Who thinks Blackberry could have done a better job with the Blackberry passport promo? I know they've been advertising but I have some constructive criticism.

1. The preorder listserv is a failure from a consumer's perspective. I know Blackberry derived a rough idea on how many people are interested in the device but not throwing them any kind of bone in the form of information or exclusivity is mind boggling. I have yet to receive any info on the passport, and the only people who have received an email were business customers who were only polled on how many devices they might pre-order. Talk about not caring about consumers at all. I get that this isn't your main priority, but from our perspective, why even ask if you're not going to publicly do anything about it.

2. Why aren't there more commercials / advertising dedicated to what you can do with a passport that differentiates you from the market? Is this solely because you're directing this device at the enterprise? If so, I hope you're capitalizing on it rather than handing out pamphlets and emails.

3. Is there a livestream for the conference of the passport unveiling? If not, WHY NOT? DAMN! If I can't get an email with some perks at least give me a livestream! Hopefully, one or two major tech blogs will actually cover it and get some free advertising. (I know it's not free, but I think it's worth it)
    09-15-14 12:28 PM
    I agree with your first and third criticism. I'd say they aren't doing much advertisement due to financial limitations. However, I signed up for the listserv email months ago and haven't heard a damn thing. I'd really like more information!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:36 PM
    I agree with your first and third criticism. I'd say they aren't doing much advertisement due to financial limitations. However, I signed up for the listserv email months ago and haven't heard a damn thing. I'd really like more information!

Posted via CB10
    Same here and i already said it: i can understand Blackberry wanted to survey how many people were interested in the Passport but they should have at least make an automatic answer to all the emails they got in the sign-in process.
    Wasn't it advertised as "be the first to know about the Blackberry Passport launch"?
    Never received anything...like they don't care at all about potential "single" consumers, only focusing on enterprises maybe?
    A little bit disappointed.
    09-15-14 12:40 PM
    I haven't seen not one TV, radio commercial, billboard, magazine, commercial at all here in the United States.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 01:43 PM
    The only advertisement I've seen was on Facebook and BlackBerry apps like CB.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 01:46 PM
    I suspect they are waiting til launch.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:24 PM
    Same here and i already said it: i can understand Blackberry wanted to survey how many people were interested in the Passport but they should have at least make an automatic answer to all the emails they got in the sign-in process.
    Wasn't it advertised as "be the first to know about the Blackberry Passport launch"?
    Never received anything...like they don't care at all about potential "single" consumers, only focusing on enterprises maybe?
    A little bit disappointed.
    I said it when they first fired up that sign up page,.. they only use it to later spam you about random non-device-launch related marketing. I think it even says so in the fine print... lol

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:30 PM
    I said it when they first fired up that sign up page,.. they only use it to later spam you about random non-device-launch related marketing. I think it even says so in the fine print... lol

Posted via CB10
    Not to worry.
    I signed up with an email alias, not my BBID!

(Even then, BlackBerry can spam me, it's rather welcome. As long as they spam, they're still around... ;-) )

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-16-14 05:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    sadly you seem to have got it right....
    i don't care about Blackberry spam but still very disappointed by the 0 answer following the sign up process.
    But that won't put a stop to my purchasing of a BB Passport!
    09-16-14 06:07 AM
    I thought it was just me. Yes I dunno why we even signed up for the newsletter. I never got anything from it. It would have been nice to send continuously links to articles talking about the passport or pictures or reviews...