE.

QNX is the foundation that BB10 was built upon, but a foundation is not a house. A foundation has no walls, no roof, no doors, no windows, no plumbing, no power, no paint, no carpet, no trim, no cabinets, no appliances, no insulation, etc. A good foundation is extremely important, but almost everything you are talking about has nothing to do with QNX - it's all stuff that BB developed on top of QNX to become BB10.

Anyway, there is nothing to even remotely suggest that either Nokia or Samsung will be using BB10, and plenty to suggest they won't, especially in Samsung's case, because Samsung recently signed a 10-year deal with Google regarding Android, and because any member of the Open Handset Alliance is prohibited from making any devices that run a non-Google-Certified version (i.e., a fork) of Android. BB10 is exactly that - a fork of Android - as long as it includes the Android runtime. So, in order for Samsung to use BB10, they'd have to abandon Android, the OS that has brought them success and made them billions, for an OS that has yet to turn a penny of profit for BB - and, again, would break many contracts with many other companies, including Google.

BB spent more than a year trying to find someone interested in licensing BB10 - Heins was looking for licensees before BB10 was even released. Now that it has been released, and nearly killed BB, failed in the consumer market, and has brought BB's marketshare below 1% worldwide (and still falling), and the app ecosystem has been virtually abandoned, why would a company choose BB10 when even BB couldn't make it profitable?

Before that is even a remote possibility, BB has to prove that BB10 can be a success. We're a ways off from that.
    11-21-14 01:22 PM
    I was in the shower and thinking about BlackBerry.. maybe a weird place to think but thats what I do.
    With the new knox partnership and BlackBerry for the business market.
    Android that is taking too much market share, Windows Phone bit rizing but not the best.

How about releasing the core of BlackBerry 10 / QNX, now you would think: why would they do that?
    Well listen up, we don't have much native apps, simply because we can run Android apps.
    Samsung is always "overhyping" everything they make, Samsung was building (or is already build) Tizen.
    Which can run android apps (i think) its cool but why not make it even better?

As far as I can recall from the early versions of PBOS and/or BlackBerry 10 the UI is called "QNX Laucher".
    I can remember this because if you open an Android app and you have a different launcher you get do you want to open this with (as example) Apex launcher or QNX laucher.
    But I don't know which parts of the OS are core and which parts of the OS are in the QNX launcher.

But lets say Nokia is going to use QNX for their tablets, Samsung is going to release a new line with Tizen/QNX called Omega (just something i came up with)
    All apps that are made for QNX, Tizen or maybe even an OS Nokia will use on their tablet will be 100% compatible with current BlackBerry 10 devices.

Samsung, Nokia can choose if they want it to look like BlackBerry 10, example swipe up, hub amd more or just want their own skin (Touchwiz example for samsung).
    It will take all core functionality from QNX, but the skin looks different.
    if example samsung want to have "home" button.. they can because the classic will also go back to home when pressing the end key (I think!).
    So it act the same as a classic, same with back button or menu keys.

First there needs to be a default theme/skin and style just like iOS.
    Why? to make it more professional and make it look better (like android is trying with OS 5).
    When and if BlackBerry is doing this they can ask a xx amount of money using the OS or even better, make it free for partners but they need to install BBM as default or BBM meetings, or BES as secure workspace and more.

What you get is an OS that can be customized without giving up security (like Android) so no root or anything, no open bootloaders.
    Because brands like Samsung can overrhype this, apps will be compatible with BlackBerry 10 and they are native so they run faster.

Remember how fast BlackBerry 10 is running compare to Android? Well if they play all cards right it will beat every Android device to the junkyard were they belong

I also think that BlackBerry should change the Appworld icon again.. didn't they change it from Appworld to BlackBerry world few years ago? well change it back!
    Because "Appworld" can be used cross device (BlackBerry 10, Samsung, Nokia).

I use only those 3 brands for know, ofc they can also get a deal with Huawei and more.
    The other thing is that other brands should not connect to the BlackBerry infrastructure like we do on BlackBerry 10 (can be but no need to?)

it's just for QNX to replace Android.
    If more brands are going on this road it will be that BlackBerry and all other brands can team up create 1 perfect OS.
    And all "modders and rom installers" can just keep using their Android.

Also I think that we need a complete appworld apps redesign, all apps should meet a default standard.
    Based on colours, icons, and more otherwise they are not "QNX" compatible and will only work on BlackBerry 10.

So, I wonder what everyone is thinking about this?
    Why would they? It will be easier if you think from the perspective of all three of them for BBRY to change to Android and makes a BBOS launcher.
    11-21-14 04:09 PM
    Why would they? It will be easier if you think from the perspective of all three of them for BBRY to change to Android and makes a BBOS launcher.
    Android is nowhere near secure, and you need to use Google apps

Verzonden vanaf mijn BlackBerry Passport.
    11-22-14 04:59 AM
    "Nokia" is using Windows. Not going to happen. :-)
    (We're talking about MS's portion, not the remaining Scandinavian entity, right?)

Thread title should contain [idea] or [something]

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-23-14 05:17 PM
    "Nokia" is using Windows. Not going to happen. :-)
    (We're talking about MS's portion, not the remaining Scandinavian entity, right?)

Thread title should contain [idea] or [something]

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    Not for their tablets, they just released a android tablet

Verzonden vanaf mijn BlackBerry Passport.
    11-24-14 02:28 AM