I think BlackBerry can be a Market Leader for wearables. Why I said that is because we have Blend & Assistant.

If BlackBerry can develop a smart watch that just show the time & Blend running in the background together with Assistant.

So what it does is that when we want to we can just activate it by pressing a button & all the activities like emails, SMS, BBM, WhatsApp, & phone calls will be controlled by Blend & Assistant.

So Assistant will read out all the emails, messages & so on when we receive it. These will be fed to a head set connected by blue tooth. We can also just answer an incoming phone call by just saying "answer call"

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:13 PM
    I think your on to something here.

The software is there, might need some refinement. They just need to get the hardware.

The hardware must look professional/premium though, something adults and executives would use.

Posted via CB10
    pogly2 likes this.
    01-14-15 12:50 PM
    I think BlackBerry can be a Market Leader for wearables. Why I said that is because we have Blend & Assistant.

If BlackBerry can develop a smart watch that just show the time & Blend running in the background together with Assistant.

So what it does is that when we want to we can just activate it by pressing a button & all the activities like emails, SMS, BBM, WhatsApp, & phone calls will be controlled by Blend & Assistant.

So Assistant will read out all the emails, messages & so on when we receive it. These will be fed to a head set connected by blue tooth. We can also just answer an incoming phone call by just saying "answer call"

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    So, like everything else out there, then?
    Donvald likes this.
    01-14-15 12:54 PM
    Mindshare plays a big part in wearables, IMHO.

Plus, I think any company that is looking into wearables must have a connected devices strategy as a whole.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-14-15 12:57 PM
    The software is there, might need some refinement. They just need to get the hardware.
    So just tweak the software a little and get the hardware from Foxconn? Didn't it take about a year just to add the toolbelt, modify BB10 and come up with the Classic?

The wearables train has left the station already and Blackberry wasn't on it. CES just wrapped up with a all sorts of major players showing their products. Apple launches its watch in a couple of months.

If Blackberry learned anything from the Playbook it's that you can't show up to the consumer technology race with hardware that is just so-so and half-baked software.
    01-14-15 01:09 PM
    BB would have to publish an API for Blend so that 3rd party devs can get their apps to work with it but then you go back to the original app problem.
    01-14-15 01:15 PM

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    No offense what is so special about that over other watches?

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-14-15 01:19 PM
    As your whole premiss relies on user having a BlackBerry... pretty sure you have lost your mind.

Not sure why you would need BLEND to do most of the things you listed... but yeah it would be cool to have a BlackBerry specific smartphone. But that is a long way from Market Leader.....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-14-15 01:28 PM
    As your whole premiss relies on user having a BlackBerry... pretty sure you have lost your mind.

Not sure why you would need BLEND to do most of the things you listed... but yeah it would be cool to have a BlackBerry specific smartphone. But that is a long way from Market Leader.....
    Well first of all I'm thinking of using Blend because it mirror the phone onto the smart watch. It doesn't even need to show anything else on the display but just the time, maybe the weather too coz everything will be read out to you by Assistant.

No it doesn't have to be smartphone specific as long as Blend for this smart watch is available cross platform. Once that happens then there is more monetisation isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:31 PM
    They are so far away from a wearable that by the time they released one they'd be replaced by something else.
    01-14-15 05:36 PM
    Nope. Without good solid handheld sales the wearable will fail.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-15-15 10:58 AM
    Market leader in connected devices is more likely, or perhaps in "connecting devices". 50 million cars, 400 million ASIC chips shipped with QNX bound for connected machines. Trending devices change from year to year. Laptops have been usurped by tablets, which will be cannibalized by wearables, which will evolve into embedded computers everywhere. BlackBerry is doing the right thing with a platform strategy for IoT, securely connecting everything.
    01-15-15 11:18 AM
    I think wearables are dead in the water. A desperate attempt to innovate now that smartphone development has plateaued. Only total nerds are interested in charging their watch up every night so that it can tell you when to take your phone out of your pocket. Nobody wants the dorky specs with a camera on either.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 12:03 PM
    Limited resources, brand image issues, and they can't even put out a well rounded phone portfolio and now they need a wearable? I only support this if Samsung buys then because BlackBerry can't walk and chew gum at the same time and have proven this many times over the years.

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel and Donvald like this.
    01-15-15 08:44 PM
    I imagined wearables completely differently from the 50�s **** Tracey. Not many great ones about. the main problem is a wearable is just performing the same tasks as the phone. Pretty much its pointless trying to ride to identical bikes at once.
    I think the only way blackberry becomes market leader at this is if the military focus intensifies alot.
    There are alot of stupid ideas out there just because we all got to wearing the Tshirt does n�t make it any less crazy. Quite like the smart ski helmet, but really they�re hardly blowing our minds just our security budgets.
    02-17-15 12:07 AM
    Apple will be market leader it has the most Lawyers.
    02-17-15 12:09 AM
    Apple will be market leader it has the most Lawyers.
    BlackBerry has Zipperstein... :-)
    Typo and Seacrest are feeling the "love".

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    02-17-15 08:17 PM
    Okay, where to start.

1) I don't see any advantage that Blend or anything else gives BB in wearables.

2) BBs market share seems to make it a total non-starter in wearables

3) I doubt BB has 1% of the resources (money for R&D and marketing) to compete in this area against the likes of Apple and Samsung; probably more like 0.1%

4) It took BB something like 5-7 (depending on how you count) years to adequately respond to the iPhone and the fundamental change it brought to the smartphone market. That doesn't seem like a company that can move fast in what is going to be a blisteringly fast up and coming market.

I'm probably leaving some things out.
    02-18-15 01:27 PM
    BlackBerry has Zipperstein... :-)
    Typo and Seacrest are feeling the "love".

•   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   •
    Typo 1 was a clear violation.... But I don't see the Typo 2 being as cut and dry, so I'm not sure it really matters.

Besides I think Typos days were already numbered. With the upsizing of the iPhone 6... an add on keyboard is just too cumbersome. I bet BlackBerry never sees a dime.
    02-18-15 01:46 PM
    Apple will be market leader it has the most Lawyers attractive stores dedicated entirely to selling their own products.
    Fixed that for you.
    02-18-15 02:46 PM