With news leaking out over the last few months about what BlackBerry are working on - and BB control over leaks and information into the wider world - this has got me thinking about what BlackBerry are up to. And I get the feeling that we are in for a very pleasant surprise this year! This will also be John Chen's showcase to demonstrate how he has materially changed the business - so politically it is extremely important.

I think (& hope) we will see the following launched this year in a co-ordinated and structured way that will underline the innovation and communication leadership that is in BlackBerry's DNA - with each development tightly intergrated but at the same time with the ability to operate individually - however the big benefit will be in using all together.

1. 10.3
    2. Blend
    3. BES Cloud

With the tight control of information from Blackberry I expect there will be some surprises in the launches - and remember with Apple's ios8 some of the features they have incorporated are very attractive such as hand off and taking calls on your desktop - so BlackBerry have to make a splash and move the standards forward.

I feel BlackBerry are taking control of the agenda and are more positive about the future by following their own instincts rather than playing catch up. All we need now is a premium touch handset! An exciting time!
    08-08-14 03:37 AM
    We all hope so for BlackBerry's benefit. I'll be shocked if there aren't many surprises this fall.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 06:05 PM
    Don't forget:
    BBM Video, BBM for Windows Phone official, two new devices, BES12...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-12-14 06:59 PM
    Don't forget:
    BBM Video, BBM for Windows Phone official, two new devices, BES12...

I seriously doubt if bbm video is coming to other devices yet. It might be next year or very late in the year. For now, I think Blackberry is busy working on internal stuff- getting their house in order.
    08-14-14 08:39 AM
    I seriously doubt if bbm video is coming to other devices yet. It might be next year or very late in the year. For now, I think Blackberry is busy working on internal stuff- getting their house in order.
    Which is quite right of them....as long as they don't take too long over it!
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-14-14 08:56 AM
    In the meantime, and that's been like two weeks, I've got my doubts about a BBM Video x-platform release anytime soon.

The NOC might just not be able to handle the extra data avalanche and BlackBerry would need to buy in more in-house or external computing power and bandwidth.

I am sure Chen won't allow for another fiasco on that side and is rather happy to delay it for a while...

No, I don't want the "Skype" experience on BBM... grainy, lag, lag, ...

Let's first see what that new Blend stuff brings...

eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-30-14 12:13 AM
    You are right about everything OP. Nice work!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-30-14 12:50 AM
    I hope he takes the opportunity in the spotlight to properly explain the four pillars.
    I was so surprised that T.H. Didn't pull out a Qnx demo car at the bb10 launch. I really had expected it to play out that way.
    Showing an avalanche of stuff, even if it's not handset related, will really show the fact that BlackBerry is here to stay. IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 10:09 PM
    I would bet a ton that Mr. Chen has some surprises coming. I really like how he has orchestrated everything so far. We already know how he has handled the worst part of BlackBerry's issues. It's going to be great to witness how he and his crew handles the part we've been all waiting for. No doubt a different approach from the past. Bring it on!

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    09-06-14 10:28 PM
    1. 10.3
    2. Blend
    3. BES Cloud
    10.3 and Blend come together with the launch of the Passport phone.

BES12 will launch in the next couple of months and then there's the Classic, 10.3.1 for all devices, and maybe the Z20 (Z3 LTE version) before January.

BES Cloud won't come out of "Market Preview" until some time in 2015, spring time I believe which is when the Market Preview ends.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    09-06-14 10:35 PM